Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Have a simple utility keyboard shortcut or icon in the alignment panel for swapping places of two selected elements. Simply interchange X and Y between the 2 selected objects. It'd be useful when selecting 2 art boards as well.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. option to set a default artboards stacking position

Option to set a default artboard stacking when duplicating an artboard to (left, right, top, down) positions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If you are zoomed out you hardly can select a small shape. Maybe you should adjust the selection tolerance depending on the zoom.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Super-admins (enterprise level) should be able to:
    -View, edit, delete, create teams
    -View, edit, delete, add team members + owners
    -Assign/ remove teams to/ from projects

Team Admins (manager level) should be able to:
    -Add members to a team
    -Remove members from a team
    -Edit role-based access permissions for each member of the team related to project access (Team admin, Collaborator, Reviewer, Approver)

Teams are associated with:
    -Projects (specs, style guides, prototypes)
    -Asset libraries & UI kits

This is related to the following feature requests (that I could discover)
    :
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16963429-user-permissions-for-collaboration

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collaboration-on-same-document-real-time-or-check

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930321-creative-cloud-library-support-share-symbols-asse

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12935340-shared-style-guide-within-members-of-a-team-objec

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think it would make it really easy on users if you could add a keyboard shortcut that would allow the left-up-down-right arrow keys to switch selections between art boards or components (would be nice to insta swap art-boards or just have them animate to focus on the desired board). I don't like the idea of having to use my mouse and space-bar. It just feels really inefficient.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be great to have not only Lorem Ipsum, but rather the "simulation" of text when you create title or text blocks.

The idea is to create wireframes without concerning at all in the first instance on font selection, etc. The focus is layout layout layout. After a second instance, this should be able to be converted to Lorem Ipsum to apply typography.

See image attached for the "simulation" reference.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. XD should have a "Plan" view similar to Adobe Muse that shows the pages in sitemap form. This would allow users to layout the page structure/hierarchy in a sitemap and easily rearrange the structure as needed. Users could then switch back to Design view to work on the wireframes of each page or Prototype view just as they do now.

Currently, I need to use a different application like Balsamiq or Omnigraffle to create my sitemaps and then I need to create wireframes in XD. It would be great if I could do both in XD.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Description:
    I am missing a freehand shape tool that allows me drawing sketches directly in XD (Like a pen on paper).
    A freehand vector pencil tool like the one in illustrator would be perfect.

Value:
    Currently I am drawing my sketches in Illustrator, copying them later into XD. Would be nice working without this workaround.

Thank you.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to be able to prevent the Select tool from automatically selecting the topmost layer (just like in Photoshop) so I can drag/move items without having to select them directly or have my cursor directly on them.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to hide my cursor when I am recording a video of a prototype.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would love to have the prototype pane (in-browser) have a scrollbar if the content exceeds the bounds of the prototype. Obviously, it does scroll with the mouse and keyboard mechanisms, but there is no visual indication to the user that there is additional content.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but you can't align an element to a locked element. You have to unlock the element first, then do your alignment, then re-lock that element. Which is kind of annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)