Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting. Cannot compress (zip) exported files when there is a long dash in the filename on a windows machine. There may be other issues that arise when there is a long dash?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm visually impaired and have a hard time seeing Xd's user interface. Gray icons and text on gray background are very hard to see. UI elements are also small. There should be an option to choose an UI with higher contrast and larger text/icons.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I've started using XD for eLearning development so that I can show our indian team exactly what we need. If I could give them the XD file and they could open it in Captivate that would be SO useful and cost effective.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In photoshop, when you're editing text, hitting the enter' key found in the numerical portion of a keyboard then exits the 'text edit' mode, not create a new line. The normal 'enter' key should be for that.

Similarly, when changing any values such as text size, style etc in the right panel, pressing the 'numerical enter' key first accepts the value changes, and pressing it again should then exit the 'text edit' mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would be nice to actually get a live preview of typeface changes when you select text in the layout and scroll trough the fontlist. Like you get in Photoshop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please can you modify the installation process (at the very least through Adobe CC) such that the program installs the software to match your Creative Cloud settings and NOT your operating system settings.

Many manufacturers (Dell, HP, Acer) lock the OS language to stop companies buying laptops cheap in Thailand and using them in the US, for example.

The result is that many of us work (especially in Europe) work on a computer in the local language but work IN our native language;

I work in France but not IN FRENCH.

Many thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Working with a team on a project requires me to pass on my Xd files to others sometimes. Maybe it is me being messy, but being able to drop shapes and text on the workspace would mean a lot more structure to me.

For example: if I could drop things on the workspace, i'd be able to create notes, drop grouped artboards on a colored background etc. In that way it would be easier for me to pass on my files without leaving the next person puzzled. And as I am working on a rather big project, it would even…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello team, make it possible to reorder Artboards as it's done on PowerPoint (Slides). This is helpful when we export all artboards into PDF. we will be able to change the order of artboards.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

14. Title speaks for itself. I realize this is a feature request that should be forwarded to the framer.js team as well. An alternate solution would be scripting support with coffeescript or jquery.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to define functional requirements for the application within XD and tag these cards or user stories to artboards/groups/individual elements.

This helps with traceability/transparency for larger teams or teams of teams when delivering using tools such as JIRA and helps to keep XD as a living design document for the application.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It will be neat to have the option of printing the comments along with the design

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement Full Screen Mode
    Which already available in Other Adobe Apps(Illustrator,Photoshop)
    F is the shortcut key

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice if Adobe supports XAML standardization, and made XAML its code behind Adobe XD, including integration options with Xamarin.Form.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)