Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

2. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hot spots can be turned off by adding "?hints=off" to the URL of your web prototype.

If hints are off, we should also turn off changes to the cursor when someone hovers over a hotspot.

This would be useful for user testing.

Please vote if you want this implemented. Or, leave comments below on why we shouldn't do this!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sketch has a feature where it remembers the relative positioning or XY of objects within a group. So if you copy / paste from inside one group to another group you can paste items into the exact same position.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My group works on the vector formats used by Android (VectorDrawable for static images and Animated Vector Drawable for animated vector graphics).
    I wondered if it would be interesting to Adobe for your design tools (such as XD) to produce these assets directly, to make it easier for Android developers to work with these resources in Adobe's tools.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Sketch 3 I can just drag n drop any SVG from browser (e.g. from http://www.flaticon.com ). But I can't do it in XD. Instead now I have to download file on my computer, than find this and drag file from Finder.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would love to have a menu item at the very least, that I could assign a keyboard shortcut, to rename a layer or group. I'm on a big display and it wastes so much of my time, dragging my mouse all the way to the top left to also double click a layer.

Thanks!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
    Exemple in picture attached

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We all need sample data as designer to fill our preview ! Sample data is great. But sometime you work on redesigning existing website/app/whatever so there is already an API with all the data you need. I'd love to have a feature that allow me to make request from a specific API to have revelant data !

Since video is better than words. I'd love to have that for Adobe XD :

(sorry if someone already talk about it)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It's seems that mask with shape doesn't work with grouped or symbols elements.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could it be possible to rework the placement of the Symbols & Layers toggle buttons ? They are not where i expect them to be. I'm forced to learn shortcut to switch.

I don't have the solution but you could maybe moving them on top on the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we please get a preview of .xd files in Bridge? Right now it's just the XD logo.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)