Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be really nice to know the count of artboards in your file

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Prototyping Links without wires for key functions like Home button.
    That said when you want to link number of pages that have a consistent home buttion back to your Home page the number of wires gets messy. We need to be able to get the links dialog without necessarily haveing to deal with wires. Or wires dialog could have an option to turn specific interaction wires on/ff

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integration with typeset software such as LateX Studio, TeX Studio, and with Mathematical simulations software that are open sourced, free.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd very much like to see more elaborate way of collaborating, meaning that it would be amazing if you could comment, draw and discuss the web shared prototype, directly on the prototype link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll be leaving this suggestion open, but we currently do have comments and replies support in shared prototypes. You can view them by clicking on the speech bubble in the upper right hand corner of your shared prototype page.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

6. Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Speed to market:
    Please accelerate the development of this product.
    Drip feeding product features is leaving you well behind the market.
    Justifying CC is now actively discussed.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to set image position like "background-position" in CSS:
    Example:
    - Stick image to the right of the shape (background-position: top right)
    - Align image center (background-position: center center)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please change the default value for Line Height to Normal or Auto, instead of 0, just like it works in CSS or Phothsop, because line-height:0; is actually a value in CSS which makes the line height 0.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. While we're waiting on Xd to add a feature for annotations / documentation / callouts / etc., I have come up with a very useful workaround. This workaround lets you add a notes panel next to each artboard that can be easily moved with the artboard, scaled to accommodate longer scrolling pages, and can be easily shown or hidden when running in preview mode.

This attached document includes lots of detail on how to use the workaround yourself, as well as plenty of feedback for the Xd team on what I'd like to see in the annotations feature once they…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. While stupid for others... this is something that I personally use a lot. Especially when working on the go. Hitting a tab and previewing the whole design for a quick check.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Nice work so far guys.

It would be GREAT to be to be able to choose how each element on a page will transition regardless of where they link - or if they link anywhere.

So, for example, my sidebar dissolves, but my centre content slides off left, meanwhile my footer pushes down off the page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows users are used to the key binding Ctrl + Y redoing the last undo (you know, Ctrl + Z is undo, Ctrl + Y is redo), but currently, it hides the left sidebar. That gets very confusing and uncomfortable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add such functionalities to allow development of custom html5 panel extensions and jsx scripts.
    Thank you.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Photoshop, you can use the dotted rectangular feature to select a part of an image and cut it out, copy it, etc. I'd like to do the same with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)