Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It could be nice if the boundingbox that sorrounds the font on hover, expands in size when increasing the lineheight. With that we could set the lineheight as the developers use it in css.

See example attached.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great if it was possible to merge styles or characters. For example if I have a font style in the same weight, but in slightly different colors, it would be great to have the possibility to merge these two into one style, without having to relink the existing text boxes. Same would go for colors.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Every time I update my file, I have to keep a separate document to record all the changes I made linking to the labels I placed in my XD document so that everyone in the team, especially the engineering team will know what's the difference between version 21 and version 50.

It would be great if Adobe XD can create a changelog automatically, and take screenshots of those changes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This ideas is similar to the "Option to capture mic audio in record mode" however, if we have web cam enabled we should be able to utilize it.

Also, the record option is kind of wonky because it wont allow the user to enter a full screen, presentation mode

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I often will make a box with text in it. I want to be able to opt-drag that text to make a copy in a different box. This works, but the text is part of the box+text group I've made rather than being created outside of the group (as doing a copy/paste command would do).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to suggest to have a notification somewhere to inform the viewers that the prototype has been updated so that the current viewers could refresh the page. If a developer is looking at it, he wouldnt realise that there were changes made to the screen as there is no indicator of new changes. So every time I shared my prototype again, I had to inform the team (through slack or trello) that I've made some updates so that they could refresh the page to look at changes made to the screens.

I don't want it interrupt ongoing presentations or…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Many designers are very used to the shortcut for selecting nothing (cmd+shift+a) especially when editing text instead of clicking away. Would be great if that worked in XD as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sometimes we have to show a mock-up and simulate mouse cursor states. It would be nice to have a ready-made library available.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Something that made me almost rage-quit a project the other day is the fact, that you can't zoom or scroll while editing text.
    Also please make the "select nothing"-shortcut (cmd+shift+a) work in a textbox. It's something that is just baked into many designer's muscle memory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Snapping 0px padding objects inside repeat grid. Maintain snap when resizing an adjacent item.

Currently, if I use a repeat grid to create an alternating pattern of items, and I try to resize one of them it overlaps with its adjacent item. This repeats with all of the repetitions.

It would be much more helpful if it pushed the adjacent item instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Faster syncing of pc/mac work in xd to mobilr

Takes way too long for existing and new xd files to show up in creative cloud to see on iOS.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Mac] Unintentional masking problem with SVGs when replacing via drag

Tried to find this in the forums, so I hope I'm not posting about a known issue!

I have an icon (SVG) in one of my layouts. I've duplicated my artboard several times. With regular images (like PNGs), I can just drag a new image onto the one I want to replace or swap out. Works fine. But if I use SVGs, dragging the new SVG icon onto an existing one creates a mask group...?

(v. 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, it makes sense! Once we import SVG, we essentially treat it like any other object. It sounds like you want to ensure that your SVGs retain some “image” properties and be able to swap them the way you can already swap images. I’ll keep this one as open for now! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

-Elaine

18. To go along with the shared styles, have a shared sitemap that you can click on and be taken to the design and easily jump back and forth between the site map mode and the design mode. Also, easy way to export the sitemap.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for clarification on this request. Are you asking for…

- An overview/map in shared prototypes on the web? If yes, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13760121-show-all-screens-to-navigate-shared-prototype-map-overview

- An overview/map in shared design specs on the web? If yes, this feature is done already! This is now the starting view for any design specs link.

- An overview/map within the XD desktop app itself? If yes, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12957801-simplified-view-of-artboard-interaction-links-overview-desktop-app

19. One thing I miss from Axure is the ability to select multiple items on the page using two options:
    1. everything contained in the selection box gets selected
    2. everything intersected by the selection box gets selected

Adobe XD only supports 2. above. When using lots of objects, option 1. often makes this a lot easier. Even selecting from the layers panel this isn't ideal. I'd love something similar to Axure in this respect

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hey Guys, sometimes i want to copy the coordinates of a locked Item, but i have always to unlock the Item to copy the Coordinates. What about, when u change it to make the copy possible but forbid to change the coordinates of a looked Item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)