Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XD Mobile App: 'Refresh' current document

The XD iOS preview app should have a 'refresh' function.

I've had the app lose connection several times, and not update even though I am still editing the document.

A 'refresh' function could re-connect to the currently open document and reload the changes made since the last update.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase visual contrast between active and inactive layers

Hi, I really get the urge to use a minimalistic design UI in your new software, but the design should not stand in the way of usability.

One problem I have is that is is really hard to distinguish between active layers and none active ones because the grey color is way to similar.

Also (example attachment) it is hard to quickly see which layers are grouped with which folder/symbol if the Layerbox has a lot of layers. (Maybe use an down facing arrow like in Photoshop)

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Original in Photoshop / Illustrator

There should be an option for 'Edit Original' in a right-click menu.

For example, an image in the document should be able to launch Photoshop by clicking 'Edit Original'.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Placing multiple images like in indesign

It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dragging and Dropping Outside Items into Repeat Grids Instead of Cutting and Pasting

After creating a repeat grid, if you have elements outside the grid that you want to add to the grid, it cannot be simply dropped into the Repeat Grid 'Group". You have to cut it and double click into the grid to paste it in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Maintain scale when dragging symbol from panel

v 0.6.2.7

-when placing a symbol, the scale is not always correct, so I drag and drop from the symbols menu/bar, and sometimes the scale is ~70%.

So when I release, and "place" the symbol, it grows, and isn't placed correctly, requiring me to re-select, and then re-place the symbol. Not a huge problem, but feels like an inconsistent experience, buggy, and was probably just an oversight.

Symbols should always come off the menu bar @ 100% scale, so I only have to select and place it once.

https://youtu.be/qXRQ8-WtlOM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically generated charts and graphs

We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google material UI Kit should have all icons within it

The Google Material UI Kit is great but could all the icons be in there please?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google UI Structured Table

Please expand upon existing Google UI kit to include the Google Material Structured Data Table

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow multi-selection of an object in a symbol and an object outside of a symbol

I can't select those two objects (Attachment / Red dots). The reason I want to select them is because I want to align them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not change layers view on deselect

I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Symbol toolbar button for quick access

It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate locked layers (Cmd + D)

Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiline text box adjustment in repeat grid

In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable trackpad/magicmouse touch movement

I just started using Adobe XD instead of other UX system and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Embed Controls from External Control packages

For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tooltips / Annotations that appear WHILE using interactive prototype

Add the ability to embed tooltips and/or annotations on design so that when a user is interacting with your prototype and hits a "hotspot" a tooltip or annotation appears.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base