Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be amazing if we could have the ability to insert a "placeholder" box which allows the input of HTML/CSS code to create an interactive element. For example; Drop down fields, accordions etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to add items to a symbol would not only speed up production time, but would also prevent the scenario where existing symbols (and their overrides) must be manually replaced if the user wants to add an object to a symbol.

If there is a way to do it, it is not intuitive. I can delete, move, and restyle items within a symbol. But if I try to drag another item into the symbol (say, another symbol such as a newly created button), it doesn’t work. XD shows a block icon (⦸) where the dragged insertion point should be.…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently add an object to a symbol by cutting, selecting an object inside the symbol, and then pasting. You can also enter and exit group edit context really quickly by double clicking on a symbol or group. However, you’re right in that you currently can’t drag directly into a symbol. I’ll repurpose this request to focus on that behavior.

-Elaine

4. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When working on websites we often have breakout's with a ton of iterations for single pages/tools in pages.

Currently I just put all the iterations in the same XD file, but the file is now huge and takes several minutes to open.

It would be extremely useful to take the an artboard and make a whole new document from the selected artboard. There doesn't need to be any linking between artboards, simply taking that single artboard and creating a new document with the same color palette and objects.

A workaround is copying all the artboard contents and pasting into a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can't believe this suggestion doesn't already exist, but I work on a 32" or a 27" monitor all the time. I have plenty of screen real estate. Why not let me view both Assets and Layers panels at the same time?

489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

8. Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The link is rather long. I usually run my link through bit.ly to prevent long links.

Shorter links would be great when sharing prototypes with clients.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Styles/assets still need a lot of work but one feature I'd like to see added sooner rather than later is the ability to based one style on others like you can in InDesign. Make them better if you can because even ID's "based on" feature can be improved.

Basically what I'd like to see is the ability to set a style (body copy for instance) and make separate styles based on this for perhaps different colors (white on colored box for instance). If I need to change the size, font, and/or style I would do it in my base style…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This feature is available in other Adobe products. This screenshot is from illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To unlock objects, I need to manually select every locked object to Unlock it. This is time consuming and obnoxious. Indesign, Illustrator, Sketchup and others use Unlock All to Unlock every object, saving loads of time.

I think where Illustrator's model could be improved upon is to make "Unlock all" artboard specific so that you're not unlocking every object on every artboard which is generally bad for productivity. In Illustrator I find myself continually needing to group everything on the board before I do "Unlock All" and either hide it or drill down into it so I don't accidentally unlock…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

16. When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,792 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is it possible to use the same 'Links' window from InDesign as a feature in XD?

Example: I am working on a website for a client with multiple artboards and lots of images. I need full control and understanding of the output resolution of each image and also it's file name and location (when not working from images in CC libraries). There are some watermaked stock images and I will need to go through them, download and relink on approval - then export each asset.

Having the Links panel integrated into XD from InDesign would be a massive help and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When changing the color, dimensions, or location of an object I often want to press 'V' to change the cursor to 'Select' and move on. 'V' is not a valid value in any of those fields, so it would be great when I press 'V' it would lose focus on the field, and change the cursor.

Instead, I have to remember to hit 'Escape' then 'V'.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If you allow a user to post directly from the tool this would really save time.
    Then if you allow us to select areas of the artboards that we are referring to, screen grab/ record, that will also help out a lot.

Right now, it is very disruptive to switch back and forth between browser and XD to post an idea...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)