Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drop shadow gradient

The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Illustrator Symbols

Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable IDs in SVG export

I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add app shortcuts and recent files to Windows jumplist

I would love for XD to support in the next update a jumplist, for us to easily access of recent files, pinned files on the jumplist, UI kits and some few app shortcuts for easy access/launch on them, both if we pin XD to our Windows taskbar, and to it's tile

Here's the concept I made. I put some time into it. I hope you see this and consider this. I'm very certain the jump list support is just a small work to implement, I know it. Please do it on next update, most CC apps already have this. i…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Splash screen on the launch of XD

I want you guys to implement and make a splash screen for XD too. Not just for aesthetics style, and not just to be inline with Adobe CC apps too, but to show immediacy to the XD app instead of a plain grey color on the splash, a clever workaround to make transition on launching the XD to showing the Start page, but on users like me, time is precious, and on that grey page, some users on old and slow machine, or let say you're a known multitasker and have so many apps running with you, you'll end up…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change order of artboard in layer panel on duplicate

When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to make (Guest) comments only visible for owner

I'm currently testing one of my designs in XD.

I've shared my design with some users so they could leave their feedback by using the comment en pin tool.
    Those comments are visible for everyone what could influence the users comments by reading other users comments.

I think i would be great if the owner can decide whom can view the comments and mark them as invisible when desired.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Character counter

For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Snap text box height to line spacing value

Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integration or Export the UI to JS React Native file

Hi there! I'm excited with this tool from you.
    I came here to suggest few things base in actual ideas going on.

I'm a React Native user. I'm pretty excited with RN too. And I would be glad to merge RN with Xd.

For RN we have few tools (IDE) like Deco IDE (just MAC...) and exponent. Deco is very interesting and Xd could overcome it.

I think create UI inside Xd and transform the it's layers into React native tags would be the simplest way. Adobe XD would not be affected just creanting a kind of "react export". These…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export assets for UWP apps

Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (.scale-100.png, .scale-125.png, .scale-150.png, .scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color wheel like Ai, PS and InDesign

Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Choose image compression level on images creating a prototype

When creating a prototype link - if you could set an image compression level that would save stakeholders waiting for an age when waiting to viewing the prototype. In a number of cases actually using the prototype link as a presentation tool, it is just not efficient enough to be consistently viable as a choice.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow images linked from the web as assets in the file

Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set gutters of repeat grid to fractional values

When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pan command is not easily discoverable

It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple color palettes

Create custom color pallets and be able to have more than one loaded at a time. Be able to customize names of colors, so we can patch developer terms, like 'Primary Color'. Then, be able to change that color and have it change everywhere. Also, be able to delete a color and if you use that color in your document, you can choose a color to replace it with (just like InDesign).

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base