Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The bounding box disappears when resizing multiple objects together. It would be helpful if it would stay visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you open layer/link panel the canvas view of your artboards shifts horizontally. quite annoying when using shortcuts and moving between them or switching on off.

dont see the use of artboards moving/making space for the panel. i think it would be better for the artboards to stay in place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When resizing an object that has a width with decimals (eg. 200.3 px) to snap to an other object that has a different width the object snaps and but still has a decimal of .3 px no matter what the other object's width is. Hence the two objects are not equal in width and have to be manually adjusted in the properties panel.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve converted this to a feature request, as this is currently working as expected. Often, forcing things to snap to the pixel can introduce warping, and so we default to maintaining the existing size.

-Elaine

5. To speed up work you could press for example "C" key and you have acces to context menu under your cursor. It could show different options for different types of objects.
    For example:
    1) Shape / shapes - menu contains last used colors (alt clicking on color applies it to border), align, and other tools. (example image attached)
    2) Text - menu contains styles, fill with lorem ipsum, text alignment etc
    3) ...
    It would be super awesome if you could customize that menus.
    Another idea is to maybe rebuild/add to right click menu to be more context aware and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

7. Just show color HEX code next to each color preview (background/border/shadow) instead of making us clic this color picker to read it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd really like the ability to resize the text within a text box by resizing the text box via command + shift (like in InDesign).

This would be particularly useful when resizing a group of objects to fit a space (and wanting all of the proportions to stay the same). Right now, if I select a group of objects and drag to resize them, the text needs a lot of adjusting afterwards.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to save a PNG or JPG file with all the artboards in the file
    I'd like to save my artboards to a single file, but I can only currently export a series of images of each artboard. I've provided an example below, which I've stitched together in Photoshop.

Poder Guardar un archivo .PNG o .JPG con todas las mesas de trabajo como lo esta ya haciendo Photoshop cc

Buenas amigos la idea seria que al guardar mis mesas si tengo un archivo extenso se puedan guardar todas al mismo tiempo como .PNG o . JPG como lo hace…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As you go through a design, objects are created and sequentially stacked on top of each other. This affects Z index and view.

Using things like self created grid/layout systems or objects that are required to stay at the top of the z index get obscure and I spend an awful lot of time reorganizing my layers. Too much time.

To save time - having the ability to "pin" the layer order of groups or objects would be amazing. Additionally, defining group/object stacking order by "pinnable" alphanumeric identification would be terrific. example:

Top Layer — Pin1
    Second to — Pin2…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When prototypes are shared online they look best in full screen mode, however there is no way to exit full screen mode except using the .esc key which isn't intuitive to clients. So many of them just close the browser and start again, or just give up.

Can you please add a button to exit full screen mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. like sketch or another apps, they have plugins to export to swift ( UI ) or another platform in web or android, it's make it easier and better than build design again on swift or android studio.

Thanks

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be really handy to be able to view fold lines as the artboard height increases so that designers can accurately design for each view.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi all,

I am still waiting to see if we can have a global colour palette for XD?
    I am finding its very odd that you don't have access to a palette until you have pre-defined one. Its such a time waster.

In photoshop and illustrater (and sketch) you where able to play around with global colours to see what was working for a new product for example. Now its almost like you need to have a set colour palette in mind before you start.

It would be great to either have default global colours or you can create your…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Comments are great and I always use them. I find myself wanting to reorder comments so my 5th comment (for example) can be placed at the top as my 1st comment.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am happy the gradient fill is finally possible. What would be great is the ability to add a single gradient to multiple elements, like in the attached image.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that you can already do this if you create a Boolean group using your objects and the “Add” or “Union” command. Once it’s a Boolean group, your objects will react to a single gradient fill.

20. I noticed that if I pasted in content from another source (in this case, Sketch), everything imports properly but if I try to move the ARTBOARD it merely stays in place and the pasted content moves. However, if I select 2+ artboards, no problem.

This may just be a bug.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)