Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display online comments in desktop application

It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flexbox functionality (Smart Layout)

Basically the same function as flex has in CSS.

• Justify: Space Between

• Justify Space Arround

• Direction: Column and Row

This will make is easier to spred icons or text in a container.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 70% as an item of the zoom menu

This might sound silly but I'm on a retina display and in order to see the work more or less in "actual size", I need to type "70%" every time. It would be great having these factors already on the menu for easy interaction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Content Options for Objects

It would be great if we could assign a content type to an object (graphic, text, unassigned) and set the inset spacing you want applied as well like you can currently InDesign (see screenshots).

It avoids the extra work to create an object and text field separately and group them. This also ensures that the text is always vertically and horizontally centered within your object (see button example in screenshot).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Built-in Type Scales

I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Do not convert three periods into ellipsis

When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved Noun Project integration: don't convert to bitmap on drag/drop

Integrating with https://thenounproject.com/ app on Mac would really speed up the process flow of applying icon sets into the app design.

I'm currently hopping from the noun project app, to Adobe Illustrator before copying across to XD. It would be good to miss out the middle man and just drag straight to XD.

Thanks!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already get full-quality vector icons from the Noun Project desktop app directly into XD via copy-paste.

However, if you drag & drop from the Noun Project app into XD, you get a bitmap instead of a vector, which is not ideal.

So XD has partial integration already — I’ll leave this request open to cover the remaining missing piece of better drag/drop behavior.

8. Go to Current Artboard while in Preview Mode

When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto activate eyedropper when moving mouse outside the color picker box

I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Possibility to add timestamp/version note on export artboards

I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Organize shared prototypes and design specs

I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mac UI Kit

Add a UI Kit for Mac OS X interface controls. I often do extensive prototyping of Mac application interfaces, and there needs to be a better tool than things like Keynote.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Color shift in shared prototype

I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pinch gestures to zoom on mobile preview

Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate randomuser.me service for automatic User assets generation

Anybody working in this field knows the "randomuser.me" web service.
    Randomuser.me service is an essential tool for automatic User assets generation.
    AdobeXD should integrate it. It is has simple API, and it is free.
    This would make out lives much easier. Manually creating users profiles every time is something that can make a designer cry...

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Apply to all repeat grid cells / Update text in all cells

Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assign artboard to a device for preview

It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Russian language support

adobe xd почему нет русский язык?

[Translated] request for Russian language version of Adobe XD.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy SVG Code

I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you export to SVG, you should have your fonts and images available. Once you output, drag your SVG into a browser to ensure that it’s exported correctly. You might also want to try embedding your images instead of linking them, just in case Sketch doesn’t import the SVG correctly. I’m going to leave this open as a suggestion in the meantime.
    -Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base