Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When you have an existing shared project and you go to "Share Again", because you need to update the link, the new link is directly under the "Share Again" button, so I have accidentally clicked "New Link" when I only wanted to do an update.

This mistake means I have to contact the entire Executive and Sales levels associated with the source project, to let them know about the new link they now have to distribute to all of the Clients / Prospects / Partners. This also means update PowerPoints that have the link embedded with them, etc... It's a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To solve the problem to connect by a USB cable on W10, it would be great to enable to preview the prototype by scanning a QR code like it was possible with Pixate Studio. This was a real big asset of Pixate, very helpful, and I think it’d make XD even better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It can be great to have color scheme/theme like Colors in Assets.

As of now you can pick any color and replace it (Assets->Colors).
    My suggestion is to make group of colors that you can replace and then switch between different sets (Assets->Theme).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, if the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right now the shortcut for the Element panel is CTRL + SHIFT + Y (on Windows) and CTRL + Y for Layers panel. I always get confused what combination I have to use in order to switch between the panels because I constantly change in which panel I am. Since the panels are displayed in the same flyout and at the moment there are only two panles it would be super super awesome to just switch between the panels with the same shortcut. Like when I am in the Layers I press CTRL+Y and I see the Elements. Then I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

8. Content move-down handle like in Muse

It would be incredibly helpful to have a move-down handle (like there is in Muse) to move all of your content down on a page and have the page auto-resize. As of now, you have to resize the page and guess at how long it should be, then select all of the elements you want to move down, move them and then change the page size again...inefficient. Muse does this part right!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to drag and drop an image into another image to simply replace the image with the same dimensions and size. (feature available in Keynote).

Useful when replacing images/photography that's been tweaked in Photoshop. Otherwise need to import image, resize, and repositioning every time there is an edit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When hovering over a text element, the cursor changes to a text selection cursor. This leads me to believe that I can drag select the text I'm currently hovering over (as you are able to do in applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator).

Currently though, when I try and drag select a portion of text within a text element it creates a new text box in the area I'm dragging, over top of the existing text element. This is inconsistent behaviour when compared to other Adobe apps.

This is valuable because it skips the step of having to click into…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. After using the same tools and functions after a few times a prompt should appear telling the user the keyboard shortcut to help speed up their productivity.

This could be very helpful for first time users and beginners, but also helpful for general use to help everybody be more aware of the keyboard shortcuts available.

Some people may not like this idea so there should be an option to turn off the prompts...

Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you have an object with a fill that's very close to the pink color of the guide, it's hard to see the value of the guide

Is it possible for the guide color to change when the background color of the object is almost the same color?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sketch does this quite easily, and I think it has to be part of Adobe XD:

Essentially, when you mask an image, you should be able to make the image transparent in the mask while whatever shape is masking the image can keep it's color. This makes it super quick/easy to have the effect of images overlaying on a darker color.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The 'design preview' window is set to always be the topmost / frontmost window when running XD. This is a problem because it deviates from standard window behavior on a mac.

If a program has multiple windows that I can minimize or dismiss, then I should be able to bring any window to the forefront by simply selecting it. All other windows should then automatically stay open but appear behind the topmost window.

I just want XD to follow standard practice on the mac. I'm very comfortable switching between windows using cmd+~ or using the 'window' menu in the toolbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

19. Hello,
    I just returned from Adobe Max and loved learning about XD. I work for Le Creuset and would love the ability to be able to sketch our product and a 3D model be created in XD. I know this was part of Sneaks. Or at least be able to upload our 3D models that we currently have in other applications to be able to place new designs on our product in XD. Is that a possibility? If so, what format do they have to be in? Thank you, Nicole

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)