Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would be ideal to allow the user to add additional guides in the center of gutters, so that when you're designing something with no gutters, there is still a guide to snap to. Really badly described, but hopefully the attached will explain it better.

Either that or the guides could have an invisible snap point in the center of the gutters.

Am I the only person who sets grids up like this in PS?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In the Beta vesion of XD there used to be a feature to add an icon (client logo etc.) to the Prototypes, so if you saved it to your homescreen (iOS) the icon would act as the favicon/home screen icon. This seems to have been dissabled in the official release, can we have it back as it was very useful. Ironically my old prototypes still have the icon in them and I no longer have any way of updating/removing them

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sometimes, we are checking the whole design or we brainstorm it with someone else.
    we need a place to take notes about a specific page or object to maybe modify it later.
    A note or comment tool inside the app, is a great tool for designers to but some kind of reminders for themselves and attach a note to an object or artboard.

I need this feature each and every time that I have meetings with my colleague about the designs. I have to take notes on paper or some other apps. but it would be so helpful and productive…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As I am incorporating Adobe XD more and more in my prototyping workflow, I find that switching from artboard to artboard and zooming out for a bird's eye view and then zooming in on a another artboard are primary actions within the app.

Also, since as PS-like scrubby zoom and flick panning are not implemented at this time, I find this whole process to be not quite optimized.

Since the introduction of Microsoft's Surface Dial device, it seems support has been added for it in Illustrator (https://helpx.adobe.com/si/illustrator/using/microsoft-dial.html) and given Ai's similar use of artboard and vector based approach,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Would love to see an integration with Adobe Illustrator Symbols!
    Will give the users an easier way to work and export directly from AI symbol panel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I use a symbol font like Font Awesome and paste that into a text box with another font for my regular paragraph copy, my developers can't isolate and get the CSS, Fonts, Colors, etc. from the inline symbols or separate fonts. Would be nice to have a way to select a text container and toggle through the different fonts represented. Or click again to select a specific symbol or element in the text area and target that for getting specs on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Japanese language, both vertical writing and horizontal writing are used, because I want vertical writing features.

縦書きテキスト
    垂直文本
    세로 텍스트

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new layout grid is great, however: it would be useful to be able to define the total width of the layout grid with a single value. Right now you adjust it indirectly by defining the margins on either side of the grid system, which is less than useful, especially for web design.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am looking to use Adobe Xd as a rapid prototyping tool for our business. sliders such as those used for color, and volume controls would be of an immense help. The color picker sliders wouldn't be as advanced as those that were in Adobe Color CC. These are just simple sliders that start at 0 then go to 255 for RGB values. We also have brightness/intensity sliders and white temp sliders as our lighting is RGBA. I don't need them fully functional, just having the ability to work the control knob left to right would be grand!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right now the layout grid is very basic and solves just a very basic scenario. But with complex and large websites / apps that have nested column layouts it's to simple.

Taking Bootstrap 4 as a reference that allow you to create rows which also contain N amount of columns, it would be a massive help to be sure that this behaviour could be reproduced.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When posting comments on the shared design on the web, I would love to be able to use emoji and images in the comments similar to Slack or Dropbox.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When added images to the repeat grid from my CC Library, I'd like my selected images to have a number show the order I have selected them in. Since they will fill into my repeat grid in that order, I'd like to double check the order prior to dropping them over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. Exporting assets (like a row of buttons) as JPG turns the transparent space to white - it should change it to the artboards background colour (or even better, give the user the option to use the background colour or not)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see the default desktop prototype view as full browser width without the title/sign-in information at top similar to Sketch. This information could be hidden somewhere or yoou provide the option when creating initial link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you create an artboard and make responsive versions it would be a useful feature when you could connect the different screen sizes of that artboard (desktop, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, mobile) and than show buttons in the preview window to switch between this screen sizes.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows 10, Wacom Intuos 4 (a pretty common setup for designers) and XD doesn't seem to work at all!

I was excited to install XD and try it out on a project. I can't select anything, place anything, basically nothing works.

This is unlike the launch version of Dimension which pretty much all works with a user's or studio's standard Adobe based computer setup.

I've seen comments about this since January 2017, still nothing?

What computer and interface setup are you targeting exactly?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The new grid feature is great for basic layout stuff! Would be awesome to be able to customize grids with custom width for specific columns.

For example, it would be cool to be able to create say a 2-column layout with one 2/3rds column, one 1/3 column, and a defined gutter.

Also the ability to define whether or not there is a gutter on the outside of the grid system as a whole or not...an example of this is a situation where you had, say, a content wrapper with 30px padding inside the left/right edges.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)