Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support sound/audio

What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet _ALWAYS_ exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Align to key object

One of the most convenient alignment features in illustrator is the 'align to key object', which Sketch doesn't support, making it difficult to align objects quickly. Please add that feature for XD.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show overall total width/height of multi-selected objects

Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Numeric Stepper for Property Inspector values

Arrow buttons for each text input to increase/decrease values with mouse click as any other design software.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color Blindness Compliance/WCAG Accessibility Tools

I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

6. Inner and Outer Glow

there is 'shadow' but that is only for the bottom of any object. please add outer/inner glow.
    otherwise- everything is amazing.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to replace/update image files

I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dynamic link with other CC file formats - edit in Photoshop/Illustrator auto-updates in XD

It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

425 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Design focus oriented UI

On many household electronics objects, the User Interface (UI) is Focus oriented: the user move a focus with buttons to select and validate an UI object. For example on TV UI like Apple tvOS, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, connected TV, etc., or on Waterproof objects like the Pebble Watch, or on very small and low-cost products like many connected objects (IOT).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wacom Tablet issues on Mac

It is very easy to navigate the Xd interface with a magic mouse or touch pad however when I am working with my Wacom (which is often) I loose some of the functionality such as zooming and being able to move around the interface with a 'hand' tool option 'H' like in Illustrator and Photoshop. If one of the artboard falls off the screen/interface, I am unable to simply drag the view to accomodate the artboard. If I am using the Wacom I have to go to the magnification setting in the upper left hand of the interface which is…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Wacom tablet on Windows only is considered a pen experience, which is not yet supported on the canvas. You should be able to select the tools along the side and interact with XD in the property inspector. We’re working on that particular experience.

However, I’d like to keep this open to be able to talk about what specific issues Mac users are experiencing. Please do add these in the comments!

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. Highlight/show in Design view the current artboard displayed in Preview window

PainPoint:

As you design more and more complex prototypes it gets really easy to forget where the Artboard is for the part of the flow you are at in the Design Previewer

Solution:
    Highlight which Artboard it currently showing in the previewer so that you can make changes faster.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Predefined color books / libraries

Would love access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.

----
    (Original request: Just trying out the new Adobe Experience Design application and not to thrilled about the mac color picker. Would love to see the photoshop or illustrator color picker, color swatches and access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Responsive preview: automatically display artboard of correct size

Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scroll to Anchor Link Target

The anchor link that target the specific part of the page. This is the significant user experience on web usability where user can "back to top" or can navigate (i.e. from menu bar) to the specific sessions without the need to scroll through entire pages.

2,915 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  381 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Adobe Xd actually about 'Experience' Design & not just 'Interface' Design

UX means more then UI—we already have a lot of useful tools when it comes to interface design, what we are missing is a UX focused tool that brings together more of the subtle aspects of experience design.

From some basic research I undertook with other UX professionals, some of the common features they would like to see/require in an 'Experience' design tools would include (but not be limited to :) );

- The ability to start with Feature list and grow this into a UI
    - The ability to recognise common features on views and add in automatically
    -…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export: PNG 8 and PNG8 with alpha channel

Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Generator-like functionality - export many assets in a batch, auto update later

It'd be really handy to be able to output completely app-ready assets through a sort of PS generator-like functionality.

Although it is possible to manage all of your assets in Photoshop, XD would seem to me to be a much more logical place to control and ultimately output them.

e.g:

First of all when you create a document you are more or less defining the platform that the app is for, so you already know what type of output that is needed, or it could be defined at export time.

If you need to export for an Android application (for…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When resizing (or editing text), automatically shift neighboring items to maintain same distance

Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Google Maps

support for Google Maps

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML

It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

2,571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  300 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base