Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Sometimes the feedback I receive contain bullet points, but when bullet points are copied and pasted into the comment section the styling drops out. It would be a helpful addition to the prototype feedback feature.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes I open files just to copy assets to another file, and move things around. I don't undo that coz sometimes I move stuff without even being aware. But when I close XD it doesn't even ask if I want to save changes. It automatically saves changes I didn't intend to save. It's very frustrating. Please give option to disable automatic save. If it automatically saves a copy on crash it's understandable, but this saves the main file. All unintended changes get saved.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please could you put Submissions on the Opening Screen. I would like a quick link to see other peoples work?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you copy text from a website, mimic the CSS too

When designing changes to existing websites, it would be amazing to be able to copy/paste text in and have it be the same size/colour as it was on the site.

I realise this might need a browser extension or something, but if you go down that route then actually being able to copy all kinds of elements from an existing website would be game changing.

An alternative to the extension on a live website route, would be saving a website and opening it in XD in an "import mode"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The current XD version offers limited options on how to set up the grid system. I would be great if you could include two additional options that are available in other apps including Illustrator.
    1. Subdivisions
    2. Grid in back

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 合成フォントを設定できるようにしたい。

Illustratorのような細かい設定はできなくてもいいが、日本語・欧文のフォント設定を分けたいので、合成フォント設定ができるようになると嬉しい。

I want to be able to set a synthesized font.
    Although it is not necessary to set fine settings like Illustrator, I'd like to separate font settings between Japanese and European texts, so it would be nice to be able to set composite fonts.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    • Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just like most adobe tools, it's possible to customize your work space, would be great to have that in XD.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Columns exist but rows would be useful for app screens and display units.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please provide the ability to design VR applications and prototype them in such a way that the user or the developer will be able to understand the VR application design concept laid out before them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm not what most would consider a Pro user but I've always loved and supported Adobe's application integration (the 'edit with' submenu, smart object, linked item, etc.) So maybe a nice implementation with the eventual integrations with 'send to Muse', or 'convert to Illustrator artboards', etc. might be:

Upon importing an asset or making a symbol, since these may be simply placeholders for actual assets, would be to have the ability to give them a definition of 'type'. This could be a variety of things but if you're prototyping a spot for a carousel but the content isn't yet made…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I really think it would be much better to control the artboard order in the artboard section of the interface. A published prototype is viewed in the order of how artboards are placed in the workspace and the order goes from left to right and then top to bottom. I think regardless of their position the order should be arrange from the panel just like other adobe programs

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I make a symbol out of an object, I should be able to lock certain size properties. For an example, if I have a standard button saved as a symbol, instances of that button should have always the same height but with variable widths. In that case, I would lock the height attribute of that button so on resize only the width is changed.

This can help with complex symbols too where some dimensions cannot be changed or the symbol will be distorted so the designer could lock all of them to ensure that future use does not distort…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    • For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

18. Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If a link update has been made by a designer to the Design Spec a slack notification automatically gets sent to a channel/user within slack with the link and the changes that have been made. e.g new artboards added etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)