Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. movie clip

I referring something like Adobe flash, where you can create a movie clip (animation component, eg: loading bar) I planning to have loading bar first before to have the content appear. For example the result page design. But it will be too much work to create so many frames/screens just to animate the loading bar. It work be nice, the loading bar is created like a movie clip or animation component, and can be use any of the frames/screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See status hover in developer handoff

In my prototype I maked a button blue as default and red as hover and I animated it, so I can see this button working in preview mode when mouse hover. But, when I share the prototype as developer mode the developer can't see status hover (red) only default (blue).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click

Have the possibility to "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click.

I'm working on a file with 60+ artboards, with lots of components and subcomponents. Sometimes the instances of my components don't update automatically when I edit the main state, so I have to do it manually for each one of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drag and Drop Files into Xds File-System

I just downloaded the Apple Files for iOS and wanted to upload them into Xds Cloud Space so I can use them whenever I want. It seems I can't drag anything into the cloud-document area. Same when I use the Creative Cloud App. I can create folders like crazy but no way to add files via Drag and Drop. Am I missing something here?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ensure component states are supported by XD development API

I'm using a platform, called Zeroheight, to create my company design system. It has a plugin that integrates with Adobe XD.
    I'm trying to display, on my design system, all the components states and be able to interact with them on the platform.
    I was informed by the support team of zeroheight that the adobe XD API doesn't support states and for that reason, they can't have access to components states.

This would really add value to my work! Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search for shared documents in the cloud

When I type in my search, I only find results in my own documents, but not in the ones that were shared with me.
    Please make it possible to search in those files. It's really annoying when you work in a team and have to scroll endlessly to find the file from your colleague.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add and change Shadows between Component States

When I create buttons in Xd, I want to save them as a component, add a hover state to it and add a shadow so it looks lifted. Right now Xd only supports changing color, outline and maybe size but managing shadows is not possible. Please add!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to link nested components to other components

The ability to have a component (nested or non nested) link to another components state. Currently components only show states in which they can be linked to that are directly part of that component and it's states or artboards but I have found numerous occasions where it would be helpful to have those options but link to another components state within a component. Having to create unnecessary invisible hotspots on the outer component is tedious and seems like it could be much easier to have children states of another component available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Plugin to export to WordPress

I hope to find a plugin that allows me to export my complete web design from XD to WordPress with all prototypes and effects in minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When rolling over a group and seeing it highlighted, you should be able to select that specific group, not the parent

When you rollover a group and XD shows you the highlight for that group, clicking once should allow you to select it! This is behavior that is common in Figma/Sketch. Instead, it always selects the top most parent group.

This is really slowing down my workflow. In the attached video you'll see this in action. Toward the end I Command click but that only select the individual layer. (Even that feature is wonky sometimes). Selecting things in general since I've switched to XD has been the biggest pain and very time consuming for my workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pin comments to scrollable area

When working with scrollable areas in your prototype, you can't use pinned comments, because they ignore the scroll position of the area. So it's not clear where the pinned comment was intended to be.

What I would expect:

Pinned comments can be placed in a scrollable area and when they do, they scroll along with the area (and can be outside the viewport)

This way, I can easily collect feedback on the content inside a scrollable area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export responsive SVG

I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Building a themeable project

Create and change the theme easyless.
    Like :
    Pass all the project in dark mode.
    Or,
    pass Only this component in "Market theme" (promotion, ...)

Switch the theme by component or page (when this is build before)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selecting the artboard in layers panel when it's already selected should not zoom to fit

PROBLEM:
    Sometimes my artboard collapses out of nowhere so I have to double click the artboard name to open it back up to see the layers again. But when I do that, XD zooms me out to see the entire artboard. So I have to zoom back in to find the section I was working on again.

SOLUTION:
    If the artboard you're opening is the one that's already in view, don't perform any zooming actions. (I understand that this feature is to help you find artboards when you need to, but it doesn't help when you're already on it)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link multiple flows together with annotations (scenes)

Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple flows in developer specs

one missing feature in many prototyping app is the ability to show screenflows. which Overflo is doing very well.
    Can XD support multiple flows to be exported into same development link so it is easy to refer to how screens are all connected together?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blush illustration plugin

please include a plugin for blush illustration, for design resources

https://blush.design/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide Overflow Options within Groups

(In Design Mode) I was trying to create a screen to simulate a sliding modal that goes off the screen. I moved the modal group within my container group half-outside the bounds of my container group, and wanted the overflow to be hidden. But there is no option, so I had to create a white square, without borders and place it near the bounds of my main group, above the overflow portion of the modal group.

Please tell me there's an easier way to hide the overflow of objects when they are outside the bounds of the parent group. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are a couple of ways for you to do this. First, you can create a mask group to clip at a certain boundary:
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1303477916139839489?s=20

Mask groups can be auto-animated.

Alternatively, you can set your group to turn on scroll groups, which would also clip to a prescribed boundary. You can learn more about that feature here: https://youtu.be/UV4YKibuCKg

Please do let us know if this resolves your question, or if you’re trying to accomplish something else.

19. Transparent background prototype recording

I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Illustrations

Want some personalized illustrations set by Adobe rather than others

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base