Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integration of Tableau app visualizations

It would be nice to be able to integrate a link handoff to the mobile tableau app to be able to view fully interactive visualizations.

What this would look like is if someone is viewing the xd app on a mobile device, an icon or text link would prompt the tableau app to open and display a visualization..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export XD artboard to Photoshop as smart object

I would be great to have a option to export selected artboard/s to Photoshop as smart objects. Just like Vector Smart Object from Illustrator.

Currently copying and pasting XD artboard in Ps makes it as flat image.

This could be useful for making advanced device mockups, we could make changes inside XD and it will automatically update in Ps. Or just show popup with choice "Smart object / Flatten image".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voice person: Amy, Joanna, etc

Hello, I notied that my voices in XD changed. I had a list of 3 including amy. it went to about 7, no more Amy, no others like Joanna. The problem is that now my prototype has different voices and unless i rebuild from scratch i can't change Amy to Joanna or vice versa. Anybody come across this? any solves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list of available voices are dependent on your system locale, as some of them have regional accents. To go back to your original set, you can change your region from “United States” to “Great Britain” in your Windows settings, then restart XD. You should see your original set of 3 at that point. Hope that helps!

4. Component states in the Touch Bar

Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto trim artboard

Trim the height of the artboard by double clicking on the bottom handle (similar to the way we can now trim text area boxes to the height of the content by double clicking the bottom handle)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rotate and Resize are too close when touching a shape-corner

When I touch a corner the spot for rotate and resize are so close that when my mouse lags just a mili second I rotate the whole element instead of scaling it. I would see some space between the area where the rotation-arrows appear so there is a better differentiation and a more robust use of both tools when selecting and scaling an object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Order of actions in 1 trigger

Once I press a button or touch, I want to get an animation to other artboard and a sound at the same time. For now if I do both, adobe xd preffers only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG of the basic core, mixed mode: soft, the color difference is derived from the picture. WIN10, which makes it impossible to use the mixin

BUG of the basic core, mixed mode: soft, the color difference is derived from the picture. WIN10, which makes it impossible to use the mixing tool to make the desired pictures

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Retain angle and position of gradient in color asset

When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Repeat duplicate including distance

I would like to drag an object holding down option to duplicate it and having CMD-D (duplicate) repeat the duplication with the previously used distance.

ALT-Drag from A to B -> CMD-D (uses the distance between A and B)

This would help so much. Sketch and Figma already have this behaviour. I think even Illustrator has it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Miro plug-in

Miro plug-in. Automatically update mocks on Miro to share with teammates. Sketch does this and its sooooo helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Preserve font family when letter spacing is enabled on mobile previews (local and cloud)

When either in live preview (connected to a Mac) or in the cloud documents prototype preview on the iOS app, certain font weights w/ letter spacing stop rendering w/ the selected font family and instead default to some sort of system font. This makes presenting and demoing things in a finished styled state difficult, especially if the default font adjusts line breaks/spacing, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Forced Cloud Documents

Is there a setting in XD new version 29.0.23.13 or a preference to make Documents save by default locally. We work in a company where I'm not allowed to save company documents to Adobe's cloud. When I create a new document, it shows a little cloud icon in the title by default and now I need to manually re-save all documents back to local and then go to the cloud and deleted it there. This is so much additional work just to save a file? Why did Adobe force users to use this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WACG Accessibility plugin

A plugin to test our designs for all accessibility measures. Like in Sketch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto Create Pattern Library (Design Library, Asset Library or Element Library)

It would be really handy to have a feature where you could go File > Create > Pattern Library

Then the whole file you have open would then be used to create a Library for the project

It would out put a new file with the following:

• one art board with all the font stylings listed out

• Colours

• all assets to export on an artboard

• art board with all the desktop components

• art board with all the mobile components - and have these linked back to previous file you worked from

This way then you can refine all you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Arrange and Re-arrange plugins

It would be nice to be able to arrange and Re-arrange the downloaded plugins in the dashboard. For example when i am specifically working on importing and exporting asset properties for Flutter or other code generator if i cud arrange all of my Flutter plugins in a row one by one that would be helpful for work flow. or if i would like to arrange my plugins by swatches and palettes, content generator ,code generator etc. would help speed up workflow. would be nice to tag and filter as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Plugin to replace Artboard font

The idea is to give designers the ability to change entire Font family on a dashboard to a different font while maintaining its typeface/font weight. I previously purchased a UI with dozens of dashboards which have different font from our client's font choice. Its a pain going through all individual fonts on each dashboard trying to change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. close preview window keyboard command

I'm sure you used to be able to close the preview window with CMD+W now this is not possible, can you please reinstate that? (Mac Catalina) Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bulk delete linked components

Why is not possible to select group of linked components and delete them from project? Why this is only possible individually? I’m enclosing image.

In general the management of components is quite week and not user friendly. I can link all components from others projects, but then I cannot unlink them or manage them at all... Good idea, but functionality is not quite finished .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base