Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep Componet's Layers open, while switching between States

Hey,

when one has lots of States in component, then it's really frustrating, that the Component Group in Layer Panel just keeps closing, when I change the State. Would be really a great help if it is open all the time, unless I close it on my own...

Plus it would be also a great Help, if I select some element inside of a component group (like in the video at the end -> close icon) and in properties panel I would have the following info -> name of Master Component and in what State I am working now. Coz…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easily Swap Masked Images directly within XD, not just from Finder

I really would like to have an ability to swap images inside already created masks... especially it's important when one works with components.
    The only way is to drag files from finder. (like in the attached video)... I wish I could do this with assets I already have in XD.
    The only way around it at the moment is to create shape and mask image from the very beginning... From this moment on, if I want to swap image, I have to cut it from outside mask and paste into the mask... and then to delete the old image under…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. text override on component states carried over

When creating a new state of a button - if you already have multiples of that component, the new state doesnt keep the text overrides for the new components. It would be nice if you could keep that text change throughout.
    i.e.
    If Default State has text layer named "label" with a text override
    every other state keeps the text override on the text layer named "label".

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hover Inside Hover

hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fontello icon library

It would be nice to have our own icon library from Fontello icons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert sketch library state recognition

In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Library Component Overrides

In Sketch, when you have a library component, you can easily override the color and text in the side panel.

for example, I will use a button. In XD, if I create a button in a library and use the symbol in one of my files, in order to change the text of the button i have to edit the symbol instance. If I want the background of the button to be a different color, I once again have to edit the symbol instance. If I then make updates to the button (say, different corner rounding) in the library and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stretch grid/columns like in Figma

In Figma I can set margins and gutters and then let the columns stretch over whatever the remaining amount of pixels is. Super easy to work with. Would be a great feature to add to XD :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can actually already do this – just set your margins and gutters in layout grid, and the columns will recalculate. The only caveat is that our columns are pixel-snapped, which means that you can’t have fractional columns. (Instead, we’ll add the remainder to the margin.) Given this information, can you clarify what you’d like changed about the existing layout grid system?

14. Revert Adobe CC Library Panel to previous UI

I wanted to cry when this new CC Library feature came out. It's UNUSABLE.

I can no longer move it outside of the boundaries of the app - which means it is ALWAYS covering something else up or taking up space in my workspace. I certainly cannot keep it outside of the app UI or god-forbid move it to my other monitor!

The color boxes are HUGE and take up so much space!!!!!!! The previous UI had nice small color boxes, so I could actually get to my icons (i.e. "graphics") quickly instead of having to scroll three times to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integration with Azure DevOps

Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Archive prototypes

I have a ton of prototypes. In addition to adding folders (covered in other requests) I would like the ability to archive old prototypes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Marquee select across groups

I'm surprised this isn't a feature already, but marquee-select (click and drag) to select multiple layers regardless of what group they are in. At present doing so will select standalone layers and whole groups, meaning I need to de-group first to then do what I want, or leave grouping until the last possible moment in a design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Naming a component according to the state name

I like the new feature for components, which able us to give different states for a component. However, I think a thing is missing.

In the design system I'm making for my company, we agreed with the developers about a naming system for icons and illustrations, for example : ic_eye_blue_nobg.
    But with this new feature, if a give a state to my "eye" icon, like red instead of blue on hover, I give the right name to the state, but the name of my component will be always the default state (ic_eye_blue_nobg instead of ic_eye_red_nobg). And when the developers download…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base