Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arrange and Re-arrange plugins

It would be nice to be able to arrange and Re-arrange the downloaded plugins in the dashboard. For example when i am specifically working on importing and exporting asset properties for Flutter or other code generator if i cud arrange all of my Flutter plugins in a row one by one that would be helpful for work flow. or if i would like to arrange my plugins by swatches and palettes, content generator ,code generator etc. would help speed up workflow. would be nice to tag and filter as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plugin to replace Artboard font

The idea is to give designers the ability to change entire Font family on a dashboard to a different font while maintaining its typeface/font weight. I previously purchased a UI with dozens of dashboards which have different font from our client's font choice. Its a pain going through all individual fonts on each dashboard trying to change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. close preview window keyboard command

I'm sure you used to be able to close the preview window with CMD+W now this is not possible, can you please reinstate that? (Mac Catalina) Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bulk delete linked components

Why is not possible to select group of linked components and delete them from project? Why this is only possible individually? I’m enclosing image.

In general the management of components is quite week and not user friendly. I can link all components from others projects, but then I cannot unlink them or manage them at all... Good idea, but functionality is not quite finished .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Components + Content aware layout, Bug with text box

I attached a video. Bug with text box, why link disappear if text box id expanded.

In some case i have more then 1 row, i lose flexibility under components and layout

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Artboard History

A list of all / last 50 changes done on an artboard.
    Sometimes it becomes a tedious task to undo a few changes on a particular artboard after working on other artboards. This feature will cater to the need of artboard specific action list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Xd Prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Select Contained" like Axure.

Add "Select Contained" like Axure. I don't like Select Intersected. I spend too much time selecting things I have not choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Convert Paths to Images

I sometimes Illustrate directly in Adobe XD, please allow us to Rasterize or Select which Paths should be downloable for developers. I spent too much time manually exporting paths

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Snap to vector points

I am looking for a feature to snap objects to already existing geometry. So for example I have an existing line and want to draw a rectangle, which starts exactly at one endpoint and ends (with one side) at the other endpoint of the line (like object snap in AutoCAD for example or like the behaviour in Sketchup).

For the moment I would be fine with snaping to endpoints, more advanced it would be great to have "variable" snapping to edges/lines as well.

This would allow for more accurate and faster designs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alignment change - press align center a second time whilst have multiple objects selected to have them align to the center of an artboard

Every time I use XD I select multiple items on any given artboard and expect - when I click align center - to have them align with the center of the artboard. I can understand why you have set it to one object and and group only but if you pressed the align button a second time whilst having multiple items selected, this creates a lovely power user interaction. Saving a lot of alignment hassle (aligning multiple items together then grouping them then aligning them again).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change colors of selected objects

I would love to select a group of items, see a list of the used colors, manipulate them and be done.

It would help me to quickly change multiple objects colors and save a lot of time in comparison to sketch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy component between files without linking, or unlink without ungrouping component, so that states are not lost

Currently when you copy a component from one file to another it is a linked component. If you unlink the component, not only is it unlinked, but it is also ungrouped and no longer a component at all. Any additional states you had set up are lost.

Sometimes I don't want to use linked master components from a design system but just want to create a new local master component, similar to one in another file but then make some changes. I'd like to just copy the component over, with all it's states, not linked and make my tweaks to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using Background Blur and Shadow at the same time

Description of the feature

Use shadows and background blur on an object at the same time. Right now it seems the bg-blur blurs also the shadow? It gets muted down to 10% or something, I can barely see the shadow anymore.

Why this is valuable to you

This is important for iOS apps since translucency is key in iOS.

If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll assets panel with arrow keys

4) Permitir desplazarce en la lista de activos, con las flechas del teclado, porque cuando hay muchos componentes es muy lento hacerlo con el mouse.

4) Allow scrolling in the list of assets, with the arrows of the keyboard, because when there are many components it is very slow to do it with the mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy path to recent document

3) Opciones en archivos recién abiertos, donde permitan copiar la dirección de la ubicación del archivo o descubrirla en el explorador.

3) Options in newly opened files, where you can copy the address of the file location or discover it in the browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cycle through objects that are highlighted on canvas

2) Al Resaltar en Lienzo, debería hacer auto zoom, por lo menos en la mesa de trabajo donde se encuentra el objeto ya que entre tantos objetos, solo lo marca y no se aprecia donde se encuentra. Ademas seria ideal permitir cambiar el color de marcación para resaltarlo.

2) When Highlighting on Canvas, you should auto zoom, at least on the artboard where the object is located since among so many objects, it only marks it and it is not appreciated where it is. Also it would be ideal to allow to change the marking color to highlight it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UBICAR ACTIVO EN EL LIENZO

1) A medida que en la lista de Activos me desplazo, seleccionar automáticamente el componente en el lienzo.

Así se ubica más rápido entre tantos elementos.

Ya que actualmente lo marca pero no lo ubica, se hace muy difícil ubicarlo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat or voice call on coedited documents

chat or voice call is required inside XD, if multiple designers are working in single XD file.

right now, we are 3 designers are working in a single xd file.. it's for a hackathone and for discussing we are using other tools. it will be great if you can add a chat feature to co designer or voice support. Since all are working from home :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to blur every element

It would be great to have an option to blur every object we need, not only shapes and images, but also whole groups, masks and components. Give us some flexibility! Every project is different for god sake!

I saw some requests according blur option, but we should be able to apply it to every object

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base