Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cookie message is too big, and cumbersome to use

Add a close button to the cookie message, or other quick way to hide it.

The cookie message blocks parts of the UI, and there is no save button when you choose options. It seems designed to get you to accept all cookies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply with Pins

When there is a comment set with a pin, it would be nice to reply to the comment with another pin.

For example, a client wants a call to action changed to be more visible. Then I suggest connecting it to a different call to action in another location.

As of now, if I want to reply to their comment with my suggestion, I have to describe the location to which I'm referring.

If I could reply with a Pin, they would see where I'm referring to right away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy and paste into illustrator from Adobe Xd

Please bring back this feature. Copying XD vector content to the clipboard and then paste it as fully editable layers into Adobe Illustrator was a super powerful and useful feature.

Sometimes I need to export elements that were created on Xd to illustrator for print or social media, and every time I do this, I have to use the CC libraries now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stories by Freepik (Illustrations)

Stories by freepik is one of the best free illustrations resource out there. We can change the colour theme and animate directly in a few clicks.

Will be definitely helpful as a plugin for XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select same for group to merge to component

In certain apps such as VS Code, you can select a specific string, then press Ctrl+D, I think, and each time you press that shortcut the selection 'expands' to include one more of the potentially multiple instances of that specific string into a highlighted, select-state. You can keep pressing until all instances are selected, it tends to expand starting with the nearest, working outwards from that point in the document, to eventually include all insances.

Typically, then people would use the multi-cursor feature to replace the multiple selections of the same string with another string, or paste one from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Annotate constraints for developers

Having the ability to export constraints applied to artboards

I would like to know if it is possible to export constraints applied to assets/artwork within an XD project, this would help devs with positioning of specific items.
    I’m aware that there are HTML and CSS export options and plugins, but would like to know if it is at all possible retrieve constraint information to pass on to developers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the clarification! At the moment, you can annotate using comments and turn on the layout grid. If you’re interested in annotation, I can merge this with an existing request we have open.

8. Export from XD to AE in HD

The main reason I decided to use XD was to be able to export easily to AE to animate and we should be able to choose between 1x, 2x or 3x resolution when exporting so we can create HD animation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full screen to be real full screen

Guys, I can't understand why shared xd link shows such a small window with designed website. It's fine with width but height? It doesn't make sense to crop the height. It looks silly on bigger screens and it's not natural. Browsing pages we got full height view, not small window in the center. Please consider changing the preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like you might have set the viewport to that location, so you might want to check to see if it’s set correctly. We will show the content of your designs at 100% and will not zoom in unless you select “zoom to fit” in the shared prototype zoom selector.

10. Download different instances of master component from Share link's Assets collection

Often times developers will ask me for different colours on icons, then I have to make those changes and add a copy of the component in that new colour onto the canvas of the design system XD link I set up.

I'd suggested they use SVG's but to no avail.

Can you please make the instances of a component downloadable. Maybe have a check option in the Share panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More options for export size (allow 2x, 3x, 10x, 0.5x, etc.)

Why are the export options so limited? Not only do you only seem to offer 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x, but you also go out of your way to show, but disable the scaling dropdown menu. Why?

It would be great if you would allow users to export any scaling multiple they wish. 2x, 3x, 10x, 0.5x, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A plugin to import excel sheet into XD

this plugin allow the designer to import an excel sheet and the plugin will convert it to an editable thing in XD.
    also, I can change table colors, font, font size, etc. and after that, it will be applied to the design

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sharing for development

when i share my design for "development", the developer is able to navigate through the prototype, able to comment, and able to download assets and take code snippets, which is super awesome, BUT the issue is when you go to "specss" to download assets and take the text etc, developers goe to default state of the design, ignoring the prototype, and by that the developer can't take all the assets, only the ones in the default page of the design.

when i am using your wicked prototype capabilities, stats and all that, i lose all of that, all the efforts…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    When you toggle to “Specs” mode on some artboard, then the same artboard context is preserved for developers to inspect and extract assets and other information out of it. Is that not what you are seeing?

Can you clarify, what did you mean by “resetting to default design screen”?

If you can share a small video recording showcasing this problem, that would be helpful for us to pin point the issue you are facing.

Thanks!
    Arun

14. Low-code / No-code modules

Although Adobe XD is a awesome prototyping tool, it could be so much more. In the dev community Low-code /No-code solutions is the big next thing in rapid application development. Currently, almost all existing solutions require very expensive subscription models and enforce vendor-locking. Therefore they are of no value to the European market with smaler companies and tight budgets. It would be awesome if there where (payed) modules to compile an Adobe XD prototype as a finished products which could be installed on all major devices, without requiring an expensive subscription hosting platforms. Let us choose the output technologies like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to turn a Flow into a Component

We often have to design complicated components and in the end find out that we are unable to accomplish what we set up to accomplish without having to create multiple art boards. However, if we can take a collection of art boards, or a certain Flow, and turn that into a component, that'll be amazing!

Editing the Flow would update the component.

Art boards have the big advantage of seeing all your states together which will speed up the build. In the current implementation we have to click through all the states to see if they have updated correctly and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. From the Dev link, there should be a way for the designer to open the XD file

I encounter this problem pretty often: when I send someone a dev link, and they ask me to add an asset/component to it to download, I cannot access the XD design file through the dev link. I'd like there to be a link to open the XD file on my computer via the dev link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Design Team Analytics

I wish XD would follow Invision's lead in providing analytics about how many prototypes we have, how often they're being updated, how many comments they have, how many collaborators there are, who is creating prototypes, how many screens are in each prototype, when they were last updated, etc.

I've attached a screenshot to show how DOMO is using the prototype analytics data they are receiving from Invision.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import Icomoon icon libraries

Import Icomoon icon libraries. Using an account authentication, allow XD users to import their respective icomoon collections as components in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. An Easier way to use Guides

I would love to have a way to create guides for a certain artboard in my project and then be able to save it with a name, to be pulled up for later use on another artboard. This way I could have a master set of guides to begin with for each type of screen, and be able to modify it as I work, then be able to pull the original guides up for the next one. Adobe is great!! Keep making it better!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cycle through tagged artboards

When designing a feature, it is many times necessary to jump around the canvas from one art board to another. Many times those boards are physically far away in the canvas, requiring tedious zooming up and down to locate and view them.

Now, it would be really nice if one could leave placeholder tags around the canvas in those places that are relevant for the feature you are now working on. Then, using some kb command (like Alt + Q, like in Quick), you could cycle the current view between those canvas places, keeping the same zoom level.

Alt +…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base