Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Components could have a setting 'remember last state between artboards'. This would allow prototypes with menu's that remain consistent between artboards, toggle buttons, etc, without having to make copies of all artboards for those features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, I have to name flows twice, once on the artboard and once on the link settings. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After reading this:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-selected-artboards.html#modification-of-existing-wiring

It's blindingly obvious that the way single artboards are shared is flawed and creates more work than it saves.
    If I have a fully prototyped document but I want to share a single artboard from it, this involves either splitting it from the document or duplicating the artboard in question and manually removing the unnecessary interactions.

Either way, it's more work than it should be while it also creates issues with consistency across designs and having a single source of truth. Using components, in this case, doesn't help as if there are any interactions in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello,
    it'll be nice to have more hover states in one component.
    Currently i'm working on horizontal mega-menu and it's impossible to prototype mega menu appear on hover. I think i will need to use Tap for now - because when i'm creating two hover states - one doesn't work after another - only when i leave the component and hover it again. So i believe it shuold effect inner hover area also.

Another interesting fueature will be of changing of z-index on hover - it'll make life much easier. For now - i have no idea how to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we develop a feature to make the comment section bigger? Our copywriters want to have a larger text input field so it is easier for them to write longer copy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe XD. That is:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. --- Feature Title ---
    Allow collaborators on an XD document to view share URLs

--- Why this is valuable ---
    Designers collaborating on a document might be working in different timezones, which means that the owner may not be always available to supply the share URL. In such scenario, anyone collaborating on a document should be privy to this information instead of having to wait around for the owner of the document to be available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  14. The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after — is an arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. Please implement the ability to turn off the abuse (like you do with InDesign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

16. macOS has a feature whereby when you close an app you can choose to "Quit and Keep Windows" if you hold down Alt + Cmd + Q. This makes it quicker and easier to resume working on multiple files.

Currently, Adobe XD doesn't appear to support this feature, as it ignores this command even though the application UI includes it. (Click the XD menu and hold down Alt).

Note: the default preference for this behavior is controlled in macOS System Preferences, under General > Close windows when quitting an app. So if you have this unchecked, the Alt + Cmd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a user, In adobeXD Hyperlink will also work on exporting artboard into pdf formate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1) Similar to the Asset Export window in Adobe illustrator
    2) Easy to Select All / Deselect All
    3) Easy to rename (each asset individually) and format (add prefix/suffix and replace text of multiple assets)
    4) Select multiple export formats at once: PNG+SVG+WEBP+etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be incredibly helpful to expose some of the Export dialogue options for non-designer team members.

1. Allow free, and authorized users to browse an Adobe XD Library (specifically components and component states)
    2. Give users the ability to export Library components/assets from the web with tools similar to the "Asset Export" panel in Adobe Illustrator.
    3. Right now the tools on the Library website are incredibly clunky and not user-friendly. They are not designed for presentation and browsing, and it is hard to see details in the images in the “Share” link export.

Thank you.

It would be a huge workflow relief…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)