Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shadow in Hover Effect / multiple states

There are only few options in multiple or hover states. My request to add Shadows or other blending option in this multiple state. Thanks in Advance, keep the good work going :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase zoom range for Design Specs

The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timed interactions between states

Add timer trigger to interaction easy simulation of non permanent states like: saving, erasing, exporting...

Thank's

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Detach/float the layer panel

I want to be able to undock the layer manager from the main Adobe XD window like in Photoshop etc. That way i can have Adobe XD on one monitor and the layer manager on the other one.
    This would increase the productivity by a lot, because you dont have to switch between the components and layers, but can have them both open at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Synchronization bug

I have 2 computers. On the 1st I saved XD file as a file on my hard drive (not as a cloud document) in the folder that is syncronized. The file was uploaded, because I can see it on assets.adobe.com.
    On the 2nd computer I have also synchronization folder, so these folders on both computers should be equal.
    BUT on the 2nd computer I don't see this file. Even though Creative Cloud Desktop on both computers shows that synchronization complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export Video placed within the Device it was made for

After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select artboard based on orientation & "screen size"

So, say I have 2 artboards. 1 for Portrait mode, one for Landscape mode. In preview - presentation, I rotate my device and... drum roll.... cold sweat.

Technically what I would love is to be able to group artboards under a name and have a field with each artboard where I can put some format or format identifier. Then I want XD in preview to select the best format (or give me a dropdown so I can do that)

Romantically I'd love to have a storyboard. Each step can have multiple artboards that represent different screen sizes. When I

Preview…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Windows] Allow CC Libraries Panel to be moved outside the Workspace, like it did before

The functionality added to libraries with groups is awesome! But why did you decide it was better to trap the panel within the bounds of the window? Now it's constantly in the way... I can't dock it and I can't move it outside the workspace... like I can with every other Adobe development software. I can't even adjust the size to see more or less assets at a time so it takes up less space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expand Component palette in XD UI

Now that we are all loving the ability to add States to Components... My "component" box in the upper right is getting busy, and I'm having to scroll constantly! It looks like we have plenty of vertical space in the XD UI to allow this area to expand... either as needed (to a certain point of course!), or allow the user to drag this palette longer, similar to other CC apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy text from Sketch & Paste in XD

Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import XD Assets into InDesign

Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow options to default color names in Assets to RGB, HSL, etc

Now the colors in Assets are forced to have a hex code as the default name.

Please:

1. allow options to change default naming to RGB, HSL, or others.
    2. automatically convert the existing color names in the assets to the same type of color code, if they haven't been edited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Coediting Error 2143

Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New state feature doesn't sync when assets updated

I have a separated file for all assets and my actual project, so what I usually do is call the assets file from clouds (this is so my other team member able to use the same assets when they working on other pages).

So with the new state feature where I can add hover and other states to my buttons, I change some of my buttons in the master assets file (the one i save on clouds) and then I click update assets on my project file.

The default state is updated but not the other states (hover, inactive, etc..)…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Component States in repeat grid

Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create new Symbol from Existing Symbol (while preserving states)

I'm using the new convert sketch library in XD to import all the different libraries i have. While I appreciate the ability to add states, it has one major flaw.

I cannot create a new symbol from an existing symbol that already has the states i want in it.

A good example of this is my button system. See screenshot for how it exists in sketch now.

Basically i have 20 different types of buttons (this is an enterprise design system) each with 2 different sizes (big and small) and each of those button types comes in 5 states:

Default,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Component animations

It would be nice to create different states of an individual component that can be transitioned in sequence, to create an animation.

For example, if i want a button to pulse a glowing effect, I would create a component that looks like a button and then duplicate it and adjust it to look like a glowy button, and then link the two so that they transition back and forth into a loopable animation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base