Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't show elements outside artboards when selecting within the artboard

Big alements that are placed half outside (thus partly hidden) on an artboard and they become visible when selecting any element that's on that artboard.

This is very anoying and doesn' make sense.

For example:
    I have two artboard closely next to each other. They both have big elements half outside the artboard. Also on each artboard there's a menu header.
    Now, when I want to select the header menu on each page, one of the big elements prevents me to click on the menu header on the other artboard.

See example image:
    Header 2 is selected. But there is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plugin to convert to PSD

Hi there, I need a plugin which can convert xD files to editable psd(photoshop)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Intuitive Versioning (like Time Machine or with Onion-View)

I would like to have an effortless peak into past iterations of a design without too much hassle, pick elements and get back to the current state again. Maybe switching through states in a timeline, dive into the state, grab items that I want to recover and get back to the current state again.

This would help me gather items clients liked in past iterations and get them back in the current view.

It would be amazing to have this in a time-machine (Mac OS) or onion fashion or something else really intuitive and maybe even accessible over right-click on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. import MILANOTE assets

Preview and import MILANOTE assets, Its one and all interactive note-taking app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Always show guides, even when zoomed out

I have 10 rather large artboards in my workspace; and they all use guides; I just noticed that after a certain level of zooming out, all guides vanish, and only visible again after you zoom in again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cloud folder sync up for all users

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Mac] Open file dialog, make it possible to resize like the start screen

I have a lot of files saved in the cloud documents, yet the open file dialog is so tiny that it's difficult getting an overview of all the files.

Yet where the start screen is resizable, the open dialog is fixed.

Please let me resize the open file dialog as I see fit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Immediately apply changes to component which is inside of another component when changing master component

1. Why components inside of another component are not changing immediately?
      When I have component inside of a group and I change the master component, those components inside of a group are changing immediately. But when i convert the group to component, I have to right-click every component inside that component and apply changes.

Is there a way to at least apply those changes to whole document? Or why it is not changing immediately?

1. If I have hundreds of child components inside of another component I would have to right-click all of them to apply changes from master component.
      It would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Nucleoapp integration / plugin

Nucleoapp integration for Adobe XD will defiantly help in managing icons and quickly using them in our designs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the overlapping issue with adjacent components

Two adjacent buttons [components in this case] each with similar states (one hover and one dialog popup) are not behaving as per the expectation. When the pop up dialog state is active, the other button is overlapping onto the dialog. Check the video. This is a limitation. Creating a separate artboard and linking to it should not be the solution when you have components in place. I am unable to use two components with states adjacent to each other or one below the other.

Also, it would be nice to see a component with expanding state pushing the component below…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set language for font localization

Need to set language to the text field to use font localization and correct glyphs!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cmd+O should open local documents

WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove "unnamed" from font-family, font-size, character-spacing and text-transform design tokens until we are able to name them

The design variables list is filled with "unnamed" variables that we can't name. It creates an extra step for developers to clean up the list given to them after download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Connect multiple devices/Interactions across devices

I would like that Adobe XD supports communication between multiple devices. You are able to test not only interactions in individual devices, but also service scenarios featuring interactions among multiple devices by multiple users.

It is very helpful for HMI designers, Automotive industry.
    Currently, I see ProtoPie can do it. But I really wish that Adobe XD can do it too and have much better version than them.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYRYh1dKso
    https://www.protopie.io/solutions/automotive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Paste and import images into pasteboard instead of Artboard

From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, I did give you a workaround, and then asked you a question as to how you’d like it to work.

If you wanted XD to avoid visible artboards, what would you want it to do if you had a bunch of artboards in view? Would you want it to paste off screen? Or would you want it to resize to fit the pasteboard?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base