Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When I have a view with lots of template thumbnails, there is no way to grab the link of the template to view. Furthermore, it is just so natural and easy to have the standard "open in new tab" show up in the context menu when right clicking the template I wish to open. As it currently exists, I have to click in to the template after which I lose where I was in the view containing lots and lots of template thumbnails.

For context, I'm a developer and our designer shares a view containing all the mockups with me.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Since tga is a pretty common standard in Game Development, because of its capabilities of saving a seperated alpha channel. Just be able to export tga right from XD without the need of Photoshop would speed up my prozess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WCAG accessibility standards prescribe that animated elements that cannot be paused by the user and which run for more than 5s break the guidelines. You have a carousel in the startup screen - it'd be great if you followed the basic A requirement set out at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#pause-stop-hide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. With the current specifications, if the component file owner's account expires,
    There is no way to maintain a relationship with the shared instance file.
    The above is a big problem when handing over to a third party.

Create a component and an instance in the same document and
    You can save it locally, but
    It is not realistic because the data will be recreated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to be able to use a remote keyboard and/or a gamepad trigger on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Nowadays even a small smartphone can be used to present a project and these remote triggers would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I detailed the process in support : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/drag-transition-on-an-component-with-hover-state-inside-a-xy-scrollable-area-not-so-easy/td-p/12596044

a clear example of what's missing is attached
    (source here : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html)
    It is fine to drag a map. But drag interaction of an item snapped on the map won't work…

The idea is to be able to recreate drag/drop interaction inside draggable area.
    exactly like the way you move a pin on a map.
    pin has a :
    - initial status
    - hover status
    - (optional) in progress (during the move) status
    - released status

while the map remains draggable, and the pin location attached to the map as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we have a pin in the reply form field too please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why only one video play? When strolling on a video in the carousel, then strolling to the following video, in the carousel doesn't play! This feature is pointless. We have been waiting so long for this feature, and it only is limited, and we can't play multiple videos simultaneously. That is a big big problem.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 高速スクロール機能が欲しいです。

XDでのデザインは縦に長くなることが多いので作業を効率化するために高速スクロール機能が必要だと思います。
    Illustratorではshift+マウスホイールで縦に高速スクロールするので同じ機能がXDこそ必要だと思います。

• Auto translation: - Designs in XD are often vertically long, so I think you need a high-speed scrolling function to make your work more efficient. In Illustrator, shift + mouse wheel scrolls vertically at high speed, so I think that XD needs the same function.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご説明ありがとうございます! デザインプロセスではなくプレビューに焦点を合わせるように機能リクエストを調整しました。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

Thank you for your clarification! I've adjusted the feature request to focus on preview instead of during the design process.

11. If you have two things on a page that both have gradients in the background (see attached screenshot), the gradient for the first thing will be used on both. I did some testing and it looks like the ID on <linearGradient> and the fill="url(#linear-gradient)" on <rect> is the problem. If you change the "linear-gradient" on the second svg to "linear-gradient2", it fixes the problem.

Can you change the "Copy SVG Code" functionality to make that "linear-gradient" value unique, like you did with stuff like "Group16" and "Rectangle5"?

Example code:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alternating between pixels and percentages is a must. That's the only essential missing feature preventing a complete migration to a full Adobe workflow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What I ask is very simple: add an horizontal scroll bar to the layers panel, so I can scroll it without the need to resize and making my prototype working area even smaller than it already is. This is a very common aproach to IDEs on the folders panel, despite allowing resizing, they always have an horizontal scroll bar to help navigation on deep levels or small monitors.

This feature would be very appreciated for people with deep components hierarchy levels or smaller monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please , disable the "Grid View" feature reminder that pop EVERYTIME! you enter the shared mode area. - so annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would LOVE a way to distinguish if a component is a document asset vs a linked CC library asset and swap them quickly, both individually and in bulk. Let me explain my use case for you: I had a designer create some components and screens in a separate file (bc the cloud file kept crashing) and I thought there would be an easy way to merge the files later, but turns out, I've spent HOURS fixes this. I copied/pasted the local assets from her file into the library, then individually clicked "Edit Main Component" then had to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. XD is the tool of choice for me and my team but we are not able to pay for the tool, sometimes we are obliged to use other tools because the payment can’t go through and there are no resellers in the region

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. HELP !! Can you add supported asian scripts function to adobe XD, Because some of Thai text are wrong compose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I open multiple XD file and switch between them the live preview on the XD mobile app change according to the selected file.. so I need an option to just lock the preview to one xd file even I switch to another file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Love the ability to organize files and assets on adobe cloud servers. One improvement I'd love to see in regards to file organization is the ability to easily drag and drop files into folders, rather than having to select each individual file and then select the folder to move it to. ( specifically in Adobe XD "your files" tab )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)