Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently, you only have the option to edit paths if the Z-position is set to 0. As soon as you set the paths Z-position to anything greater than 0 you lose the ability to edit the paths, which is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to add animated GIF's to projects would make a big different to communicating certain aspects of designs with clients and developers. Please add this in! :)

This needs to be able to be displayed in preview as an animation (not just as a static frame of the animation)

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The october 2021 update brings a new export screen with fewer options. The one i'm missing is to set what resolution my project is.

Some projects I made in @2x but now, when I export it, XD assumes it is @1x, so everything is not exported properly.

Please, come back with the resolution option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the way your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You prototype in one gamepad controller, the prototype works in every gamepads

My struggle: I need to make the same prototype work with 4 different controllers: Xbox one, Xbox seres S, Ps4 and PS5 because I cannot ask the entire company to buy the same gamepad as mine.

I beg you guys.

Please make a gamepad map where you can do it only for one controller and it will work the same for all of them. There are only few buttons that differ from the others. Imagine me, working on a 100 pages prototype, need to set one single interaction…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sorry, if this has already been requested but I couldn't find it. I would love it if when I change the text of an existing text field, that the naming of it in layers automatically changes to reflect what I've typed. I tend to copy and paste text layers, holding option, to speed up my process but it keeps the name of the layer regardless of if I change the content of the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have a page that scrolls. The assets at the bottom cannot be viewed because the developer mode doesn't recognize the scroll. I scroll to the bottom, and then change to developer view and the assets I can select are still the same as before I scrolled, just invisible.

This is an issue for a developer team because they can't see the details of the buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Iconly - icons by Afshin
    Perfect icons developed by Afshin, need to be added to Adobe XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  11. In Adobe Muse, there was a on the left side, near the rulers, to pull up or push down all design elements under the handle. Was it called the "Vertical Move Handle" ?

Can Adobe XD integrate this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Font resize by Command + . wold resize space between lines and paragraph spacement (proportionaly).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think it would be easy to publish website using xd together with siter.io, because siter.io have similar features that XD have, I think it would be great idea or create similar features that Siter.io have (plugin) inside XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be useful to show the keyboard interactions whilst in 'Desktop Preview' mode. Just as a cursor is shown whilst recording, to indicate where a user has clicked to progress through a prototype, when keyboard actions or shortcuts are used to navigate it would great to have the option of displaying them on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Please make "Export for Screens" in Illustrator available in Adobe XD.

2. After I set all things done in illustrator and exported the file to XD, I found that the assets I set in illustrator had not been saved in XD. Could you add this feature to XD to make the software recognise the assets as "Mark for Export"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we have export for different screens sizes already available in our Export menu. I’ll convert this ticket to be about your second request.

16. Would be nice to add a custom message on the footer of shared links.
    Especially helpful when trying to add "Confidential" to each screen you share externally.

Could be a simple input field in the share panel, or even a global setting for the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need a simple way to add text to a container to avoid creating and grouping multiple objects. Double-click rectangle to add a text like it's done in PowerPoint. See the attached example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A plugin would be really helpful to have components like buttons, footers, headers etc and SAP Design language and icons to access them easily.

Those who have worked with SAP Design systems will know the pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow padding to work even if the background is a component. Currently, there's no easy way to have a component "shrinkwrap" around it's content, as you would commonly want with a card or panel.

Put another way, the limitations on https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html# specifically state: "Components ... cannot act as a background for a group or component." Please remove this limitation!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)