Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TV presets

I think the presets for TV devices are missing. Even if we can enter them manually, we need to do it every time and use some homemade component for security zone etc.

An idea should be to extend the preset device to TV screens (720p, 1080p, HD, 4K, 8K and so on)

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Snap points in scroll groups

Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Functionality to jump to an artboard quickly

When you have a lot of artboards, it can be difficult to find the one you're looking for. A solution to this was implemented here, allowing a user to search through elements, including artboards.

This is good, but one of the main products of having many artboards is that you have even more elements. This means that when you search for something, it shows you matching artboards, but also matching everything else. Including text whose content may match (which there is sure to be a lot of, since designs often re-use the same lexicon across many different elements).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A plugin to type in any Currency in the world

There are some currencies that we can't access on our keyboards, what if we can just plug in any currency symbol from a plugin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fewer releases so you don't release bugs in the first place

Why not SLOW DOWN and thoroughly test the product before you release it? It's ridiculous having 3-4 plus releases a month that are fixes to bugs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration of alt text for visual elements in prototypes

Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Photoshop / Picasa-Like Spotfix

When I have cropped certain pictures or screenshots, I want to be able to fix certain things on the spot, the way Photoshop or Picasa allows blemishes to be fixed based on surrounding area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. a price wheel plugin

a plugin do dsign custom price wheels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make XD interface the same with AI, PS and InDesign

Consolidate layout and placing of menus, bars, actions with the other Adobe tools everyone uses. Not even the labels have been consolidated!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy SVG code on specs mode

In the design mode of the desktop app you can easily copy the SVG element code.
    It would be very useful if this function could be done through the prototype link in the specs panel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mouse path effects

i'd really like to have the possibility to add effects that will be made with the mouse, like fluid effect (ondulation like water) on an image or a text.

in my point of view it's very important for creating incredible design and animations and make a website with a strong identity.

https://veli.studio/ <<<there is an effect like this here

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Query against the Adobe XD field in JIRA integration

Can you tell me if it’s possible to write a Jira filter/query to find any issues which have a non-blank value in the Adobe XD field?
    We need to make a dashboard of all the tasks like have that field NOT EMPTY.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Pin" a plugin to the sidebar

Since the left toolbar has quite a lot of space on larger screens, it'd be ideal if you could pin a favorite plugin or three there. I sometimes find myself using a couple plugins back and forth, but it's quite a few clicks to back out, choose other plugin, back out, choose other plugin, over and over again. It'd be awesome if my favorite plugins were just a click away.

I'd propose the plugin's icon could pinned to the left toolbar above/below the Library, Layers, Plugins icons. It could be limited to 3 maybe, and you could star them or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show differences between versions

When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Plugin to choose type scale

Plugin to help me choose the right type scale for my project. Experiment with font size, scale and different web fonts.
    Like this website: https://type-scale.com/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choose which specific component to add to CC library

1. The ability for a designer to choose which component to add to CC Library.
    2. This is valuable because when we publish to the CC Library, it publishes ALL the components. It would be nice if we could pick & choose which components to publish as not all components are ready to be published to the CC Library and shared with other designers.
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share flow actively working in

When switching to the Share tab, the share link should display the flow you are actively in (active artboard in a flow), when there are multiple flows. It is frustrating when it goes to the "default" flow and you have to select the flow you want to update, or you publish the wrong one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dartagnan plugin

Hi ! I am a designer of a big company. We actually use Sketch to design our newsletters and i would like to propose to my team to switch for Adobe XD but it will be more easily if you have a plug-in for dartagnan. Dartagnan is a software we can upload our pictures and make our newsletter easily. But if we could import our design from Adobe XD, for sure we will switch for your software !
    You can see what i mean with this exemple oof Letter : https://letter.so/xd/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Horizontal stack with fixed width

Being able to fix the width, when stack is active, then on adding / removing items the padding should be distributed evenly between the element.

Will let us recreate the same logic as the "display: flex, justify-content: space-between", useful for app development like navbar that always have the same width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base