Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Assets library MUST be in it's own window and within the component inspector as well!

Adobe! you've been developing design tools for 30 years and all of them have unique windows for repeatable assets such as Type characters, paragraphs, symbols etc. Please move the Document Library outside the General Library pane! it takes three clicks to jump from one pane (mostly the Layers) to select a document asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I often have to export modules/images for dev. This includes a text portion which I use auto height with padding. Then I have the elements stacked. If the objects aren't pixel perfect it leave a gap. 

So for example:

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

Vertical Stack 2: 50px height

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Exports completely fine because pixel are perfect.

But if it's not pixel perfect

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 2: 51.2px height (because of auto-height element with text)

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Anyway to fix this issue? Perhaps auto-height feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. Having a plugin where all the builder's blocks were built out would help our designers (that don't use WordPress) know what's available with the Elementor PRO builder, and could design accordingly. Not to mention it would speed up the creation of mocks if each block sections didn't have to be built piece by piece.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. give some gray tint options for wire frames

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Highlight All Downloadable Assets in the document, and allow the user to keep them highlighted, and jump between them at 100% scale-view to see them close up, and make any one not-downloadable. The managemet of assets in XD in the current state not usable for professional design teams. It's too oriented to the individual designer only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  8. I work with clients and design partners from different companies and I use the collaboration tools extensively. I even had to call support to fix my device because the XD files were over 1GB and were crashing the software.

Currently, I'm reaching the limit of the artboard size and want to share the library to new XD files in order to continue to contribute and grow the brand library of assets (as this is considerably smaller than the whole XD file).

So, I would like to have the possibility to set a shared library in a new XD file as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your clarification! As you’ve noticed, XD currently has a 1:1 relationship between a source document and its linked library, so this is currently as designed. I’ve updated the title so that it better reflects what you’re asking for and will leave it open for others to upvote!

9. Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We have so many shared links that gets lost in a sea of chaos. Sometimes we are asked to edit links that we cant find the source file name for.

REQUEST

Add the source XD filename to all shared links so it's easy to find when asked to edit when the share link is all we have as a reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When working with components, I sometimes have to make changes to the default state that I don't necessarily need in the other states, it would be nice to have the ability to choose if those changes roll out to the other states or not.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.

15. Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to be able to search through all of the comments on a file. We make extensive notes for our development teams and the ability to quickly find a particular comment saves us a ton of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A plugin for animations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  19. When modifying a document inside a folder, the folder maintains its position in the Xd launch screen > Cloud Documents.
    If I modify a file in a folder, it should show as the first item. So the sort order should take files in folders into account and re-order the folder too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently, a stack is dependent on the stacking order of the layers.

Usually, that doesn't cause any trouble. But I have grid layout (aka table) where a context menu needs to fly up instead of down. To prevent the menu from ending up under the rows above, I have to break the stack so I can reverse the layer order (ie the row at the lowest y value needs to be at the highest z value).

Ideally, a stack would not depend on layer order.
    Alternatively, you could just allow for reversing the logic somewhere, like a sort flip control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)