Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be good if an option could be put in all forms or at least when several elements are grouped that would make the content that we put inside it clip the content so that it would not be seen from the outside, just as artboards do. It seems to me something primary that should be because having to create a mask with the work that it gives just for that is a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We need to have a way to leave comments on specific objects or artboards in files with coediting enabled. Should be able to tag other people, assign the comment, and resolve when completed. Bonus points if you can integrate with, like, asana or trello or whatever.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic translation to create prototypes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi,
    Please move "Desactivate font" in the context menu of a font style to the bottom of the list.
    I think the most used item is "modify" and it should be more practical if it was in first position

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. need the same way ui faces plugins work for the food plugins to work also

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  8. There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Say you've applied a search filter in the grid view of your artboards. Then, you click on one of the results. You realize you want another artboard that matches your filter, so you want to go back to the filtered grid view to find another artboard. That's basically the idea of what I would like to accomplish as a user.

Right now, once I filtered the view and navigated to one of the resulting artboards, I have to filter all over again. It adds quite a bit of cognitive load (need to recall what the the thumbnail of my previously-selected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like Adobe XD to provide a way to share multiple flows on the same link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When a text layer is created, the layer name is the same as that of the text. However, when the text is updated or made a copy of, the new layer's label in the layers panel remains the same. It needs to be updated in real-time as per the text on the artboard.

Right now, it is very confusing to look at the same text-labeled layers in the layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. When I produce a link for my team to review the XD designs, we like to maintain the same link through the life of a project. That way you don't have to constantly send out new links and wonder whether or not you have the latest review link. But we also like to comment on the designs there.

The problem comes in when I need to add or remove screens. Once I republish the link, most of the pre-existing comments on the review link will no longer line up with the correct screen.

I wish there was a way that,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My request is two fold but both relate to shadows.

In brief

Include shadow properties that related fully to CSS
    Include the ability to save named shadow profiles for reuse

Details

Include a crucial forth property to drop shadows that is actually part of the CSS spec and will enable designers to more accurately communicate their specifications to developer – include SHADOW SPREAD.

Example declaration in CSS;

box-shadow: [x-offset] [y-offset] [blur] [spread]

Additionally, please include the ability to save drop shadow profiles so they can be updated easily and will be applied to all relevant designs. It is time consuming…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you only have a single request per ticket, so I’m going to repurpose this specific ticket for the drop shadow spread. Please do feel free to file your second idea as a new ticket. Thanks!

16. I think it would make a lot of sense to have an option to toggle between device layouts/designs (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).

Each one would have it's own Design/Prototype and Share Modes with each one having it's own Assets Panel, which could be synced between all of them, if the user wanted.

With this, we could personalize and greatly organize all the assets, styles, etc. into all the devices we wanted to design.

If the user didn't want to design for web/devices, it would have an option to define which type of design he/she wanted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. in PS and Ai there's this option and I became used to it. It would be nice if XD has it too. thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. In documents assets have the ability to filter order typographies by size or type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Finally having libraries is nice, but the organization is still difficult to maintain for larger organizations. I have my libraries split out based categories. It seems easier to keep the XD files smaller. I have components, typography, colors, and icons. I plan on breaking out components to be more specific.

The problem is if I apply a color to a component, or if I apply a color to a text style, then I have multiples of styles / components in the document where I'm using all of these libraries.

This requires multiple files to be updated anytime a change is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →