Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to create a text link style and animate it so it can be applied to text links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you're designing a responsive website the likelihood is you'll be looking at everything from 320px all the way up to 1500px.

If you could group text styles under a breakpoint and somehow assign that to an artboard size, so when you add text to that artboard it automatically knows what size it should be.

ie You have a 320 typography folder. You copy and paste the h1 from the 320 to the 1280 artboard it would automatically resize.

The alternative being you set up your typography separately, looking at breakpoints the same way some CMS do. Assigning H1-H6, Body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Quickly generate On-Hover tooltips for prototyping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. We design and develop for web, iOS and Android and have recently made the switch to XD. I'd like the ability to publish a link with all three options in one file that the developer can select for themselves in the shared file as opposed to publishing three different files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quick XD sketch:
    This is how plugins might be easier to use and switch between them (without forcing devs to update versions).

This is more for non-popups plugins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. converts xd designer to pyqt5 designer code file for python coding

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feedback and working file links should be easily accessible in one place. Being able to work immediately without navigating outside of XD into email or search through the home tab for shared files will vastly improve efficiency.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  10. The markdown renderer has some bugs such as:
    - not soft-wrapping line breaks
    - not making naked urls clickable
    - no syntax highlighting for code blocks (e.g. ```js)

Also the tags are not alphabetically sorted and can't be re-arranged.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why is the text underline function of xd always incompatible with Chinese characters? Do you think it is unnecessary to optimize for the Chinese? My version is 40.0.22.12 (Currently the latest).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  12. In the table example shown below, the text element in the third column is set to auto height. All of the table cells are in Cell Group, which was then grouped with the horizontal line below Cell Group to create Row Group. Row Group has stacking turned on so that the horizontal line is always 16px below Cell Group.

This is all well and good until Repeat Grid enters the picture. If I create a repeat grid from Row Group, set the grid spacing to 16px, then populate variable height content into Column 3, I get the mess shown in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like the option to exclude components states from components on the share link. Lately, I've noticed that creating a developer's share link is taking much longer to upload. And then when I go to the browser link, it takes much longer to load. I was trying to figure out why. And I think it may have something to do with the new(ish) ability to see all the states of a component when it is selected on the share link.

A lot of times, I create a lot of component states just to be able to try out different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello, I would find an option to assign a global grid super helpful. One could apply the values at the beginning and if they would like to change that grid in the future it could apply to all artboards of the same size. Right now, I have to manually go through and edit each grid if I want even the slightest change in values. I have found doing this takes a lot of time and effort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clients often leave feedback in a comment referring to other comments with their number (eg. ".. see comments n.5.."). The issue is that as I modify the design based on their feedback I resolve each comment, and when they loose their original number because they shift as I resolve them, I can't resolve some comments because I don't know which comment they refer to. I think it would be a great improvement not to shift numbers of comments as they are resolved to keep reference number consistent throughout design versions and comment references.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. (Summary in English) If a font is not installed, we should show text as if it were installed, and only falling back if edited. The behavior of fonts should be the same as for Photoshop.

テキストレイヤーを触らない時には該当フォントがなくても表示が崩れないようにしてほしい

テキストレイヤーについて、Photoshopでは該当フォントがインストールされていなくても、レイヤーを編集しない限りは表示が崩れないのですが、XDだと該当フォントがない場合には別フォントで表示されてしまうため、Photoshop同様に表示が崩れないようにしてほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On the transformation panel; height / width .. if I write +10 or -10 adds or subtracts from the original value.

btw: pressing the ESC key causes the input editing to end :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After I place a pin for feedback, when I view it, the pin moves with the scroll, it doesn't stick to the area to which it is supposed to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found at least one reproducible issue, and a workaround for you all. The hit area is linked to the group, which now is the rectangular area that encompasses all of the objects included in the group. If this is pinned to the top of the Z-order, the group will capture all pins, which is what happened to at least one person. I’ve attached an image to help you understand where this might be problematic. I’ll change this ticket to reflect that pinning in an “invisible” area should pin to the background.

20. If there is an feature in which we can replace font with new font, that would be great feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →