Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Being able to quickly see whether or not a stray color or text style is used that is not in the Assets panel would be so helpful. Easily reconciling any texts or colors that aren't part of your design system. Appears that you can kind of do this in the inspect mode on a shared link, but being able to do this in design mode would be so helpful and speed up auditing designs before handing off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When Working At the same time in a Document, be able to see the Change Log of each user to what changes were made.

Sometimes when multiple users work on the same file, it would be amazing to see what each user has changed in the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Insert components at the current cusor position with something like a dopdown

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the option of recovering a link that you have deleted or at least that the deleted links go to a recycle bin and are inactive, with the possibility of recovering them if necessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

11. Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

12. Could we please get the zoom setting as a querystring in the url of the published design review, just like the fullscreen. This would give us the option to view it in 100% in fullscreen. Without that the fullscreen is displayed in the default zoom value which is not 100%.
    Querystring example: ...../?fullscreen&zoom=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having the option to reverse the order of layers for a file. Every time I create a web mockup with sticky navigation, I have to reorder the layers so the navigation shows as intended in the prototype. XD adds to the top of my layers which is the opposite of design workflows. Seems counterintuitive since generally sites are designed top to bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. Need a way to bookmark xd website links sent to me via email as well as shared with my account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

18. I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Like the Title says. I was able to run Adobe XD with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro X. I know that making an ARM version takes time but, in the meantime, please make the 64 bit version available in the Creative cloud app. Windows 11 (some windows 10 builds) now have 64 bit support for the ARM devices like the Surface Pro X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about a free developer app? The current web developer handoff is already outdated. Due to Windows support, feature development is nonesistant. There have been few big feature updates since 2017. For designers it's fast and great. For everyone who works for designers, not so much.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working on the web developer handoff surface, and it’s had some significant updates in the past couple of years. What do you specifically think you’re missing?

By the way, we do have a large number of Windows users, so we do not intend to stop development on that platform.