Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like the ability to add additional metadata or tags to assets within a library so that they would be found with the search field. For example, I may have an icon called "search" that is a magnifying glass. I would like to add additional keywords to that asset such as "magnifying glass" or "filter" in case that's what other collaborators might use to search for this icon. This is a simplified example, but I've already run into needs for this multiple times while compiling our design system file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. When I outline a font that contains multiple colors, the color changes to one color.

複数の色が入ったフォントをアウトライン化したときに色が一色に変わってしまう

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In many other apps, when I see an eye icon it is because that layer is VISIBLE / ACTIVE. In XD this icon works exactly the opposite. We have a strikethrough icon with an eye that when active represents INVISIBLE layer and when not active represents VISIBLE layer.

It confuses me so much each time.

2 options:

1. KEEP THE STRIKETHROUGH ICON: Can we revert the way it works so by default no icon appears and then you can click to hide layers.

or

1. DO AS IN AFTER EFFECTS: A normal eye icon for showed layers and nothing for hidden ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It could be cool if XD got a "tilt phone trigger". Like when tilting your phone the color of your text changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When changing zoom to something new, remember the previous zoom coordinates and zoom level.

Double-tap 'z' to return to that previous zoom level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. create a keyboard shortcut for 'add state' please. or better, a suite of keyboard shortcuts affiliated with adding all the different type of states to a component.

When working through a suite of icons, for example, this is a very tedious process to have to manually repeat 2 states per icon using the mouse to hover over and click every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There’s a number of problems that arise when the component instances don’t have their own name field. Component instances should have an instance name and a name field that always maps back to the master.

Currently, the logic is, if you rename an instance, the connection between the master’s name and the instance name is severed. Though, the actual inheritance link between the master and instance is still intact. This causes a confusing user experience. You can’t tell what’s derived from what.

The current logic is too clever for its own good. If you decide to change the name of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In the design specs that can be viewed in a web browser, if you open the specs panel an click on an element in the artboard, the specs panel will show the name of the selected layer.

Problem is, if the layer name is a little longer, it gets cropped with "..." ellipsis and there is no way to see the full layer name. (See screenshot: Our layer name "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTON.LABEL" is shortened to "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTO...")

Please either change the layout so that the full layer name is displayed.

Or, as a really simple quick fix, add a title attribute to that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To be able to define the text box width with 'ch' like in HTML. Similar to what Webflow has implemented: https://webflow.com/feature/control-width-of-text-elements-by-character-count-using-ch-unit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just like how photoshop has checkered background to denote transparency. XD should have the same thing. It's important to know what shapes have or don't have a fill without having to worry about if the fill matches the same background color as the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. --- Idea ---
    For organizations maintaining a design system web site or document, it would be fantastic if users could "copy" a component (like a Button) from the documentation and paste it directly into XD.

--- Why? ---
    This would save designers from having to browse or search the XD library separately, since they're already in the design system documentation.

--- How? ---
    Perhaps XD could offer a new Export option for exporting in the same format used by copy-and-paste within XD? Then in a design system website, organizations could offer a "Copy XD Component" button that writes that same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. xd no funciona con efectos de desenfoque cuando se exportar los archivos en PDF y SVG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. The previous export settings let you say what resolution the asset was designed at (very flexible)---the new one doesn't allow for this and makes it much harder when designing at higher resolution and wanting to automate scaling down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Repetition grid are awesome, we know it. It works well with PC (mouse interaction) since the hover is immediatly looking for the hover state of a component.

It's less magical when trying to navigate a grid with controller where the hover is not accessible.

We should have preset that understand that using dpad/joystick navigation in the grid toggle hover state on/off without having to define in the prototype view the very bulky :

• Press Dpad left (joystick left) go to state Hover on button 2
    • Press Dpad bottom (joystick bottom) go to state Hover on button 4 ...
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A lot of basic prototypes I am making are rather difficult to use because of the scrolling behavior. As seen in the video attached, when using click and hold to scroll down, the click release will launch the event of the element that the mouse indicator is on.

Similarly, when you have a horizontal scroll group and using the mouse to drag, the click release will launch an event.

With the horizontal scroll group, you also expect no vertical scrolling but this happens inevitably. So both the vertical and horizontal scroll groups do not live up to their name, as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. there is an problem with xd's number like transform is arabic numbers and scale of artboart is english numbers how I wanna solve (windows 11)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)