Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Social Media Artboard: Need Linkedin Header type

There should be a social media artboard type for Linkedin header and other associated templates

There are already artboards for FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. Similarly need for linkedin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font label support in design specs

Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibility to have a Fixed Element inside a group

This is a wireframe I'm working on. I created a group called Modal and put inside it 2 groups Modal Header and Modal Body. Inside of Modal Body I want to have a group called Right Sidebar and use it as a anchor point menu but it won't stay fixed if it wasn't a parent group, in other words, it need to be outside the group Modal.

Besides that if I want to use this inside a component as an anchor point menu and a trigger to dropdown it won't work too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. See date of when a client was invited to see an XD design

It would be good to see a timestamp next to when design work has shared with a client on XD. I can see that my team has invited the clients but I don't know when this was completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Comment box is too narrow

Widen the comment box length when editing a comment.
    Because it’s easier to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicate CC library file

I have a CC library. I would like to iterate on it and create a new version of this library and keep the old as v1 for example. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can see where I can duplicated and rename a library file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share multiple prototypes with single URL

Ability to share a single URL that shows multiple prototypes. Currently, you can only share an individual link per prototype.

Case Study:
    Agency creates 20 prototypes to share with various users (designers, clients, etc.) Instead of sharing a unique link per prototype, it would be better to share a single link that has a preview of each for reviewers to browse and test.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When unlinking a Cloud (master) document from another XD - show a warning prompt

Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't show elements outside artboards when selecting within the artboard

Big alements that are placed half outside (thus partly hidden) on an artboard and they become visible when selecting any element that's on that artboard.

This is very anoying and doesn' make sense.

For example:
    I have two artboard closely next to each other. They both have big elements half outside the artboard. Also on each artboard there's a menu header.
    Now, when I want to select the header menu on each page, one of the big elements prevents me to click on the menu header on the other artboard.

See example image:
    Header 2 is selected. But there is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Plugin to convert to PSD

Hi there, I need a plugin which can convert xD files to editable psd(photoshop)!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Intuitive Versioning (like Time Machine or with Onion-View)

I would like to have an effortless peak into past iterations of a design without too much hassle, pick elements and get back to the current state again. Maybe switching through states in a timeline, dive into the state, grab items that I want to recover and get back to the current state again.

This would help me gather items clients liked in past iterations and get them back in the current view.

It would be amazing to have this in a time-machine (Mac OS) or onion fashion or something else really intuitive and maybe even accessible over right-click on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. import MILANOTE assets

Preview and import MILANOTE assets, Its one and all interactive note-taking app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Always show guides, even when zoomed out

I have 10 rather large artboards in my workspace; and they all use guides; I just noticed that after a certain level of zooming out, all guides vanish, and only visible again after you zoom in again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shared cloud document folder

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Mac] Open file dialog, make it possible to resize like the start screen

I have a lot of files saved in the cloud documents, yet the open file dialog is so tiny that it's difficult getting an overview of all the files.

Yet where the start screen is resizable, the open dialog is fixed.

Please let me resize the open file dialog as I see fit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base