Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have the option of recovering a link that you have deleted or at least that the deleted links go to a recycle bin and are inactive, with the possibility of recovering them if necessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

6. Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

7. In prototyping I need to be able to have an interaction transition not just between artboards but to a specific object on a different artboard. For instance prototyping a light box pop up, it needs to be able to be closed and take me back to the button I clicked to open it. This is a really common style of interaction. There are workarounds but they reduce the "realness" of the prototype when presenting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner on this. One thing that you might want to try for the lightbox scenario is to create an overlay, which would then lock the artboard behind you. When it dismisses, it returns to the original state. Also, we released a toggle state shortcut that will automatically create linkages between two states back and forth, so it should help with your second question. Let us know if this doesn't answer your question.

8. Could we please get the zoom setting as a querystring in the url of the published design review, just like the fullscreen. This would give us the option to view it in 100% in fullscreen. Without that the fullscreen is displayed in the default zoom value which is not 100%.
    Querystring example: ...../?fullscreen&zoom=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having the option to reverse the order of layers for a file. Every time I create a web mockup with sticky navigation, I have to reorder the layers so the navigation shows as intended in the prototype. XD adds to the top of my layers which is the opposite of design workflows. Seems counterintuitive since generally sites are designed top to bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need a way to bookmark xd website links sent to me via email as well as shared with my account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

14. I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like the Title says. I was able to run Adobe XD with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro X. I know that making an ARM version takes time but, in the meantime, please make the 64 bit version available in the Creative cloud app. Windows 11 (some windows 10 builds) now have 64 bit support for the ARM devices like the Surface Pro X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How about a free developer app? The current web developer handoff is already outdated. Due to Windows support, feature development is nonesistant. There have been few big feature updates since 2017. For designers it's fast and great. For everyone who works for designers, not so much.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working on the web developer handoff surface, and it’s had some significant updates in the past couple of years. What do you specifically think you’re missing?

By the way, we do have a large number of Windows users, so we do not intend to stop development on that platform.

17. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Assets library MUST be in it's own window and within the component inspector as well!

Adobe! you've been developing design tools for 30 years and all of them have unique windows for repeatable assets such as Type characters, paragraphs, symbols etc. Please move the Document Library outside the General Library pane! it takes three clicks to jump from one pane (mostly the Layers) to select a document asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often have to export modules/images for dev. This includes a text portion which I use auto height with padding. Then I have the elements stacked. If the objects aren't pixel perfect it leave a gap. 

So for example:

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

Vertical Stack 2: 50px height

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Exports completely fine because pixel are perfect.

But if it's not pixel perfect

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 2: 51.2px height (because of auto-height element with text)

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Anyway to fix this issue? Perhaps auto-height feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having a plugin where all the builder's blocks were built out would help our designers (that don't use WordPress) know what's available with the Elementor PRO builder, and could design accordingly. Not to mention it would speed up the creation of mocks if each block sections didn't have to be built piece by piece.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?