Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add preset for Galaxy S20 to Welcome Screen

Adobe XD has iPhones for UI design and prototyping. I'd love to see the S20 as well since I can also design for Android eventually with a good layout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can already set a custom artboard size in the Welcome Screen. I’ll adjust this particular request to reflect your request for a preset.

2. Rename main component from layers panel

When you select items on an artboard and make a component, you can edit the default name of the component on the layers screen but it is not reflected in the Assets panel. It would seem the names only update in one direction so you have to go to the asset panel and rename the component there in order for it to inherit the name on the layers view. I think it would speed up productivity if you could just create and name the component in one place and then later find that name in assets or layers view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Batch override / Bulk edit Components state within Repeat grids

Once we will be able to change Component States in Repeat Grid (see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38986252-allow-component-states-in-repeat-grid) it would be very useful to have option to bulk edit component state.
    As we can update text form text files, we can define text file with one "ID" or "Name" per line of component state. Then drag'n'drop this txt file over a Component in Repeat Grid and BOOM state is applied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Long press trigger

It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow cloud documents to be indexed so that Spotlight can find them

When I search for files using spotlight (my primary way of navigating OSX) files located in CC do not appear, this is frustrating.

It leaves me in a position where I don't want to use CC because I can't find my files using my regular workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Feedback when removing linked assets with dependencies on other docs

If I have document A which has assets from document B linked to it, and doc B also contains assets from document C, I cannot remove doc C from doc A without first removing doc B.

It would be great to have some type of UI letting me know that when I am trying to remove doc C from doc A, by hitting the x from the search dropdown in the assets panel, that it is not working because it is actually imported by doc B, or at least that it is being imported by another document in general.

The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Scroll To" anchor inside Scroll Group

The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom/non square hit area

Right now, bounding boxes are always rectangular, with the height of the tallest object it contains and the width of the widest one.

However, many times it is necessary for the box to maintain the exact same shape as the objects it contains, in order to only activate effects such as hover when the mouse is directly on top.

Consider the attached files. Here we have 3 tabs. I would like to make them "jump" up slightly on hover so users can tell it is clickable. The tabs do not overlap, but because the bounding box is rectangular, the active…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make assets draggable to CC libraries

I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "Behance Case" and "Behance Story" to Social Media Presets

I would love to see Behance Case and Story (for posting on desktop) in the social media presets as I always forget what the sizes are.

This would help me create Behance cases faster which is, in a way, part of the social media elements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View designs/ prototype in browser not in the my work section

I would like to view my designs in the browser not in the my work section. The full screen mode as it doesn't scale properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Social Media Artboard: Need Linkedin Header type

There should be a social media artboard type for Linkedin header and other associated templates

There are already artboards for FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. Similarly need for linkedin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Font label support in design specs

Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Possibility to have a Fixed Element inside a group

This is a wireframe I'm working on. I created a group called Modal and put inside it 2 groups Modal Header and Modal Body. Inside of Modal Body I want to have a group called Right Sidebar and use it as a anchor point menu but it won't stay fixed if it wasn't a parent group, in other words, it need to be outside the group Modal.

Besides that if I want to use this inside a component as an anchor point menu and a trigger to dropdown it won't work too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See date of when a client was invited to see an XD design

It would be good to see a timestamp next to when design work has shared with a client on XD. I can see that my team has invited the clients but I don't know when this was completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Comment box is too narrow

Widen the comment box length when editing a comment.
    Because it’s easier to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Duplicate CC library file

I have a CC library. I would like to iterate on it and create a new version of this library and keep the old as v1 for example. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can see where I can duplicated and rename a library file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share multiple prototypes with single URL

Ability to share a single URL that shows multiple prototypes. Currently, you can only share an individual link per prototype.

Case Study:
    Agency creates 20 prototypes to share with various users (designers, clients, etc.) Instead of sharing a unique link per prototype, it would be better to share a single link that has a preview of each for reviewers to browse and test.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When unlinking a Cloud (master) document from another XD - show a warning prompt

Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base