Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clicking on comment notifications should deep link to the comment

Clicking on comment notifications in my notification feed should deep link to the comment and highlight it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Component ın last version.

In version 28.9.12.2 - Component part not useful. I could delete unlinked component before. I couldn't delete on new version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Developer mode embed link

I want to use the embed mode to include the iframe of specs to our workflow toolchain combined with other specs / texts.
    but unfortunately the embed code only works for design and testing.
    why not enable embed including developer tools / specs also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rounded corners change in new state

When we want to make a new state of, say a square and we want it to be circle in its new state we cant do it. Easiest way to acheive this will be via rounded corners. Enable to change them in their new as well as hover state

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD flashes back when modifying text

XD flashes back when modifying text
    I'm a big fan of Adobe XD, and it has a nice repeating grid, which has an advantage over sketch, where you can open the sketch file, but sketch doesn't open the Adobe XD file.The most important thing is that such a good software is still free, attracting countless designers to use it.
    But XD makes me very upset, the old version is unable to open the new version, even if the very similar version is not compatible.Compared to AI, this is a drawback of XD software.
    I have recently had a very important…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search canvas for potential instances (exact matches) of a master component

Please add the ability to search the canvas for exact matches of a master component to turn into instances.

Scenario: you’ve created an element (button, icon, whatever) and forgot to make it a component. Before long... you have 30 of them scattered around and want to make an adjustment. Oops!

It’d be nice if you could turn one into a master component, then have the option to search the canvas for identical elements to turn into instances of that component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Design Elements to Different Component States!

Working on an enterprise-scale seems to be somewhat dismissed with the current component building. If I have, let's say, an edit mode on a component, there doesn't seem to be a way to add the dropdown box where editable material would go in that state to the component. No matter which way I click, I cannot change the bounding box of the original component. In this example, I NEED to add that separate box on the edit state for it to even make sense with our actual component. If I attempt to click in, I get to a point where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attach Miro Frame into a XD file

As a UX Designer, I would like to attach my Miro frames or files into my designs, so that I can consult and work along with my flows, charts, mind maps, etc.

Como UX Designer, eu gostaria de poder anexar meus frames do Miro em meus arquivos de design, para que assim eu possa consultar os fluxos, charts, mind maps, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove 'previous artboard' for overlays.

It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mask artboard interaction by overlaying objects

I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IKONO plugin

I AM NOT ABLE SEE IKONO PLUGIN IN XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cloud sharing documents and working together don't work

Cloud share documents don't work today, Can you fix it ? Because I have to work together with a friend of mine for a project and we can't meet each other at times of corona so it is very important that it works again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lock "Live Preview" to a single artboard

I'm using XD more and more for creating and visualizing static graphic designs on multiple devices. Would be nice to lock the Live Preview to one artboard while designing in another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. States, states, states!!! please, don't wait for years based on votes in this "user voice".

Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is it possible to add a retry button

if the user has lost internet connectivity with cloud document instead of closing the document and the program, can you please add a retry button to allow the users to keep trying again rather than waiting for the working button to get enabled which is still good to be kept.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Easy multi-platform controller input.

Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Post to Behance (Stories, New Case, Add to Existing Case)

Description of the feature

I would love to share an artboard or prototype-video to Behance, either as a "Story" or as a whole project (and/or add to an existing if you're really cool!)

Why this is valuable to you

As a freelancer I rely on Behance for my daily income. Having a fastlane to publish stuff to Behance would save a lot of time and help share throughout the day when working on sharable stuff.

If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request

I added a screenshot of the separation-part that Instagram does for Stories…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Windows 10 tile icon

While all other Creative Cloud application tiles in the start menu combine their background color with the system color, XD is the only application that applies its own color (and it also has a different size), creating a huge visual inconsistency. Please change that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete all unresolved comments.

I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make State/Hover Names Searchable

I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base