Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cycle through tagged artboards

When designing a feature, it is many times necessary to jump around the canvas from one art board to another. Many times those boards are physically far away in the canvas, requiring tedious zooming up and down to locate and view them.

Now, it would be really nice if one could leave placeholder tags around the canvas in those places that are relevant for the feature you are now working on. Then, using some kb command (like Alt + Q, like in Quick), you could cycle the current view between those canvas places, keeping the same zoom level.

Alt +…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock / make Grid static

Ability to make the Grid static or un-responsive so it doesn't move and change parameters when I resise the artboard.

I have to recalculate the grid all the time and it's a hassle. Other competitor apps already have this and it's a huge timesaver for designers and developers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow components to change states and scroll to another part of the artboard at the same time.

Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Padding tool

The new padding tool is great EXCEPT that it is behaving like a margin tool - not a padding tool.

As it is currently, when resizing a group of objects, altering the padding (free or uniform) expands/contracts the parent container, when the parent container should maintain it's size and the objects inside the parent container should move within the parent.

Expanding/contracting the size of the external container - is how you increase/decrease margins.

I suspect that at least one of your developers probably mentioned this somewhere along the way because this is web development 101...

Seriously, though - please fix…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove 2 save menu items

The 2 save - save and save local are awful. Let me set my preference and be done with it or just give me one save and let me choose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guides for spacing

On each artboard the must be different color of guide lines representing different spacings used in other artboards, this would help designer to keep similar spacing among different assets in all artboards.

For reference spacing, you can use 1st artboard, Note all the spacings and give them a specific color. Now on next art board when user move any object guide them with those colors it would help them to keep unity in all artboards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save character style with background, padding, border and margin

Hi there,

it would be great to have the option to add in any 'Character style' text background color, padding, border, and margin and then have the possibility to apply them to any inline text element.

Cheers and thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Different screenshot dimension when copy paste into XD

I have a website screenshot at 1166px width, when i entered into adobe XD, it shrink into 1047 pixel.

No wonder i always have issue when it comes to front end development.

I copy paste a website with 1170px body width (which i originally don't know the width size), and then i screenshot and measure in adobe XD, it shows 1047 pixel.

I requested to increase the body width into 1100 but the developer said its already more than that (which is 1170px).

You should fix this, i really need this to be exact because sometimes i copy and screenshot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch Flows in Preview

I think there are similar requests in history but with the new release that includes Flows, it would be extremely convenient to have a nice flow switcher in the Preview window. We are unable to use shared content and have to use Preview for testing and presentations. It would be great to smooth that out with a simple flow switch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Committing value entered in properties panel, using Enter/Return key

There is no easy way to exit an input field in the properties panel after inputting a value.
    For example:
    1. I have the 'artboard' tool selected and drag out a random sized artboard.
    2. Adjust the size by entering values in the W/H fields in the properties panel.
    3. Then I'd have to use the mouse to change tools to the 'select arrow' or other tool for the value to commit and exit the field

Because I'm used to photoshop and hot keys to switch between tools, I'll often press enter to commit (like in photoshop) and then "V"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Component within component state change

If, e.g. I created a button with multiple states as a components and then used that button within another component (popup/modal) it would be good to be able to set and action on the button component to change the state of the, e.g. popup/modal component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Choice of which voice feedback artist you would like.

I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Kadence blocks plugin for mockups

Would allow the animated blocks to be inserted into XD mockups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off Responsive Resize when scaling proportionally

Dislocation when jumping to width and height in proportion

When the layer is "Path", regardless of whether "Responsive Layout" is checked or not, the proportional scaling is normal.
    When the layer is "Group", the "Responsive Layout" is checked by default, and the position is misaligned when the height is adjusted in proportion. Turn off "Responsive Layout" and the scaling is normal.
    Hope to improve! !

等比例跳转宽高时错位
    1. 当图层为“路径”时,无论是否勾选“响应式布局”,等比例缩放正常。
    2. 当图层为“组”,默认勾选“响应式布局”,调整等比例高度时错位。关闭“响应式布局”比例缩放正常。
    望改进!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SVG is a different size than asset due to shadow

When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Suggesting Changes

So That your fellow colleagues can suggest changes (bUT It will Not Changes The Design Until you accept the idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Components & objects should have the option of fixed padding between state changes

The Problem: I have two components A & B. In A's default state component B is y px beneath A. Component A size expands or contracts by z px and changes to a new state. Currently, component B is now y + z px from the bottom of component A.

The Solution: Components that can change shape between states should "push or pull" other components by fixed padding defined assumed by the system or defined by the designer. This behavior should be able to be chained between multiple components & other objects.

Applications: Expandable lists, expandable cards, & my quality…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

19. Magnetic scroll

A possibility to set some magnetic/anchor points to the scroll could be really great. By setting these points the scroll could stop or slow down to stick to some contents in preview mode.
    Exemple here : https://codepen.io/supah/pen/yMMyMK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scrolling is broken

I need to scroll for 15 minutes to reach the bottom of the image: wtf?? Don't you test your website in all common browsers and OS? Why isn't there standard scrollbars to use the website despite its bugs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base