Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Longer component names in side panel on XD Share view.

I can't see the component names in an XD Share link because they're long. I'd like the ability to either 1) view the whole name on hover, 2) resize the right hand nav panel to be wider or 3) have any long information scroll on hover. Truncating the name with an ellipsis doesn't help anyone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transform using %

Transform %: select your object(s) > inside transform type in the percentage width/height you want and append % + enter. I use this in Pshop/Illust/prem etc all the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll leave this suggestion open, but you can already use mathematical expressions in width and height – you’ll just need to include the original value (156 * 0.5) for 50%, for instance.

3. Scroll to nested object in artboard

Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove artboards from a flow, even if it's connected to the home artboard

I am trying to create multiple flows within an artboard and can't find how artboards that should not be included in the flow are being included. I think this is caused by having shared components between artboards which makes the flow consider a screen with the same component part of it.

Request is to be able to remove artboards from a flow regardless of if a path or component links it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to preserve scroll position between transitions within a scroll group

This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Zoom out design to view more of the design

Description
    I would like to be able to zoom out the design and instead of having the design become smaller, I want to be able to view a larger portion of the design. In other words, the viewable height should be expandable.

Value
    This would allow me to create screenshots of sections of the design which don't fit in the default viewable portion of the design. At the moment I would have to create multiple screenshots and combine these screenshots together myself.

And it would also allow people to view the entire page design at once without having to scroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Component documentation and description

This is mainly for designers that also know how to code, who works with or is trying to build a design system based on modern frontend frameworks such as material design, vue+quasar, etc. Or for designers who follows design systems that already have documentations that they can refer to.

The idea is to give the designers ability to add description to a component, and to be able to add links so that the devs can know exactly which component from the documentation the design is based from, or at least which component will help achieve the best results.

Attached here…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add Persian language voice to Adobe XD

Please add Persian language voice to Adobe XD because there is a lot of literature and poetry in this language that can help the whole world community and also different languages are used like Iran Iran Afghanistan Tajikistan and some other countries.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clip content instead of masking

It would be good if an option could be put in all forms or at least when several elements are grouped that would make the content that we put inside it clip the content so that it would not be seen from the outside, just as artboards do. It seems to me something primary that should be because having to create a mask with the work that it gives just for that is a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Comments for coediting files

We need to have a way to leave comments on specific objects or artboards in files with coediting enabled. Should be able to tag other people, assign the comment, and resolve when completed. Bonus points if you can integrate with, like, asana or trello or whatever.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Select which component state to use based on relationship to artboard (flyout direction)

Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Natural language translation on all UI

Automatic translation to create prototypes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. move "deactivate font" at the bottom of the context menu

Hi,
    Please move "Desactivate font" in the context menu of a font style to the bottom of the list.
    I think the most used item is "modify" and it should be more practical if it was in first position

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD Mockup Scroll While Zoomed

When you are viewing a mockup on XD.Adobe if you zoom into the mockup, there is no functionality to move left and right around the screen. So you cannot zoom in on specific things.

Please allow for scrolling around a zoomed in page when in the browser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Plugin to insert photos of food

need the same way ui faces plugins work for the food plugins to work also

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow "Replace font" tool to replace fonts with same name

There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search UX: add search results to the browser history

Say you've applied a search filter in the grid view of your artboards. Then, you click on one of the results. You realize you want another artboard that matches your filter, so you want to go back to the filtered grid view to find another artboard. That's basically the idea of what I would like to accomplish as a user.

Right now, once I filtered the view and navigated to one of the resulting artboards, I have to filter all over again. It adds quite a bit of cognitive load (need to recall what the the thumbnail of my previously-selected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link multiple prototype flows on the same share link

I would like Adobe XD to provide a way to share multiple flows on the same link.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base