Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Component animations

It would be nice to create different states of an individual component that can be transitioned in sequence, to create an animation.

For example, if i want a button to pulse a glowing effect, I would create a component that looks like a button and then duplicate it and adjust it to look like a glowy button, and then link the two so that they transition back and forth into a loopable animation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize on hover from center point instead of top-left corner

Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring Back Nudge WHILE Viewing Distance Indicator (Previously Alt+Arrow)

Please return the ability to nudge components with the arrow key *while viewing the pixel distance indicator simultaneously during movement.

After the October 2019 update, users can no longer press alt+arrow key to nudge AND view the pink pixel distance indicator at the same time. The distance indicator only appears when tapping alt but not arrow (only on a static component).

In the past, after I selected a component, then hovered my cursor over a different nearby component, I could hold alt to see the distance indicator between the 2. As I nudged the selected component with the arrow keys,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More default component states (on-click, on-tap, on-mousedown, visited, on-focus)

FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Loop animation inside states

Hey guys,

it would be great if you expand the States of component not only for Hover or Tap, but also a simple Loop Animation... Here is the tutorial of what I mean -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3fSi7P66c
    And the video below is an actual prototype I'm working at of wayfinding in the museum, where animated arrow shows you the way...
    For now I can achieve this effect only between 2 different artboards... But it would be really cool if the component in some way had a "loop" auto-animate option between states... 🤓

And hey, this could be the beginning of making gifis…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Component States to Development (Design Specs)

How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  12 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add native ARM64 support

Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Controller Integration - Tap Simulation (Android)

Hi,

I would like to request basic, native Xbox controller integration into the mobile application - the simple tap action is all I am looking for.

I am currently working for ABC Studios International and utilizing Adobe XD to produce the apps which appear within the show. Usually this work would occur in post production, however I am trying to encourage a more active use of this software in my local screen industry.

An example of an application is a simple phone call interaction. The character receives a call, picks up and hangs up. In most cases the talent can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keep Componet's Layers open, while switching between States

Hey,

when one has lots of States in component, then it's really frustrating, that the Component Group in Layer Panel just keeps closing, when I change the State. Would be really a great help if it is open all the time, unless I close it on my own...

Plus it would be also a great Help, if I select some element inside of a component group (like in the video at the end -> close icon) and in properties panel I would have the following info -> name of Master Component and in what State I am working now. Coz…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easily Swap Masked Images directly within XD, not just from Finder

I really would like to have an ability to swap images inside already created masks... especially it's important when one works with components.
    The only way is to drag files from finder. (like in the attached video)... I wish I could do this with assets I already have in XD.
    The only way around it at the moment is to create shape and mask image from the very beginning... From this moment on, if I want to swap image, I have to cut it from outside mask and paste into the mask... and then to delete the old image under…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. text override on component states carried over

When creating a new state of a button - if you already have multiples of that component, the new state doesnt keep the text overrides for the new components. It would be nice if you could keep that text change throughout.
    i.e.
    If Default State has text layer named "label" with a text override
    every other state keeps the text override on the text layer named "label".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hover Inside Hover

hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fontello icon library

It would be nice to have our own icon library from Fontello icons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Convert sketch library state recognition

In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base