Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Include a built-in library of grids for Android, iOS, mobile and desktop. This would help with standardisation, particularly for emerging UX designers.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be really helpful to have a zoom out and pan similar to InDesign. This could facilitate being able to zoom into a section of the app or website design, zoom out and move to another section and zoom back to previous level an new cursor location in one fluid movement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As a user, I would like to see artboard numbers in place of the artboard icon.

The artboard icon provides little value to me as a user. There's only one pasteboard icon and X number of artboards. I appreciate the identifier, but feel the space could provide more value.

What would be helpful is if I could see the number of the artboard as it corresponds to the online prototype (see attached image).

This would be especially helpful when I'm trying to find and copy the exact URL of a page for a client.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exit preview = go to artboard exited from

When closing the preview window, it´s 99% of the times, because I found something that I want to change. When closing preview it would be great to be taken to the art board from where I closed the preview window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tab between Target, Transision, Ease Out, Duration

More keyboard commands, less pain in mouse hand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. After I've added a symbol from the symbols panel it would be a real timesaver if XD automatically switched back to the layers panel when selecting another element. This would remove the need to navigate to the bottom right of the window and switch the view.

From my experiences, users tend to drag a new symbol to their artboard then manipulate it or another element, very rarely navigating back to get another symbol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. You should consider ways of minimizing the use of the mouse.
    I work with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all day long, I´ve never had problems with either hand or shoulder before starting to use Adobe XD.

Manually resizing artboards is a pain. Fit to selection would help.

Zooming is a pain. Smart zoom would help. (Zoom where the mouse pointer is, or where selection is.) I constantly have to reposition.

Finding a page is a pain. Jump to page, search page og something like that would help.

Selecting all on artboard can only be done by manual selection. Select all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi there,

I generally like to have the Adobe softwares configured on gaming equipment such as mouse and keyboard with macro buttons. This really makes working on them faster.

Adobe Xd, since it is attached to an inaccessible file in WindowsApp, doesn't have that. This would be great if you consider having the .exe file somewhere else (this is probably naive of me to think that).

Anyhow, I like Xd so far but this puts me off since using macros is generally how I work best :/ (having most of what I need on my mouse for instance)

All the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to change a Character Style's color by dragging a color from the Color Assets on to a Character Style.

Problem:
    To change a color of a character style in the in the Character Styles window is too tedious. It also requires the user to re-enter the color values using its color-picker.

Solution:
    Make it possible to drag a color from the Colors Assets window on to the Character Style.
    Also, make it also possible to drag-n-drop a color from the Appearance color-picker's local library onto the Character Style.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Double-clicking on an asset, such as a color or font, in the Assets window, brings up the asset's edit window.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    3. Save the .xd file
    4. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)
    1,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please remove the color property from a text style.

Here's a story: i start a new project and define h1-h6, body text and subtext. At some point i need a white H1 that's overlaid on a photo. Currently, i can select H1, but it turns my text black so i have to make it white again. This can become frustrating when it repeats tens of times throughout a project. In my mind, text styles and color palette are separate. This problem applies to both CC Libraries and XD Assets.

Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)