Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I know I can draw a box around multiple items ('m using lines) to select them, but I'd like to select them by Ctrl + click as well. I have another shape behind the 2 I'm trying to select, so selecting multiple items by dragging a box selects the item behind it, and I can't deselect it... that's also another suggestion; deselect by Ctrl + click if multiple items are selected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Symbols should have the option of being applied to an artboard with their position matching a predetermined xy position, thus having the newly applied symbol appear in exactly the same place as it was when it was created.

Currently, the workaround requires copying / pasting from some kind of master artboard — which is tedious and unnecessary.

There should be some option to apply a symbol in a predetermined place, or position it manually if desired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When designing complex widgets that are reproduced as repeat grids I oftentimes need to rearrange the z-order contained layers within the repeat grid.
    Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. If this is not supported as a feature the interface should indicate so. Now the contained layers look like regular layers outside a grid, but behave otherwise.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like a setting to disable the fold line by default when I'm editing preset artboards.

[original] Nobody asked for this so it may not be a popular request, but I find the fold line annoying and unnecessary. Would you consider giving us the option to disable it?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I want to post multiple versions of the same prototype online (v1, v2, etc. with incremental changes made between versions), and I have notated the prototype screens with comments/instructions for developers about user flow and requirements and actions... it would be super helpful to be able to transfer or copy my comments (and any client comments) from one prototype to the other. Otherwise, I have to overwrite existing prototypes to keep all my comments intact... which means I can't keep older versions of these screens posted online for reference or comparison, and I have to manually add comments/annotation to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be helpful to be able to copy prototypes (along with any shared comments posted to those prototypes) from one Adobe ID to another. I am leaving one company and moving to another company but need to take my prototypes with me and there is currently no way of doing this. Thanks!

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could you implement Commenting Feature in Mobile App, It will Help to Client On the go commenting

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. File management, Version Control, Change Control, Feedback, Integrations with Abstract ! www.goabstract.com

Please !

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be easier have selection as like as Autocad.

From left top to right bottom, only includes / from left to right everything touched get selected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would be nice to select a group (or several) and be able to assign object-blur to all objects within, rather than having to select individual objects first. probably also applies to other common properties.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adobe (or someone) has set the standards for scrolling art spaces for years, PS, AI, ID all do this:
    • Scroll = up and down
    • Ctrl + Scroll = Left and right
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out
    • Adding Shift to any of the above options modifies the action to larger increments of scroll/zoom

Currently in XD (Windows 10)
    • Scroll = up and down (meets standard)
    • Ctrl + Scroll = zoom in and out (out of standard)
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out (meets standard)
    • Shift + Scroll =…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Design Mode, we override symbols in multiple places - but sometimes forget to Update All Symbols along the way. Later, when editing the document, we can not find the latest update to a symbol, which we would like to use to Update All Symbols to the override. Feature needed: "find most recent update override to a symbol."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)