Request details

Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

70 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Grønborg Bertelsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cody King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just have a better design of those lines that link? a 3px thick bright blue line is to clunky

• Char Farber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great too just be able to dynamically generate the information architecture flow chart including decisions and other Dynamic elements right from the art boards.

• RichD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related Concept:
        Designer can select element on any page, like today, but rather than having to drag the link, they can select a page in the right panel (page list) and click a "Link to" button. This would be a secondary way to connect items that bypasses the current zoom-pan-scroll spaghetti mess.

The "Page" panel could perhaps have some kind of link inventory/management... reminiscent of how effects are shown on Illustrator and photoshop.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm finding as a create large projects that moving around very complicated. I's like to see site map or information architecture both as a user but also as an information document that I could share with my team and client so that they consul get a good overview of the project.

• Steven Seniw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have the ability to see different views in design mode, not just the ability to zoom out and look at the whole project as a collective. Different views like flow chart modes or some way to show hierarchy would be a good way to see if I've missed a hyperlink out somewhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it useful to see which individual elements are linked to what (as it currently behaves).... but I definitely agree that some kind of simplified view should exist!

Maybe a simpler preview mode which could be toggled to look at the entire flow with less distractions could exist? (e.g. for presentation/discussion purposes)

Feedback and Knowledge Base