Request details

Show all available screens to navigate in shared prototype (map / overview of all artboards)

I would like for there to be a way to display all available screens in the prototype. Currently the web view is good for presenting but not good for users who are not clear on what the flow is. Providing a way to jump around these screens would be incredibly helpful.

143 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick Cartelli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shauni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be helpful to be able to see multiple artboards in the same view on published links (prototype, not design specs).

This would be good for viewing variations side by side. Clients often ask to see options together in the same view and I end up taking screenshots of my workspace so they can see multiple artboards side by side.

I understand you can see artboards side by side in design specs, but I'd like to have this option in prototype too.

Thanks.

• yusuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

デザインスペックのWeb共有では、画面フローの俯瞰図が表示されています。
        プロトタイプのWeb共有でも同等の機能を搭載して、「すべての画面」リンクを押下すると表示されるようにして欲しいです。
        プロトタイプのリンクで最初に遷移するのはホーム設定のままで良いかと思います。

理由:プロトタイプを操作中にホームに戻ってからホームに戻る前のページに戻るのが面倒です。
        全体のフローを確認してからプロトタイプを見始めたいこともある。

• mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a MUST if you are offering XD as a prototype design tool.

• Meridith Paulhus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a grid-based set of navigation in the browser window for navigating the shared comp would make a HUGE efficiency impact. I agree with others who have suggested here that InVision has solved this problem nicely, and would love to see something similar in XD's next update.

• Frankie Loscavio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Yes, yes, yes to this feature / improvement! Very badly needed!!!

We use XD with Jira and every member of our team in the entire workflow / pipeline needs to be able to view a specific page without having to preview one-by-one in a linear fashion.

We name our files in ways that are lexically sorted so having them in a preview grid that is sorted by name is imperative for us.

• Ashton Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I need this very badly also. For a workaround, I'm about to hand make an HTML list of all Artboard names and link the name to the prototype page URL.

• Helga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The xd sharing option is generally awesome except when you have loads of individual pages.

We're working with a remote designer with a very slow internet connection. uploading the file takes more than 2 hours for her (200MBs).

When we preview the 66 pages on adobe cloud, we have to go one by one, there is no way to preview all the pages and this becomes incredibly painful.
        If there was a way to preview the pages && their titles, that would make life so much easier. Ex. in attachment.

• Brigitte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvoted!

To get around this problem, I've gone so far as to build my own map of all the screens that I put in a separate screen I call "Choose your adventure". I also put a button on each prototype screen that lets the user return to my custom mockup menu.

• Tom Knutsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I use inVision instead of XD. I like XD more than inVision, but this feature is so important and we use it often with our clients.
        I have to stick with inVision until this is added to XD.

• Cyntss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is already possible. Today I saw it in my team at least. Please check again.

• Michelangelo Capraro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow people with the sharing link to zoom out to an artboard view. This makes it useful for clients to see groupings of pages, ad any other context from how you have your dartboard organized.

it also allows people with the shared link to see how many pages total are in the artboard

• Jona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is frustrating that you can't see all pages and can't easily jump to page you want to show. I hope Adobe take Invision App model.. They have figured it out to the science.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to view all artboards in the prototype so you can skip to a page rather than having to navigate through the flow every time. If there are a large amount of artboards this is very frustrating as the only other way to find a artboard you want is to skip through each screen

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add feature to show all screens into web visualization, where you can select the screen you wanna go to.

See all screens helps in a demo meeting, it helps you go to a specific screen without having to keep tapping right or left. Make things faster and easier.

• Markus Kuuranta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a view map - that is a collection of all pages - into shared web prototype.

Currently it's a wee hard to navigate into a certain view without having to navigate through the app proto.

It would make sense to be able to open this view map from the bottom of the screen, where Homy button and page navigation currently is.

• Carl D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be implemented! My clients are always asking how to navigate through them without having to click on the bottom small arrows.

• Will F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, would be great to have some form of in-page nav to enable viewers to see what artboards are available and jump straight to one. Would also like the non-full screen version to show the Artboard title on the page.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base