Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I'd like to have Adobe XD available as a Cask to be installed using Homebrew.

It´s a common onboarding task to install (and update) a lot of software for a new team member and I use brew-cask for this. Most of the needed apps & packages are available through either brew or cask but not Adobe XD yet.

Thanks!

Useful links:
    https://caskroom.github.io/
    https://github.com/caskroom/homebrew-cask/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The XD team just released awesome improvements to design mode in the March Update with the support for copy and paste from Photoshop and Illustrator.

However, one cannot copy and past type from Photoshop to XD without copying the type as a raster or an SVG.

A similar problem was addressed for Illustrator here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13059984-copying-pasting-text-from-illustrator

It would be great if the solution for illustrator - the ability to copy text and paste it in XD as a text element - was made available for photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about when having text in a Repeat Grid being able to add an integer like:

• Some text #{i}

which would render as:

• Some text 1
    • Some text 2
    • Some text 3
    • Some text 4 …etc…

?
    That would be cool!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The reason is that 'Ctrl+Mouse Wheel' for zooming is very uncomfortable due to 'Space+left Mouse press' for moving your mouse pointer. Additionally, touchpads for Windows are not able to move your mouse pointer to left or right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1,025 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would love for XD to support in the next update a jumplist, for us to easily access of recent files, pinned files on the jumplist, UI kits and some few app shortcuts for easy access/launch on them, both if we pin XD to our Windows taskbar, and to it's tile

Here's the concept I made. I put some time into it. I hope you see this and consider this. I'm very certain the jump list support is just a small work to implement, I know it. Please do it on next update, most CC apps already have this. i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want you guys to implement and make a splash screen for XD too. Not just for aesthetics style, and not just to be inline with Adobe CC apps too, but to show immediacy to the XD app instead of a plain grey color on the splash, a clever workaround to make transition on launching the XD to showing the Start page, but on users like me, time is precious, and on that grey page, some users on old and slow machine, or let say you're a known multitasker and have so many apps running with you, you'll end up…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm currently testing one of my designs in XD.

I've shared my design with some users so they could leave their feedback by using the comment en pin tool.
    Those comments are visible for everyone what could influence the users comments by reading other users comments.

I think i would be great if the owner can decide whom can view the comments and mark them as invisible when desired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)