Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi there! I'm excited with this tool from you.
    I came here to suggest few things base in actual ideas going on.

I'm a React Native user. I'm pretty excited with RN too. And I would be glad to merge RN with Xd.

For RN we have few tools (IDE) like Deco IDE (just MAC...) and exponent. Deco is very interesting and Xd could overcome it.

I think create UI inside Xd and transform the it's layers into React native tags would be the simplest way. Adobe XD would not be affected just creanting a kind of "react export". These…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (*.scale-100.png, *.scale-125.png, *.scale-150.png, *.scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When creating a prototype link - if you could set an image compression level that would save stakeholders waiting for an age when waiting to viewing the prototype. In a number of cases actually using the prototype link as a presentation tool, it is just not efficient enough to be consistently viable as a choice.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create custom color pallets and be able to have more than one loaded at a time. Be able to customize names of colors, so we can patch developer terms, like 'Primary Color'. Then, be able to change that color and have it change everywhere. Also, be able to delete a color and if you use that color in your document, you can choose a color to replace it with (just like InDesign).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why does there seem to be no interest or demand for this feature anymore? For me it's a "must have" for efficient prototyping. I realize "flat" is all the rage, but I still do a lot of photo-realistic, skeuomorphic design using Photoshop's bitmap-only tools. Without 9-slice scaling, there's no way to properly scale a png graphic within XD. I have to create all the different sizes I need in Photoshop and import them all separately. Doesn't anyone else have this problem, or am I missing something?

I realize there's already a post about this, but I'm hoping for some feedback…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t comment on the state of design, but what I can do for you is to merge the other story into this one, which will notify all of the other people who upvoted for it. That being said, it’s likely that people are beginning to go all-vector, which negates the need for bitmap 9-scaling if you have fixed point corners.

-Elaine

18. Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I was wondering if there could be a feature in Experience Design that allows clients' comments made in the online interactive prototypes to be forwarded to my coworkers' email accounts versus to just my adobe CC account. Perhaps there could be a feature that allows me to add coworkers or clients to an XD project via my CC account so that they get notified whenever a comment is made. This would make it easier especially so I don't have to relay any updates on client comments to my co-workers.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Technically its possible: automatic hyphenation. It would great to implement automatic hyphenation into Xd.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)