Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Been able to merge 2 or more files together. Sometimes client wants to see only a small part or a new idea in the prototype. As a result we make an independent file on its own in order not to mess with main
    If idea works, been able to merge this small file with the main prototype would be a great idea.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since you can only activate 2 devices per Adobe ID, I have two of them: One for private use at home and one from where I work.

I however only have one cellphone and I do not plan on carrying two about all the time.

This leaves me with following problem: I would have to sign out and in all the time to view my different projects.

Since this is more of a hassle than just connecting my phone to my PC using a cable I basically never use the whole wireless thingy when I am at work, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is a simple but yet an annoying issue. Right now, newly created artboards will stack upon each other, with the newest artboard appearing on the top. So for example if you create 5 artboards, they're nicely in order, from left to right in the viewfinder (1-5), but in the layer panel they're in the opposite order (5-1). Why is this good?

I understand that new layers should always appear on top but don't find this logic to apply for artboards. So if there would be a way to change that according to preference that would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All adobe products have at least basic hooks to get current file name or window properties. Personally I use these kind of applescript requests to keep track of what files are open and being worked on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Description : I have 2 art boards. both of them are filled with my design . I wish i can Export this 2 in a same image with a new big art board under them.

Value: normal art boards are used for prototyping and the bigger one is for export interaction design documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The current Artboard grid does not allow for offsetting. This means if you wish the grid to start at a particular x-offset or y-offset you are out of luck.

e.g. if you are designing UI for the iPhone 7 at 375pt width, and you wish to use an 8pt grid, 375 does not divide neatly into 8 and therefore you may wish to add a left margin of 4pt and a right margin of 3pt. Also, you may decide that you wish your 8 pt grid to align vertically to the text in the status bar, so wish to offset…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-mask seems to take the nature of the css attributes "background-size: cover;"

It would be nice if we can choose it to have it behave more like "background-size: contain; background-position: center;"

This would help avoid unwanted cropping.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Say you have a button of some sort and you want it to be in the lower corner of a dialog box. When closing in the size of the dialog box or when positioning the button near a corner or the box, show the measurements to the edges of the box it is near. Attached is an illustration.

(Currently, XD shows distance measurements only when the object you're dragging is snapped to the center or top/bottom/left/right of the other object -- not when it's close to the edge but not snapped).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to pick colors from another window (e.g. I have specs opened in my web browser).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As an update on this, this is a limitation of the UWP platform. I’m keeping this open in case Windows decides to update their security platform to allow selecting outside of the window.

14. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. is the best way for designing fast where there's a ready widget for use immediately, edit it and go not only the common need like slide menu, dropdowns, inputs..etc
    but also widget for bootstrap, fontawesome, fixed header, mobile screen (elements, icons, btns...etc).... i'm here not meaning UiKit where it's now in XD NO, i mean widget on the left side of screen drag and drop inside the artboard edit and go

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)