Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When objects are in a group smart guides do not show up for those objects, only the group. It makes it hard to keep an artboard organized, no objects you want to align other objects to can be in groups.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It may be helpful to see which text objects are point versus area at a glance in the layers panel.

Just a thought.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, to view the full artboard name if it's masked with an ellipsis, double clicking to change the name of the artboard is required to see the name in full.

Please just let us see the full artboard name if we hover over the unmasked portion of the artboard name

Artboard naming is critical when building prototypes and assigning interactions. Need to be able to quickly see the unmasked artboard name so we know we're working on the right one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When users have their mobile device tethered to their machine via USB and are viewing a prototype on that device, as the user traverses through screens it would be helpful to indicate on the computer on the XD canvas which dartboard is currently being shown on the mobile device.

This would be to help track screen flow as you click through a complex prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A great feature would be to export a layout into a format that could be edited in Dreamweaver allowing us to create a layout or UI and then build a final producr straight off of that.

This would speed up the design process and levels of productivity tremendously.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Subform allows a designer to design on 1 art and it will translate to ALL sizes without having to manually resize for every viewport.

That is dope! You guys need to get on that.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. (Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. XD should be a color managed application.

I'm not sure what the full context of color management is within the UI/UX industry is, or if it's something that many pay attention to, or if it's just left un-managed.
    Currently a vast majority of designers are using high gamut displays to design. Our final output will however differ greatly without some proper color management implemented. If color managment is implemented, we can at least visually soft proof our design and colors to specific devices (ie: New iOS devices that support P3 color gamut), or older sRGB devices.
    At the same time…

1,594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Some designs will require pixel precision, it would be great if the current "Align & Distribute" can be enhanced to "Distribute" objects based on pixel spacing. In similar way to how InDesign's "Align & Distribute" panel works. This becomes useful when distributing objects that are not the same that need to be spaced out an even amount of pixels quickly and precise.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

EDITED: I'd like to be able to enter a number while distributing to ensure that my items are X pixels apart.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to scale attributes proportionately. When creating shapes, buttons, or icons within XD sometimes they need to be scaled to different sizes. Currently when scaling these shapes, buttons, or icons created within XD we can no scale some of the attributes proportionately.

As an example I create a container box with a stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text. If I need to scale proportionately, like say 50%, the stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text don't scale proportionately.

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently in XD you have to mask images with a shape, which takes extra steps to accomplish. Being able to paste images or artwork into shapes similar to InDesign is much faster workflow and only requires a single step when working on the canvas.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apple watch Adobe XD app (that runs on Apple watch watch).
    Wouldn't require many additional features compared to its iPhone counterpart.

• Support for 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch sized artboards within Adobe XD (desktop)
    • Support for linked objects/hotspots within the watch previewer app
    • Transition effects visible within the watch previewer app
    • Close prototype by using force touch within the watch previewer app
    • Support for fixed headers
    79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. WIN 10 latest anniversary update.
    2. XD from appstore installed
    3. Connected via USB
    4. Opened XD
    5. Opened App on OS
    6. Nothing on the XD mobile
    7. No mobile icon on XD desktop top right corner

WIN 10 Pro / Anniversary update
    Iphone 5 SE / latest iOS update (just right now)
    XD 1.2 (1300)

XD on windows 0.6.8.6

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you edit a symbol inline, it would be really useful if everything else dulled out or something, so that it was cleat that that is what your doing – think isolation mode in illustrator

I just confused the hell out of myself by repositioning the contents of a symbol, rather than the symbol itself, then at some point later seeing all my other artboards with random positioned stuff. And then when trying to fix (without realising what had happened), I managed to edit the symbol again : /

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When designing web layouts I always need to adjust viewport height manually. It would be nice to have an option to make artboards auto adjustible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)