Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I can't select those two objects (Attachment / Red dots). The reason I want to select them is because I want to align them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I just started using Adobe XD instead of other UX system and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to embed tooltips and/or annotations on design so that when a user is interacting with your prototype and hits a "hotspot" a tooltip or annotation appears.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Whenever I give my design to developers, they always want the pixel measurements in whole numbers and not numbers with decimals. I always have to round the number for each element I drew. Very tedious process.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to be able to link back to the same artboard, rather than creating a duplicate simply to show the way the logic works in the prototype. Although the Symbols feature does work as a workaround, for data-entry type projects, not having a link back to the current artboard is a problem.

For instance, I have an artboard for an event, and I need to add child, adult and senior retail tickets to the event. Currently I have to have two artboards for retail item data entry so that I can have the logic in place to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support the ability to enter a x, y, width or height in physical units (mm,cm,inches,pts...)

The ability to create shapes that are physically sized. For example, creating a square 1"x1", when view on an iPad, it is 1" x 1". Also it would be nice to see those physical measurements.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1,045 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pls add options like in photoshop for layers, small/mid/big. And change layer panel size horizontally.

Now it so small text size.

Thx for your work! like your app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)