Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Usecase:
    Often you will spend days organizing a collection of artboards that you want to export at 1 graphic. 1 way to achieve this is to create a new large artboard and copy and paste your UI from all of them onto the new artboard then export.

If you look at Facebooks toolkit you can see how they have created an outter artboard ideally if you selected it it would include all of the artboards are are on the inside of the main artboard as part of export.
    http://facebook.design/ios10

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we have a keyboard shortcut for align to pixel grid please - it's time consuming to do this all the time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The iPhone 6 has screen dimensions that aren't divisible by 8. As a result, placing a regular grid means that the last grid on the right and bottom and off.

Given that UI designs are bilateral vertically, if you want to make the side margins 16pts and aligned with the grid, the left margin will be off the grid.

To counter that you can make the center grid off by that 1pt, which normally doesn't affect the placement of objects as much.

The same could be done for the horizontal grid, however since most apps aren't bilateral horizontally this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When viewing a preview of your design work in the current window could you make the delete key go back to the previous link please. (Just like a browser back button would do)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could you please add the feature to align multiple selected objects on the artboard.

Sketch has this feature were you could select (lets say) two objects and align them with them self by pressing the align-icon, but if you hold the alt-key you could align them on the artboard

With this feature you don't always have to group multiple objects to align them on the artboard.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After drawing a line for a line graph with the pen tool I realised that my points weren't easily spaced. It would be great to be able to fix this issue by selecting all of the points and distributing them evenly using the alignment tools at the top right.

Writing this I realise that maybe I should just turn on the grid tool and space them evenly first time but this may come in handy for other situations too?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Highlight a Page and export all TEXT BLOCKS as text files for developers to import into CMS.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi Ruth,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
    M.

12. I use a lot of zooming in/zooming out while working with XD, it will be cool if I can keep the button cmd or alt pressed and the zoom will block at 100%.

So if I'm at 60% and pinch zoom with "alt" or "cmd" pressed, the max zoom will get to 100% and not over). Same thing when I'm on 200% (working on some details) and want to zoom out.

Trackpad user will benefit from that, so easy to zoom in/out with a trackpad but sometimes I need 5 or 6 pinches to find the perfect 100%

Thank you…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This might sound silly but I'm on a retina display and in order to see the work more or less in "actual size", I need to type "70%" every time. It would be great having these factors already on the menu for easy interaction.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great if we could assign a content type to an object (graphic, text, unassigned) and set the inset spacing you want applied as well like you can currently InDesign (see screenshots).

It avoids the extra work to create an object and text field separately and group them. This also ensures that the text is always vertically and horizontally centered within your object (see button example in screenshot).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integrating with https://thenounproject.com/ app on Mac would really speed up the process flow of applying icon sets into the app design.

I'm currently hopping from the noun project app, to Adobe Illustrator before copying across to XD. It would be good to miss out the middle man and just drag straight to XD.

Thanks!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already get full-quality vector icons from the Noun Project desktop app directly into XD via copy-paste.

However, if you drag & drop from the Noun Project app into XD, you get a bitmap instead of a vector, which is not ideal.

So XD has partial integration already — I’ll leave this request open to cover the remaining missing piece of better drag/drop behavior.

19. When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)