Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show measurements when resize can be very useful when I resize a button. In this way, I can know the margin between button border and button text

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Preview window is a great way of navigating through a design/flow, especially since the window is minimal and works great with my iOS mirroring software (xScope from Panic).

However, there's no way to affect the level of zoom in the preview window. Preferably, I'd like to set the zoom to 200%, 300%,or 50% (or reset it to 100%). This would make the mirror on my iOS device pixel perfect at 200% (Retina).

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SVG export should emulate Sketch's exporting SVG code (with accompanying height and width attributes included natively). Not as it currently does without height and width. This should also be changed in Illustrator too.

• Set height
    • Set width
    • Address color shift
    24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated this idea with the specific callouts for height/width support and addressing the color shift. It’s possible we might need to split this story up in the future, but I’m leaving it this way for now.

-Elaine

12. when you have a paragraph of vertical text or a list of items if you click the right button of the Might Mouse separate each paragraph break or line break in a menu item, then it would be a ready to use menu and could be edited separately as if it were a menu created from different text boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

3,888 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Material color swatches
    2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to __(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)_ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

851 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. With this enormous amount of artboards which Adobe XD can handle it will be useful to have a kinetic motion for artboards like in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop when you press Space bar and start dragging around it works like a swipe gesture on mobiles — you drag through the artboards with smooth break in the end of the move.
    This feature is now realized on Mac for touch pad. But it would be usefull to have it for "Space+Drag", especially in the future Windows version of XD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I don't think I need to explain the usefulness of this feature. Cmd D to transform again (like in Illustrator) is a beautiful thing. Am i missing something or is this really not there?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)