Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Anybody working in this field knows the "randomuser.me" web service.
    Randomuser.me service is an essential tool for automatic User assets generation.
    AdobeXD should integrate it. It is has simple API, and it is free.
    This would make out lives much easier. Manually creating users profiles every time is something that can make a designer cry...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To create this a demonstration of this needed function, do the following:

Group select a text field with some text in and a text area with some text in, now scale them together. The text field scales as expected but the text area doesn't.

When creating responsive layouts we need to scale elements collectively, this breaks that workflow. Can you please make them both scale together to ease the workflow overhead.

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

1,526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like the possibility of grouping together fonts I use.

Most of the fonts that XD comes with are junk, never to be really used.
    There's no way for fonts I really DO use to stand out in the font selection panel.
    eg:

My hi-fidelity UI fonts KIT, my wireframing fonts, Serif/Sans Serif, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide an option to specify the maximum number of repeated elements so that if the screen is displayed on a slightly larger screen, part of an image will not show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If i create an artboard in photoshop, illustrator, etc i should be able to import those artboards into XD without having to access the original file to make edits such as text changes, images swaps, vector shape edits...

also, i should be able to use animations from flash/after effects to bring in loading screens, sliders, reveals, popups, etc that work within XD (and iphone)

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In other design tools, including Photoshop and Sketch, you can hold the shortcut for a particular tool, take a single action with that tool, and then release the shortcut to return to the default select/move cursor. (This is actually the default behavior of tool shortcuts in Sketch, even when the shortcut is released, which I prefer; Photoshop allows it if the shortcut key is held until the action is completed.)

This speeds up the workflow considerably, since the default cursor is the starting point for most actions I will take in working with any file. In particular, being able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instead of Drag / Drop images from outside of XD, an Image Library exists within XD similar to Illustrator. Images organized into named folders can be drag / drop into repeat grids, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

404 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In prototype mode, you can SEE where the pages connect, but when you switch back to design mode those visualizations are hidden. I would like to be able to visualize the paths in both views, all the time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice (besides animated gif`s) to view cinemagraph images. Advantage would be the low rate of MB’s and so acceptable up- and downloading times.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)