Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I printed my PDF but it would be nice if I could have the option to include the Artboard title added to each one (sort of like the UI).

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sorry if this request is already listed. Could not find it listed amongst the requests.

I absolutely LOVE how you can rearrange your artboards in Illustrator, and even adjust the layout order, columns or spacing between artboards (See attached screenshot).

It really neatens up the workspace, and it makes use of the artboard 'alpha number' instead of the artboards name when rearranging (allowing me to name my artboards whatever I like).

Would love to have a 'sorting' feature like that in Adobe XD please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Overlaying a text box on top of another pre-existing image to copy styles requires you to see what underneath the text while you are changing leading values. Have the highlight state semi-transparent ( or fully) like Sketch/other apps do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need the usual suite of typography shortcuts such as CMD + SHIFT + C for centre, CMD + SHIFT + L for left etc

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. Currently I can only select colors using Hue. If I want to adjust the brightness of a color I need to use the numeric input. It would be nice to allow users to adjust Hue, Saturation, and Brightness visually, similar to the way Photoshop works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Photoshop-style layers (one layer per object) quickly creates a messy layers palette which encourages far too much pointing, clicking, dragging, grouping, naming and organising - it breeds design inefficiency.

We’ve been using Photoshop for web design in spite of this, not because of it!

Few will request this feature so please take a leadership role and ensure fast, digital design iteration isn’t ruined by photo editing paradigms.

Loving this much-needed application so far - great work!

Cheers

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow palettes to be moved to one side of the screen.

The default location of palettes force you to constantly move from far left to far right of a large monitor - it's actually quite painful when you're used to having all palettes/tools on one side and your artwork on the other.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I wish there was a way to change the default drop shadow setting.

I'm in a project now where I decided to add a dropshadow to a number of boxes that are already made on my project. I have to go in and fill in the drop shadow settings every time because they default back to: X:0 Y:3 B:6, which aren't the settings im using.

Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. Be able to flatten layers into a rasterized layer.
    Right now, I need to export a layer to flatten it, then bring it back into an artboard in order to apply a blur effect. It would be nice to not have to leave Xd and then drag in an image. It disrupts the workflow a bit.
    *nice to have

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When the fill color opacity is lowered, the shadow should not show through.

The fill opacity is also affecting the shadow's opacity. These controls should be independent of each other.

I have attached a screen shots from xd that shows the issue and a screen shot from sketch that shows the desired result. The circle on both are filled with #ffffff at 50% opacity.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we’d like to get more feedback on.

a) Some apps (such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) behave the way XD does now: reducing fill opacity (not overall object opacity) keeps the whole shadow visible but reduces its opacity in proportion with the fill color’s opacity. At zero fill opacity, the shadow is completely gone along with the fill (unless you have a border, in which case you have a thin ring-shaped shadow left).

b) Other apps (such as Photoshop or Sketch) behave differently: reducing fill opacity leaves the shadow’s opacity at full strength, but clips the shadow so you don’t see it through the translucent fill. At zero fill opacity, in the middle of the shape you can see what’s behind it completely unobscured, but outside the shape’s edges you still see the drop shadow at full strength.

Which one do people prefer? Do you need to…

19. It is helpfull to preview prototype in real time in browser. In Exactly the same option works very well in Sketch, where you are able to see real time prototype changes not only in mobile app but you are able to share in web your stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)