Request details

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

306 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steffen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazingly, this feature request will soon celebrate its three year anniversary. This most basic of features. I want to love you Adobe, but you are making it very hard. I find myself missing the awesome powers of InDesign every single time I work in XD.

• Renan Mayrinck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have an option to edit the keyboard shortcuts of the application. I'm used to work with Inkscape and Illustrator and I have some keyboard shortcuts I use in both applications to work faster when creating layouts. If I could edit the shortcuts on XD to match my workstyle with other applications, would be easier to work and switch between them.

• Jason Hollister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many things like this that were standard features for EVERY app 20 years ago. It boggles my mind that I cannot change the shortcuts. You create such a well designed, powerful app, and forego stuff like this? Why would you EVER build ANY app of ANY kind without allowing users to customize their hotkeys? This is truly mind-boggling. There are so many blatant UX faux paws in an app made specifically for UX people.

• Facu Prodo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on this? several shortcuts do not work in spanish keyborads. I'm shocked by the fact that something soooo basic as a customize shortuts panel is missing in this app :O

• andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, want that too. I can't believe that every single Adobe application has different shortcuts for the same function. At least let us change them by ourselves!

• Juri Wulff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buy a Mac :-)

Joking aside. I also miss the option for configuring shortcuts. For MacOS users there is a workaround. I needed a new shortcut for "Zoom to Fit All", which I made in the System Settings for the keyboard (isolated to only be applied in XD). This overwrites the default shortcut in XD.

How: https://imgur.com/Vt0XP7d

• Jake Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this. If they are gonna make the shortcuts whatever they want to confuse everyone that's used to illustrator that's fine but at least let us change them.

• User One commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? It has been THREE years! How complicated can it be to implement it? Not sure why there are these "uservoice" websites on Adobe's products, I guess it's just to give their paying customers the ILLUSION that they are being listened to while Adobe goes ahead with it's own agenda anyway.

• Scott C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within all the other Adobe software and one competitor you can create custom shortcut keys to help with your workflow. Please allow me/the user to see in the software the list of all the keys and be able to edit them and possibly upload a config file of the shortcuts. This would be a marked differentiation in the space. Most other SW that competes with XD doesn't have this just a list on a tech support site.

• Seth Sherman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be a great add. In Photoshop I've created a shortcut for collapsing all layers and groups so that it's easy to keep things neat and tidy. However, in XD after a little bit of clicking around the layers become expanded and messy and the only way to collapse them is to individually click on them. This is a very time consumer process when you're doing it multiple times per day.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can customization shortcuts be added for any function in the program such as the right hand panel where you do the majority of the work? It would speed up productivity a lot and have to do less mousing between the main canvas area and the right hand panel. For example, a shortcut for fill where you press control + shift + d or something and the fill window pops up right behind your cursor. It might not seem to take a long time to go to the right hand bar for fill or anything else every time but it does over the course of a day. It would speed up workflow a lot. Same goes for shadow, border, etc.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can customization shortcuts be added for any function in the program such as the right hand panel where you do the majority of the work? It would speed up productivity a lot and have to do less mousing between the main canvas area and the right hand panel. For example, a shortcut for fill where you press control + shift + d or something and the fill window pops up right behind your cursor. It might not seem to take a long time to go to the right hand bar for fill or anything else every time but it does over the course of a day. It would speed up workflow a lot. Same goes for shadow, border, etc.

• Evol Ution commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay when is this feature coming?????????
    Its late 2018 adobe.
    Isn't the keyboard shortcut a very basic feature in every software.
    Then why isn't this one implemented????????????????????????????????????????
    YOU LAZY BONE ADOBE COME ON!
    MY FINGERS ARE BREAKING ON DAILY BASIS 😫😫😫😫

• Hugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As in photoshop or illustrator, adobe XD should allow set the keyboard shortcuts.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base