Request details

Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team)

This would make it easier to use the assets created in other Adobe applications.

1,375 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Muhammad Osman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
feature-started  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Product Manager, Adobe) responded  · 

Hi, everyone! In the August release of Adobe XD, we’ve introduced the ability to consume colors and character styles from your existing Creative Cloud library. We’re working on bringing you the ability to bring in graphics (both bitmaps and vectors) as well, so we’re keeping this feature open until we get that out the door.

In the meantime, if you have feedback on what we’ve already released, please do file a new idea so that we can get community feedback on it.

If you haven’t seen the update yet, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cjw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - I need to be able to:

1 - open other XD files in my Assets Panel as a library
    or
    2 - be able to pull from and ADD TO CC libraries

(or both!)

• I Design Websites commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A pity it's not possible to upvote comments here. Anyway, I have pretty much the same comments as those posted below, plus I need to be able to share and sync styles across xd files because the projects I work on tend to grow into numerous files and after some time, months, years it's a total mess.

• RobertR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a must have. It is impossible to work with XD files as a team without library support for shared symbols. Not to mention Design System. Are you still working on this Adobe? Last post from you in 2017...

• Graeme Fairholm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need shared libraries in XD. The ability to design and share components for the whole team to use within XD. This is the main factor why our company will keep using Sketch and not Adobe XD.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can successfully pull in symbols/styles from existing cc libraries in XD - works fine.

But the thing is, I do most of my work in XD. I'm in the middle of updating our libraries based on comps I'm creating in XD. It is very inconvenient that I have to recreate them in Illustrator in order to add or edit symbols/styles and share them with the larger team. This is extra step is slowing down my flow, and it is making it increasingly hard to maintain our library as it grows.

• Tressa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the concept behind this panel, but I really don't find it at all useful. Adobe CC Library is just so much more powerful. I understand that there are different teams for each product, but CC Library is one of those universal features whose greatest asset is it's ability to work between products. Please, please, please put your heads together on this one. Illustrator's Adobe CC Library game is strong right now - why not just improve the Library to include XD assets and get rid of the XD Assets Panel altogether? The Adobe CC Library even pops-out, allowing me to to place it on a different screen in order to maximize my artboard space (unlike the Assets Panel). The Assets Panel feature is just redundant. As it stands, I have to manually add colors to my color palette from Adobe CC Library (since they are brand-guide dictated), then AGAIN, manually add them to my Assets Pane. Same goes for my icon library, character styles (not even supported by AdobeXD's Library Panel, but is by other products?), etc. Just too much work. I love where your head is at, it's just not there yet.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BOTH WAYS!! Create Library Elements from XD! Pointless if it doesn't work both ways!

• Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news here? We are really looking forward to use XD as a master library.

• Cam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Or perhaps even a beta test I can get in on? My company is about to start making wireframes and this feature is crucial to Adobe Xd being viable long-term.

• Kieran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a fully editable cc library within xd? Just like in photoshop/illustrator etc, the ability to create new libraries, add/delete/edit current libraries would be a big help and seriously improve current workflow standards within XD.

Right now it's a bit tedious having to open a separate program just to remove or edit an asset that XD could do (editing vectors for example), and it does slow down work flow having to constantly jump back and forth between programs.

The current workaround is to unlink the asset from the cc to edit it's contents, but then this makes the cc asset redundant, meaning you'd have to go into another program anyway just to remove or update it to the current unlinked file in xd, which can get pretty time consuming!

Like others have mentioned, being able to link typographic and colour styles as well would be a big help, basically turn the character styles into a cc library or have cc library integration and we're on to a winner :thumbsup

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't really have a "single source of truth" if you have to constantly copy and paste everything into new documents. It is unnecessarily tedious and burdensome, especially for large teams around the globe.

• NJA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linked symbols is helping this issue, but I still need to be able to share colour palettes and character styles to a new document. Just a function to save a master list of styles/colours/symbols that can be retrieved when opening a new document.

Example: I've designed a website in a document, now I have to create some graphics for social use - I'll do this in a new document, but all my colours and fonts have to be re-added to the assets panel. Loading a saved set would save a lot of time (like loading brushes in photoshop for example).

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the "linked symbols" feature!

However, it should be possible to enlarge and reduce the size of created symbols. For example when you have a button in UI kit file, you can copy it to the mockup and change the text on the button. But when the button text has different length, you have to use a different (larger, smaller) button symbol. And probably needless to say, it's nearly impossible to make every symbol in all the lengths.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I work for one of the major Oil companies and would love to make XD our default design application but cannot due to lack of support for shared libraries. I think its absurd that we still do not have a way of maintaining a shared library across teams. Adobe XD is almost unusable on large applications. At the very least could you provide support for merging symbols when combining two artboards from separate files into a single file? This way we could create our own system for maintaining an asset library.

• Chris Northcutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is honestly the main reason we don't switch to Adobe XD. While you can "access" CC libraries, it is pretty basic. Like others have said if you are working on larger project it is nearly impossible to maintain any sort of design system. It would be nice if you could link colors and typography from CC libraries so that when you change the color or type it updates across all files. We are pretty much all adobe aside from UI projects.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base