Request details

Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team)

This would make it easier to use the assets created in other Adobe applications.

1,039 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Muhammad Osman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-started  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Hi, everyone! In the August release of Adobe XD, we’ve introduced the ability to consume colors and character styles from your existing Creative Cloud library. We’re working on bringing you the ability to bring in graphics (both bitmaps and vectors) as well, so we’re keeping this feature open until we get that out the door.

In the meantime, if you have feedback on what we’ve already released, please do file a new idea so that we can get community feedback on it.

If you haven’t seen the update yet, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simona Podova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be in the next release of Adobe XD! It would really help speed up the flow for designing complex products with hundreds of artboard which simply cannot all be part of one single file.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to make big companies happy and have a broader adoption, this should be your priority number 1. Thanks!!

• Denis Teleshevskii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So when?! XD is nothing for command work while it has not CC synced assets (symbols, etc). Now it's only images, colours and types from Illustrator. Bored.

• alexnogues79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not make your own libraries available. I mean, XD files stored in your computer as opposed to only the ones available in Creative Cloud. With Sketch you can add any of your own local files as a library.

It is possible to share assets among XD files, but since we do not correspond within the same file for updating that asset (symbols of components etc.!), We need a copy every time.

It is a symbol function of Sketch. .
        Allow XD assets to be registered in the CC library, etc.

XDのファイル間でアセットの共有はできますが、そのアセット(コンポーネントをシンボル化したもの等が特に!)の更新に対して同じファイル内での対応はしていないため、都度コピペが必要。

Sketchのシンボル機能ですね。。
        XDのアセットをCCライブラリに登録できるようにする等。

• CGA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to organize/view/search the CC libraries in XD the way one is able to do in Illustrator? Currently, it seems you can only view items in a library in tile view and not list view. Also, it looks like it's organized by date added or created. And finally, there's no easy way to search for items in a library; a search bar would be helpful. When can we expect updates to the XD library?

Is there an update on this feature regarding adding assets to the CC library from XD?

• RichD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful (contributing XD assets to CC libraries). A few thoughts...

• Make library color styles support fill and stroke properties in a single chip (can set either to none). This feature is needed across the board for CC library color chips.
        • Make color styles update like assets... in other words if I modify a color in the a CC library color style it updates everywhere that color is used/linked. This is critical for tweaking style guides. Sketch supports this and is a competitive advantage for them (our visual design department is moving toward Sketch for this reason)
        • Allow XD features such as repeat grids to be included in CC library asset.

• Gab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
        I would like to know, how can I keep the CC Libraries window open, every time I switch between applications like Illustrator and Photoshop, the panels always stay open, but not in XD, is there any way to keep it open? Thank you!

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would tweak my workflow substantially. Now I have to find and copy symbols I created before across multiple files. Would be so much better to save them to a libary, and simply reuse them.

Also very useful to add to this feature: group symbols etc. into sections, so I can find symbols faster, like "Buttons", "Form elements", "Navigation elements", ....

Looking out for this feature :)

I think we all want CC Libraries to have a Symbols section, and also the ability to organise these into Groups, perhaps tagging.
        So take this as a big must Adobe! Especially since Sketch just introduced Prototyping.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As sketch now has shared (even nested) libraries as a feature, this will be a critical feature for XD to compete. If it ends up being a CC library that can be shared across photoshop & illustrator, that will be killer!

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to search libraries in XD? I can't find any kind of search bar.

• daniela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me and my team (UX designers) would like to know when the CC libraries will be available for use. we want to make in adobe XD a design system component library so that we can use it.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature of having one place to store symbols and other assets would be very helpful. It would make it much easier working together and across multiple documents.
        Fingers crossed this will be coming very very soon.

• Daniel Galan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping that you guys were already working on this feature and it looks like we'll be getting it soon.
        Thanks for working on this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base