Request details

Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team)

This would make it easier to use the assets created in other Adobe applications.

717 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Muhammad Osman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-started  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Hi, everyone! In the August release of Adobe XD, we’ve introduced the ability to consume colors and character styles from your existing Creative Cloud library. We’re working on bringing you the ability to bring in graphics (both bitmaps and vectors) as well, so we’re keeping this feature open until we get that out the door.

In the meantime, if you have feedback on what we’ve already released, please do file a new idea so that we can get community feedback on it.

If you haven’t seen the update yet, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Galan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping that you guys were already working on this feature and it looks like we'll be getting it soon.
        Thanks for working on this feature.

• Tom Heys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ABSURD that XD doesn't support Color Themes. How the heck am I supposed to work on website/app prototypes within the color schemes of my company?!

• Antje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to have all files / graphics supported... my CC library does show only bitmaps being supported... any other format like AI-Files or SVGs are not supported yet.

• bwinchester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah no library assets in cloud work, other adobe apps show color pallets fine, but xD says it can’t connect and all assets are incompatible. Really ? Color pallets?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have XD last version and all the lkibraries I need to work with present most of its components non supported.

What coould I do?

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adam, it was the first thing I tried to do in XD after building a project library from a PSD web design. Very frustrating when you expect to have a one-stop app for all actions. I've moved on to sketchApp and anxiously waiting for Invison Studio.

• Adam Trabold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you add assets to a shared CC library in XD? It seems impossible...am I missing something?

Thanks!

• Мария Коломенская commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, why this feature is a separate overlay window?! Photoshop is a great tool much better than Sketch just because it allows to customize your workspace exactly like you need. But this panel is just an overlay and you can't even resize it properly! Annoying.

• Michiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame this is not resolved in the CC release. Still feels like beta somehow

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still only Colors appear in XD CC Lib. panel. Character styles and graphics are still not supported. macOS 10.12.6, XD 1.0.

• Nader Amer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to have the option to sync symbols across multiple files, like placing a linked layer in photoshop with the ability of updating it in all files by just editing the source file..this will make creating a design system using Adobe XD very easy.

• Markku Ruottinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there any further information regarding graphic element support? Currently my XD says "You have 128 unsupported elements in this library". Meaning the whole custom set of icons, which works fine in other products like AI.

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's keep it simple for starters. At a minimum, the ability to copy/paste symbols from one file to another without having to paste it in and then add it as a symbol.

Almost as important to me would be saving the library of symbols and having multiple XD files point to the same library. I'm less concerned with full integration between XD and other Adobe applications. But for me to manage a large project all in one file is unreasonable. And as soon as I have multiple files, if they can't share a symbol library I have lots of rework (and no doubt missed items) that will cause discrepancies between my files.

• Stephanie D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to import all of my CC Libraries into XD. Our team has been creating designs in Photoshop and saving out layers to prototype in inVision. This leads to overwhelmingly large PSDs and confusion with all of our layers. We've already created a vast array of assets where we've designed in Photoshop and then saved out as different assets. Now that XD is available for Windows, we would like to be able to switch to XD for prototyping, but want to be able to import our assets into it i.e., our masthead, buttons, form fields, etc. It would be AMAZING if this is already on the radar and being worked on! We want to use XD so bad, but can't take the time to redo everything we've already done. Thanks!

• Hugo Tognolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need symbols to at least be able to copy and paste over other files. It's so frustrating to lose the symbols once we copy them to another file.

• Scott C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@elaine Great work on getting the feature out. I know just getting it out the door can be hard.

Where can I find a complete list of changes for the August release?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base