Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. It would be nice to be able to present Mobile Design for Developer internal or external team members through Adobe XBut There some less featuers for design
    Please add there More Tools like select ,Crop , Shapes Tools , Add ruler ,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file one idea per suggestion. As it is, the features you’ve suggested are already in the database! Please upvote the following stories:

If you have additional feature requests, please file them one at a time here on UserVoice!

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. Symbols not being on Windows first release. UI Kits being left out of the same, as well as layers panel and launch screen. The fact that individual items in a symbol (for navigation and menus for example) can not be individually linked to separate places...and that option having the ability to toggle for global or individual editing... is absurd.

The benefits for using Adobe products...are that they behave like and interact with other adobe products. So far, this is only happening an a fairly limited basis. :/

The more I play with this...the more I'm considering buying another Mac and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Definitely appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I’m closing this suggestion as a general one. We’ve seen a lot of features roll in over the past two years. Please do upvote ideas that are specific to your needs so that we can better prioritize!

3. Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
    Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. I am using Adobe Xd on Windows OS.

I changed Photoshop to Adobe XD and it is very inconvenient because there is no dividing line and ruler function.

I also want to show the size in real time when creating the object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently I'm only able to select colors based on HSL and Hex #.
    • Ability to use RGB color sliders.
    • Ability to see swatches as more than just a thumbnail if needed (ie: Small List, as this would be helpful when you have many color of similar hue).
    • Ability to import/save swatches.
    • Ability to edit a saved color/swatch.
    • Global Swatches (So if I need to edit a specific global swatch, all elements on the canvas will be updated).
    • Adobe Color Themes implementation (ie: Adobe Kuler)

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A number of existing stories are encapsulated in this request. Please do upvote the individual stories, as it helps us to prioritize specific features.

Saving color palettes: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14225049
    RGB: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14684583
    Global Style/Color Edits: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085
    Adobe Color CC integration: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622

Thanks!

-Elaine

6. Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:

• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
    • Vertical Alignment within a text frame
    • Superscript & Subscript?
    • Baseline Shift?
    • Underline
    • Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
    • Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
    • Ability to use more than one type size in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.

Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.

Thanks,

-Elaine

7. I am able to open a file and make changes, then update the LINK under sharing.

However, after making another change, there is no option to "update" the link. I have to close the file and re-open to update the link with those changes.

My suggestion is each time the user clicks the "Share" button, to have the file check and see if any changes have been made. If so, allow to update-link. If no changes are seen, then gray it out until a change is made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Photoshop Live Effects" for objects like inner shadow, gradients, glow,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of effects that have been requested, and it would help us to upvote specific effects to help define which effects are the most useful to you in your design workflow. Here are some of the most common ones, and feel free to file the others:

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. Have any ability to add rectangular tool and info tool like photoshop it's very helpful tools for web design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Once the prototype is completed, allow the option to be integrated into the final solution or exported into the developers code, same as Visual Studios Blend.

Some options would be nice to have would be python, C++, C#, HTML, etc..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of requests that are blended into this single request. Please upvote (and file stories for individual languages or use cases):

Thanks!

-Elaine

11. I've got over a hundred views on multiple projects. For this issue whenever I segue any elements during prototyping the list name of the views which comes up is not alphabetized. This becomes very cumbersome to find the exact name of the view I need to segue which is a real hassle and as a result wastes a bit of time.
    Also it would be a great time saver to be able to segue the same elements found on multiple views. For example if I want to segue an add button to a particular view and this elements appears on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We prefer that the inputs to UserVoice be granular so that people can upvote specific issues. I see three requests in this idea, two of which are already submitted. Please do upvote these:

The third one seems to be a bug, as our arrange feature should work when prompted. Please note that there may be objects that were drawn or placed in the middle of your Z-order. You might want to open the layers panel (Cmd-Y) and see if your object is actually moving up and down when you use the keyboard shortcut methods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Elaine

12. The Google Material UI Kit is great but could all the icons be in there please?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please expand upon existing Google UI kit to include the Google Material Structured Data Table

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have a 2 column grid of portrait photos, but the images that I select for 'Repeat Grid' only populate one of the columns instead of both columns. It would be really nice if the photos repeated i.e. from left to right, top to bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text fields should be able to show the basic semantic categories that HTML offers: paragraphs, unordered lists/bullets, ordered lists/numbers, indentations, headings of various levels. These should be able to be controlled via styles. Otherwise, it's challenging to use XD to design any text-heavy web page or app.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Starting to say that all the new upgrade are making my life way more easier and more time efficient, what i would really love is to have ability like the one a dos In Design file gives you. For instance, being able to use a 360 degree picture that interact through finger touch. The option to place a keyboard out of the work frame but still be able to link it to a button in order to pop up once a user touch that button. Finally add videos.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request reflects three existing ideas in UserVoice. Please do upvote these ideas instead!

Horizontal scroll (for the 360º photo): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13616781
    Artboard overlay (keyboard situation): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909
    Video support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs

Thanks!

-Elaine

17. This looks like it could eventually be a great competitor for Slack. However, critical to the design process are rulers and persistent guides, just like all other Adobe design products. This would seem like a first iteration feature. I couldn't really switch to XD until those crucial items are in place. Other than that, it's a very good start.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. -We need to be able to change content on each symbol.
    such as text in buttons

-It would be awesome to add any variable such as size or state giving the ability to do responsive elements.

-another way of describing the above would be if you have a list of items but that same symbol could be turned into a grid. these are all things you can do with CSS we as designers should be able to do it in the design.

Finally, Margin's and Paddings for elements within other elements This could all be done with these custom variables…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! A couple of things about this request:
    - It’s much better to separate requests like these into individual requests, as it allows for others to search and upvote much easier
    - We already have all of these requests in our database! Please upvote the following features:

Thanks!

-Elaine

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of these suggestions in the backlog already, such as:

Please do swing by these three (and file other ideas) to help with reducing the number of artboards you need to create your designs.

Thanks!

-Elaine

20. First of all, I would really like to have the layers panel. It's actually good since most designers are used to it.

Secondly, I would really like to have a layout option to create gutter space and column layout which really helps in web design.

Otherwise, it looks pretty cool, really love the simplicity of it :)

Cheers,
    Vishnu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)