Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Where are the text formatting tools present on Photoshop and illustrator ?
    - underline
    - all in capital
    - small capital
    - superior/exponent
    - inferior/sign
    - barred

Even making a copy / paste formatting of the text isn't preserved.

Waiting for an answer from Adobe XD Team

Best regards

748 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since this request was first added in UserVoice, we’ve improved the fidelity of our prototyping by introducing auto-animate and a number of different interactions. Since the feedback we’ve received since has been fairly diverse, I’m going to close this one and ask you to upvote or file specific requests in UserVoice with the type of transitions you’re looking for. Thank you!

3. Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This particular feature request was filed before we had robust states support, which enables you to create elements that fix to specific content, like flyouts, dropdowns, etc. If you’re still interested in this feature, please do file again with some examples of what you’d like to do with overlays that you don’t want to use component states for. Thanks! https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/components/make-menus-components-with-nested-hover-states.html

4. There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please expand upon existing Google UI kit to include the Google Material Structured Data Table

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would be amazing having some dummy assets already available for use: things like lorem-ipsum placeholder text, content boxes (crossed out), profile picture/user silhouettes and maybe even social media profile icons (FB, Twitter).

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Every design options Sketch has (style, gradient, type,etc)
    Every Prototype options InVision has (gestures, links, etc, etc,etc
    Every Animation possibilities Principle has
    Every Animation possibilities InVision/Motion will have
    Every prototype options InVision/Silver flow will have.

Then you can start using the word "revolutionize"
    Because right now their is no way we can switch to that tool !!

I don't want to be rude, I'm sure its a great deal of work, but the promise was that it would be a one-time tool and it is far far far from that...

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  Demian Borba responded

Thanks again for the honest feedback! If XD does not make sense to you, it’s totally ok to use the tools that make sense to your workflow. Hopefully, we will do a good job, deliver value with our monthly releases, and one day you can start using it for real work.

If you’d like to track the progress in the different areas you highlighted above, could you please break them down in separate feature requests? It would be more useful for you to get updates on the progress of each feature request, separately.

Thanks a lot.

8. In the Apple iOS UI Kit, there is only the keyboard with the search button in the bottom right, and not a another option for a keyboard with the return button in the bottom right.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Confusing: Sharing popup shows green checkmark even when shared prototype is out of date
    Loving the product folks, just a quick suggestion. Not really a bug.. more of a UX issue. I was a little thrown off when my prototype wasn’t updating even though the green check (up to date?) was there. The copy with ‘share again’ feels wrong to me when you can share again OR update the app.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not marking this as completed, because we’ve gone through a number of iterations on the popup (now Share Mode), which removed the green checkmark. Given that the product has shifted so much, I’m marking this as inactive.

10. In Sketch, you can right-click any area of an artboard and select any of the layers that are under the cursor. This is immensely helpful in selecting layers covered by other layers (eg, rectangles covered by text). And in the absence of a layers panel, it is the only way (that I know of). In any case, it's the most convenient way to do so.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as inactive for the following reasons:

• This was originally filed when XD had no layers panel, and it now has one
    • We also recently introduced a change to the Cmd+Click / Ctrl+Click behavior that would cycle through the layers visually as you selected on the canvas

Given these two things, I’m closing this one as no longer applicable. Feel free to file additional feature requests in this area if you still feel like XD is missing something!

11. -We need to be able to change content on each symbol.
    such as text in buttons

-It would be awesome to add any variable such as size or state giving the ability to do responsive elements.

-another way of describing the above would be if you have a list of items but that same symbol could be turned into a grid. these are all things you can do with CSS we as designers should be able to do it in the design.

Finally, Margin's and Paddings for elements within other elements This could all be done with these custom variables…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! A couple of things about this request:
    - It’s much better to separate requests like these into individual requests, as it allows for others to search and upvote much easier
    - We already have all of these requests in our database! Please upvote the following features:

Thanks!

-Elaine

12. The Google Material UI Kit is great but could all the icons be in there please?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

14. Need to export high-quality PNGs and JPGs

For general use propose - saving into PDFs, Keynote, sending in addition to the working prototype

The PNG export option for the artboard results in an asset that is too poor of quality for general use

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be more fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Some of the other topics here are not yet captured anywhere else. Can you create individual, separate suggestions for these with more details about your needs for each one?

• Keynote export
    • PNG export poor quality (Can you file a bug with more details about the quality problems you’re seeing? PNGs exported from XD should generally be very high-quality)

Thanks for your feedback!

15. We are still using Fireworks as a great tool for layouting for web and digital projects and it's powerful and fast tools for editing bitmaps is something that will make XD stand out from the competitors.
    We know that is a design and prototyping tool but in many phases of our UX and UI design we need some basic bitmap editing activities (we know that Photoshop can do that but the spped and intuitive interface of Fireworks is something that any other Adobe tools does not have).
    It would be great that improvement would be integrated into XD.

Best from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fireworks had a lot of features! We prefer if feature requests are filed more individually, to keep the list tidy and so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in.

Please upvote these existing items if they’re of interest, or file new items for specific other image-editing features you’d like to see in XD:

16. Text fields should be able to show the basic semantic categories that HTML offers: paragraphs, unordered lists/bullets, ordered lists/numbers, indentations, headings of various levels. These should be able to be controlled via styles. Otherwise, it's challenging to use XD to design any text-heavy web page or app.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I miss the character controle from photoshop.

All Caps
    Superscript
    Subscript

and so on

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
    Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. I just gave Adobe XD a try, and I have to say- I think it's a great start toward something I might use, but needs a vast amount of work in order to be a truly valuable tool. As a full-time UX/UI Designer, let me tell you what I'd like to see added to this program:

-The ability to, not only navigate form one page to another, but to add custom animations to that navigation (beyond just "push left" "dissolve" etc).

-The ability to create animations based on user behavior on a single page. For example, when a user taps…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re trying to keep the requests granular so that we can more easily aggregate feedback and get your vote counted correctly. I’m seeing four requests in here, some of which are already in the database. Please do upvote and add additional suggestions!

Custom animations: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12958827
    Prototyping logic: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13040145
    User Testing analytics: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13651005

-Elaine

• Guides :-)
    • Color Tags for Layers
    • UI Dark Theme or the option to select a color theme
    • Selection of Highlight Color on Layers
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! In the future, please file a single ticket per request so that we can more easily aggregate with other feedback we receive! All of these requests are already in the database and just need your upvote:

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53