(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTom Krcha (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to have rulers. Most of us are using Illustrator and Photoshop and it feels strange to use ADOBE software without that feature.

• Marc Reinecker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love rulers to help line up items. Sometimes I'm not trying to "snap" things the way the software wants.

• Hamzeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

without rulers I cant design, I am a UI designer for almost 2year, I'm using photoshop for my works, now I'm testing XD, but without rulers and guides work cant be Accurate and right, Please add the rulers and guides and to this good app.

• John Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I swear to Pete (whoever he is), I Tweeted the other day about this very thing, and an admin asked me what rulers and guides would add that holding down +alt and the smart guides don't already! I was floored. I quickly responded.

Here is the deal, Adobe, as long as XD has neither rulers nor guides, I will keep paying my $100 subscription to Sketch each year. You guys really can't compete at this point in the game, especially w/o simple features like RULERS & GUIDES...

• Karl Orsborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No rulers? Really?? Rulers, or some form of measurement are an absolutely ESSENTIAL part of any design application. I don't understand why or how you would justify not including this functionality as part of XD.

I've just jumped into XD full hog today, as a colleague of mine is using it, but at the moment I'm struggling to see any reason why it could replace Sketch in my workflow. Time to catch up Adobe...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, you must be kidding us right? HOW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO ALIGN STUFF? Don't make us create lines and lock them. Every single Adobe Product has rulers and guides... I hope you guys were joking when you made that decision to exclude Rulers and Guides from a UX/UI SOFTWARE... We NEED these tools.

• Ed Mendivil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Just gave Xd a try today and could not find rulers/guides. An online search brought me here, so I add my voice to the rest asking for rulers and guides just like in many other of your products.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are Rulers going to be added?? This seems like a no brainer and part of a design system.

• Tata Socjopata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. Actually the lack of guides and rulers make me not use XD as for now.

And I'd really like to use it as XD seems to be becoming one hell of a web/ux design package.

• Kraeg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have rulers with or without guides. It would be great to have them for each artboard, but otherwise i'm happy to move the vertices for each board as I move to it. I'd just really like to see some rulers added this excellent product

• Octavian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By XD, I wonder if you mean the emoticon...

But anyway... Where are the rulers? How does one make guides?

Real pity you forgot about rulers.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base