Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTom Krcha (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kraeg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have rulers with or without guides. It would be great to have them for each artboard, but otherwise i'm happy to move the vertices for each board as I move to it. I'd just really like to see some rulers added this excellent product

• Octavian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By XD, I wonder if you mean the emoticon...

But anyway... Where are the rulers? How does one make guides?

Real pity you forgot about rulers.

• Chris Daly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How on Earth did even the beta of this ship without rulers? This is Adobe, right? Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign - with simple and effective ruler systems. C'mon guys. This is basic.

• AdminRandy Edmunds (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Olga, did you know that you can select an object and press Alt key down to get distances between object and artboard sides? Also, if you move mouse over another object and press Alt key you get the distances between the 2 objects.

• Olga Agafonova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to measures distances between objects -- I know we can approximate using the grid but being precise would be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep everything nice and tidy please Adobe. Rulers automatically should be contained within your artboard, unlike Illustrator (rulers for pasteboard section also). Would be nice if you can only see the rulers within the artboard/pasteboard you currently have selected/are working in. This should be default, if you want rulers to spill over this should be a toggle you can set on/off. Also by default zero the ruler to the artboard you are working on.

• rom impas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot and will not use XD until it has rulers & guides and snap to grid. at least a settable grid is already there. C'mon Adobe make this happen fast. So many designers in my company have jumped ship to Sketch. Or maybe its already too late. Sigh. In the meantime, I will continue to use Illustrator on my PC.

• Unknown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the ability to set a 'zero point' for the the rulers, which also sets the zero point of the grid. This is useful in the case where you want an 8pt grid, but the viewport is not divisible by 8 (i.e on the iPhone 7). In this case you may want to offset the grid by 3.

• Birgit Pohl [ACP] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature under Review. Do we have guidelines included and do they go over multiples pages? If not I would open a new feature request for that if not already done. :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base