Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom KrchaAdminTom Krcha (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep everything nice and tidy please Adobe. Rulers automatically should be contained within your artboard, unlike Illustrator (rulers for pasteboard section also). Would be nice if you can only see the rulers within the artboard/pasteboard you currently have selected/are working in. This should be default, if you want rulers to spill over this should be a toggle you can set on/off. Also by default zero the ruler to the artboard you are working on.

• rom impasrom impas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot and will not use XD until it has rulers & guides and snap to grid. at least a settable grid is already there. C'mon Adobe make this happen fast. So many designers in my company have jumped ship to Sketch. Or maybe its already too late. Sigh. In the meantime, I will continue to use Illustrator on my PC.

• UnknownUnknown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the ability to set a 'zero point' for the the rulers, which also sets the zero point of the grid. This is useful in the case where you want an 8pt grid, but the viewport is not divisible by 8 (i.e on the iPhone 7). In this case you may want to offset the grid by 3.

• Birgit Pohl [ACP]Birgit Pohl [ACP] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature under Review. Do we have guidelines included and do they go over multiples pages? If not I would open a new feature request for that if not already done. :)

• Ore AyodeleOre Ayodele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rulers would be awesome. In pixels too. And maybe even a snap feature would be beautiful. Would make the work process that much better.

• DaleDale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you do add this can you add the shortcut key for it too. Also in keeping with the rulers on the rest of the adobe programs let them have the ability to change from pixels, points, inches, etc. This would be fantastic. thank you

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It REALLY needs rulers. As minor as it sounds I'm currently having to remain with Sketch due to the rulers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base