Tom Krcha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreas Dobos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guides and Rulers please. And deleting guides as it is in the other programs. As mentioned below, this workflow is a pain. It works perfect in the other programs. It is not necessary to invent everything new. You can copy perfect workflows from other products. There is a good reason why some things are unchanged for years ;)

• nitai oren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are the rulers again?
    I don’t see why the user need to drag from the edge of the artboard the guide for couple of obvious reasons:
    This is not good usability. because when the user is working on something every time he needs to move to the edge of the artboard and physically move the view of the artboard.
    But hell why? Again there is the rulers convention you did on Photoshop / Indesign etc…
    remember? Why break a good convention?
    B. The user don’t know how to pull out a guide because you don’t show a top bar menu with
    shortcuts and he needs to search in the internet how to do it. You concealed the
    Affordance of the object from the novice users.
    C. Question: let’s say this is you convention. So why the user can’t pull a guide from the
    bottom?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having rulers is a barrier to switching some of our team members over to XD from Sketch. It turns out, that's a pretty valuable tool in some designers' workflows.

• ChrisP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of guides is great, thank you, but having to scroll to the top of the page (for horizontal guides) everytime you want to drag one onto the artboard is so annoying, as is not being able to drag one onto the artboard if guides are hidden. The way guides work in InDesign would be much more useful - drag them from the ruler which is always visible, and if guides are hidden (but obvs the rulers aren't), dragging a guide from the ruler automatically turns them back on.

• Reid Dickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While being able to drag guides from rulers is desired, the primary reason is having a frame of reference for scale, particularly when designing for tablets & laptop/desktop resolutions. It'd be really nice to have the ruler be based on whatever artboard is in the center of the screen (changing if a user selected a different artboard even if it isn't centered). Really hope this gets added at some point... It's difficult to go without after working in Photoshop and Illustrator for so long.

• LORRAINE N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how utterly ridiculous. something so intuitive and normal. like my left arm. you're adobe. master of all things digital authoring. was someone asleep at the wheel when designing XD?

It's utterly insane that this is unincluded feature needs to be upvoted in order for it to be implemented. The only thing crazier is how many years this deficiency has been called out with no action being taken.

• Daniel Vianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why rulers? let people do plugins. Seriously, don't transform XD into another photoshop.
    There are more important things such as focusing on collaboration, symbols and design systems.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm being yelled at by my boss to switch to Sketch because Adobe XD is not capable of competing with them. I don't really want to because I have been with Adobe for over 15 years, so I'm hoping they pull through for all of our sake.

How can this not be there from DAY 1, this is absolutely ridiculous. CC is a complete waste of money as it currently stands.

• Koen Meyssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs guides because the automated guides just miss some things. Especially when the design gets crowded.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Adobe Creative Cloud's web based extract is being retired. I think that's a dumb move, but If Adobe wants us to us adobe XD they really need to add these features. I need to be able to move my photoshop designs and be able to place them properly.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add in guides and rulers! This is a must have feature!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base