Global rulers for the x/y axis.
Hermano Talastas commented
Why is this even an ask? If it's on the other Adobe applications, it should be a no-brainer. Like others had mentioned, inches, pixels, cm, etc.
I had ruler yesterday in my adobe xd. Now i cannot see it. XD making me crazy by frozing and dissapearing the ruler.
Nicola Guarino commented
I would simply add these changes to the rulers:
1. I will put rulers like in other adobe CC software at the top and left of the XD screen for a simple reason, currently I have to head to the left or top edge of the artboard to draw a ruler, if I am with a zoom to center of page I would not be able to draw a ruler, I would have to zoom- and make the page borders appear. Instead if they would work as AI, ID, PS ... the rulers are external to all the artboards.
2. I would like to be able to select, move, duplicate, etc. the rulers by using numeric commands. it would be advantageous as a thing.
3. enabling the possibility to clone a ruler from an existing ruler, to insert the function as in Ai "transform again" (Ctrl + D)
4. Have the ability to display both the "Layout Grid" and the "Square Grid" view simultaneously, or selectively deactivated.
I wish I could have the basic layout grid view to identify the columns in the drawing, but at the same time have the square grid (to remove and put) to have a reference on the vertical axis for elements proportioned to 8px as per standard.
I currently either use one or use the other and switching between grids becomes nerve-wracking as it is.
5. Insert in the windows version the menu commands (file, edit, ...) in the command bar at the top of the software.
I miss the rulers. PLEASE add them again.
rulers please - i need them !
Leonardo Luz commented
No rulers needed. Don't add them.
Rodrigo Candido commented
stop reinventing the wheel, we shouldn't even be asking for this tool
this program is unreal... first I had to figure out how to Save As, and now I come to find out that rulers/guides are not part of this program... what in the world who's bright idea was this...? I'm THIS close to just going back to Sketch once and for all
John Warnock commented
For the love of design add flipping rulers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pixels, inches, centimetres, millimetres.
yes , need a ruler its easier to align with that
As a developer, i need to know spaces between elements. Please add a ruler so that we can measure all the things our designers gives to us.
someone else already said exactly what I was thinking so I'll quote it again "I don't like the current implementation of guides, because you may be zoomed in on a specific portion of the artboard and in order to drag a guide you have to zoom out or move to the top left edge of the board to start dragging. The source of the guides should be more global... like the rulers that have worked for years in all other adobe programs."
When you're on an artboard it's easy to see where you place things when you have a ruler at the top or side of your artboard so you know where you are. It would be helpful to have!! Guides do help but can't replace a ruler on the x/y axis for an artboard.
Please include Rulers in XD
Reshmi Mukherjee commented
Please add rulers. It's a must-have.
This would be handy. Particularly if it could be positionned where needed like in Photoshop.
Also miss this feature. Especially to align elements between artboards.
Swarali Hindlekar commented
Global rulers are really necessary because it gets difficult to work on two artboards at the same time. Unless you create a duplicate copy of the Artboard, you cant see rulers at the same position on the next artboard. There is literally no way to do it!
Serkan Zararsız commented
Please add global rulers also do XD. The artboard ruler is a nice to have, but often I also need global rulers. Also, I have alsways to zoom out or scroll to the top of the artboard to get a ruler and scroll back all the way down. This could be solves with a standard ruler on to the top and left of the the entire working platform and use a keyboard short cut to decide whether it is a global line or an artboard line. Right now it is very limiting and slowing down the performance!