Request details

Global reusable text styles & export text style guide

It would be useful to be able to label text styles as paragraph, h1, h2, link etc and then be able to export a text file that would include all of those styles to pass on to the developer

447 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin Neal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-completed  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Hi, all! In our August release, we’ve introduced our Assets Panel, which allows you to aggregate specific styles in one place for reuse. You can read more about this new feature here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/august-update-of-adobe-xd/

We do have a separate story about handing off to developers here, which you should upvote if you care about the handoff part of things: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12951915-generate-specs-measurements-style-guide-for-de

Let us know what you think in a new idea here in UserVoice.

-Elaine

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great to be able to add the styles to the Assets palette although being able to assign a named label/description would be really helpful when handing off Design specs. Just means the designer and developer are working off the same page.

The Assets Panel with Textstyles is great but it would be easeyer to use if I can ad a label/description (H1, H2, H3, caption, textlink ...)

• Grant Howarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't call this 'Feature Completed'. One needs to be able to label the styles i.e. 'Headers' 'Focus text' 'Paragraphs' 'Micro copy' etc. Also, it would be great if you could click or right click the Character style and see where it is applied in the document. (i.e. it highlights all text areas with that style)

• Guthrie Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a first step it's okay but I think what many want is named paragraph and character styles like those in CSS or word processing.

Selecting a limited number of fonts and variations to use within a single project. the idea is similar to color the swatches one can create to use per project. I believe that this feature is different from styles and a bit more flexible for people who change their mind often.

• Valentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        It would be great to be able to edit the font family on the entire project or artboard without selecting a text item.
        You could select the artboards you want and directly edit the font family.
        I like the way you can do it in CSS.

CRITICAL NEED! The ability to create styles - for text and objects - and the ability to export the styles for developers is absolutely essential. I find XD to be great in a lot of ways, but will use Sketch until these requirements are met.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, this is needed. Fonts change between wireframe and mockup - it's just a given. Don't save us time and get us all excited with 'Repeat Grid' then cost us 2-3x the same time by making us manually change fonts. At the very least make it so text box set in symbols can be overwritten in use without overwriting every use, while allowing format changes to the canonical symbol be reflected in everything using it.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical for any project with more than a handful of pages... which is all projects for me.

• Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Necessary for both efficient developer and design flow. Styles are available in other Adobe Apps and should be here. Very excited about this product, but still not ready for primetime.

I would like to reference an existing external stylesheet - such as Google's Material Design Lite

• popwine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

フォントの個別編集が可能なシンボルライブラリー化
        CSSで文字のスタイルを一括変換できるような機能が欲しいです。あらかじめ文字をシンボル化し、クリックで文字の内容を変更。ダブルクリックスタイルを変更出来るような機能です。

• Qi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after developing wireframe, what if I want to change all the font and it would be great if I don't need to select each text box individually, just with a function says select all fonts or with selection filter.

• sebastiaan vernimmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice to have something like a text library. It should work a bit like the symbol library but then for text.

In the environment that I work in I have a huge amount of different text styles and to make it easier for me to be consistent it would be so nice to have a feature like that. Just define the style sheet and work from here. All titles the same font and color and things like that. That would be very very very very very nice!

• Packy Tagliaferro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In sketch one of the most useful tools I use is setting font styles. Basically I can set and name font styles such as H1, H2, P, subtext. Then when I am adding new text, instead from have to re style again, I can just select a premade font style that includes things like font family, size, color, ect.

This because even more handy when I have an art board all together with Font Styles and examples so when I do the css I can see what all my tags should be.

• Aaron Gess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and paragraph styles. Integration from other adobe projects would be extremely helpful.

• Nicholas Steinwachs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting styles, and having shortcuts to those styles would be endlessly useful.

I can imagine having styles and "Adjacent Styles" that would afford the user the ability to go from say, "standard paragraph text" (cmd + opt + 0), to "disabled paragraph text" and then to "prompter paragraph text" by using some "scroll through adjacent styles" keyboard shortcut.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base