Request details

Guides

An ability to drag out persistent guides to an artboard and have other objects snap to it

674 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom KrchaAdminTom Krcha (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leith GowLeith Gow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant believe this is not in there...
        That said, pull it into line with indesign, margins, gutters and padding on objects would be a great feature. Text and object styles too please.

• Graham BartonGraham Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dumbfounded to learn Adobe XD does NOT have the most basic and necessary feature for layout/design: Margins and Columns. It's IMBECILIC. Sketch has it. Without it, XD is a non-starter of a program. I'm not talking about dragging out the occasional guide here and there, I mean a controllable grid, with margins, columns and gutters. I was all set to embrace XD. Not now. It'll be Sketch.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a full year and I still haven't done anything other than open this application because it's missing the SINGLE most basic and necessary feature, available in every other competing app - rulers and guides. It's truly unbelievable this hasn't been implemented. All the other work on this is just wasted without it. Who is running this project?

• John RodriguezJohn Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like XD, but it's unusable for professional use until basic features like guides & rulers are in. It should have been on of the FIRST things introduced in the app.

• WarrenWarren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wtf how can you make a design app without guidelines, this absolutely ridiculous! Come on Adobe! Add some rulers while you're at it, currently this app with so many features missing is no contest for sketch

• Tracey NguyenTracey Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe Xd NEEDS guides and rulers. It will make all the difference when designing. Please please add this feature!

• Sean AinsleySean Ainsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature we expect with Adobe Products. It would make this feel more familiar if it had rulers and guides.

• KellieKellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need guides!! I'm using work arounds in the meantime... not efficient.

• andy69andy69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This picture was done in "sketchup" and "adobe xd" could benefit from its workflow that would simplify design process.

+Ability to generate custom guides
        +Ability to use dimension tool to manually type and gap size between & part size of selected object either in pixels or millimeters.

• ReneeRenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, I'd start using this app tomorrow if it had Guides and the ability to create guide layouts - totally baffled as to why it hasn't happened yet!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base