Request details

Guides

An ability to drag out persistent guides to an artboard and have other objects snap to it

449 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom KrchaAdminTom Krcha (Admin, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hadn't review Xd again since you guys launched the first beta. I seem to remember not been crazy about it, so I kept working with Sketch. Today; don't know how, I went back to check out for updates and things were looking pretty good... After looking more info, I felt I could jump and try it, until I saw the lack of Guides!?. The only option of grid it doesn't work for me at all. be able to set grids and use guides is a deal breaker.
        Sorry guys

What?? I don't believe this. This was requested on 26, May 2016, and still not considered??? This is basic!

• Benjamin SmithBenjamin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At MAX 2016, they told us they intentionally left out guides because the snapping is so smart we wouldn't need it. This would be cool and I wouldn't mind, but it is simply not the case. Even when I have a 12 column grid, I have trouble aligning objects to it. I need to zoom in to like 700% and nudge it with the keyboard because it snaps like 10px to the left or to the right of the grid object.

• Zach BruceZach Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a responsive web UX designer, this is one of the most important missing features from Xd. Is there a reason why this feature is still under review?

I've actually experimented with using repeat-grid boxes as guides to some marginal success, but it's difficult to do the maths every time I want a guide layout.

• JanyJany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guides are necessary when your object does not fit the exact size of the pixel grids, pls add it!

• ShianShian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never use guides if the objects can snap to grid and auto-align. guides is old school haha ;p

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to using this app for web design mockups, but I really can't until I am able to lay down guides. Please include them soon!

• Agata YamashiroAgata Yamashiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty please! Every day I look for the guides before I realise Xd still doesn't have it. So I'd really appreciate if next update come with it! :D

Rulers and guides are a necessity. Along with that is grids. Hard to create a proper design without them.

• DeliutakDeliutak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement rulers and guides! My upvote here. While smart guides are great it would be way easier to align across artboards, etc.

• RosanneRosanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed! I was surprised guides and rules were not yet available ... Thanks for adding this indispensable feature..

• Rachael MaddisonRachael Maddison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made my own guides with outlined boxes and simply grouped them and locked them in a top layer. But still another extra step that takes away from the time saving...

Definately needed. It is enough to stop me from using the program, regardless of how great other features are, guides are so simple but crucial for web design.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base