Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Currently I'm only able to select colors based on HSL and Hex #.
    • Ability to use RGB color sliders.
    • Ability to see swatches as more than just a thumbnail if needed (ie: Small List, as this would be helpful when you have many color of similar hue).
    • Ability to import/save swatches.
    • Ability to edit a saved color/swatch.
    • Global Swatches (So if I need to edit a specific global swatch, all elements on the canvas will be updated).
    • Adobe Color Themes implementation (ie: Adobe Kuler)

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

A number of existing stories are encapsulated in this request. Please do upvote the individual stories, as it helps us to prioritize specific features.

Saving color palettes: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14225049
    RGB: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14684583
    Global Style/Color Edits: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085
    Adobe Color CC integration: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622

Thanks!

-Elaine

2. "Photoshop Live Effects" for objects like inner shadow, gradients, glow,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of effects that have been requested, and it would help us to upvote specific effects to help define which effects are the most useful to you in your design workflow. Here are some of the most common ones, and feel free to file the others:

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. Starting to say that all the new upgrade are making my life way more easier and more time efficient, what i would really love is to have ability like the one a dos In Design file gives you. For instance, being able to use a 360 degree picture that interact through finger touch. The option to place a keyboard out of the work frame but still be able to link it to a button in order to pop up once a user touch that button. Finally add videos.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request reflects three existing ideas in UserVoice. Please do upvote these ideas instead!

Horizontal scroll (for the 360º photo): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13616781
    Artboard overlay (keyboard situation): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909
    Video support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs

Thanks!

-Elaine

4. I have a 2 column grid of portrait photos, but the images that I select for 'Repeat Grid' only populate one of the columns instead of both columns. It would be really nice if the photos repeated i.e. from left to right, top to bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of these suggestions in the backlog already, such as:

Please do swing by these three (and file other ideas) to help with reducing the number of artboards you need to create your designs.

Thanks!

-Elaine

6. I've got over a hundred views on multiple projects. For this issue whenever I segue any elements during prototyping the list name of the views which comes up is not alphabetized. This becomes very cumbersome to find the exact name of the view I need to segue which is a real hassle and as a result wastes a bit of time.
    Also it would be a great time saver to be able to segue the same elements found on multiple views. For example if I want to segue an add button to a particular view and this elements appears on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We prefer that the inputs to UserVoice be granular so that people can upvote specific issues. I see three requests in this idea, two of which are already submitted. Please do upvote these:

The third one seems to be a bug, as our arrange feature should work when prompted. Please note that there may be objects that were drawn or placed in the middle of your Z-order. You might want to open the layers panel (Cmd-Y) and see if your object is actually moving up and down when you use the keyboard shortcut methods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Elaine

7. When viewing a prototype in a browser (from a link) let's say we start off at a mobile size. Then when we click through to the desktop version can the viewport resize to the bounds of the art board dimensions please? The same would be in reverse: if you started off looking a desktop prototype and then clicked through to the mobile version, could the viewport resize to the art board bounds please?

It's a pain to have to keep resizing this when with clients or when looking at prototypes across various device sizes.

Thanks

James

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Repeat Grids are amazing.

However, I've found multiple occasions where I want to change a style in one element of a group but don't want this to effect all of my repeated groups.

It may be that this element I want to change is a link for one particular group but it shouldn't be a link in another. So far, I've did a bit of a workaround by copying the element from the group, clicking out of the repeated grid and then pasting in place and changing the style to the element which now sits on top of the repeat…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This looks like it could eventually be a great competitor for Slack. However, critical to the design process are rulers and persistent guides, just like all other Adobe design products. This would seem like a first iteration feature. I couldn't really switch to XD until those crucial items are in place. Other than that, it's a very good start.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm always in awaiting approval for teh website where we can find new build and acces forum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

I believe you’re talking about the prerelease forums. We experienced a hiccup earlier this week, but you should be able to access the prerelease forums now. As a side note, everything in the prerelease is considered NDA, so you should post feature requests and feedback in the prerelease forum instead of on UserVoice.

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. On IOS device. I can't using a UI kits on iPhone or iPad when I'm on the way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. First of all, I would really like to have the layers panel. It's actually good since most designers are used to it.

Secondly, I would really like to have a layout option to create gutter space and column layout which really helps in web design.

Otherwise, it looks pretty cool, really love the simplicity of it :)

Cheers,
    Vishnu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If so please use the one that keeps the recently opened files on the right-hand side. That way you save me the extra work of going to the top nav and accessing a fly out menu to choose my file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. need other languages options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for elements?…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When presenting a bigger project with many pages, I had trouble to show them the pages when presenting it online. I think the arrows are a great way to go through page 1 until page x. But when the order is random it does not make any sense to use it, so I used the local XD-file with the stage.

I suggest to take the order for the page by using the position of the upper left corner of a page. I am open to any other possibility that gives me the possibility to control the order of the pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To link listed textlink labels individually, the designer must deconstruct the work of positioning and spacing of each label. This is very bad design experience and lowers productivity. I recommend providing a feature to break apart each individual label that is spaced more than 1 pixel apart. Or providing a hit spot to place over each label and linking the hit spots, as in Axure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I really like the idea of Xd but it needs to be quicker to use.

Can you expand the existing menu so that it contains common website/app elements that can be simply dragged and dropped into our prototypes? You already have this within some of your other programs.

Eg Drag and droppable:

expandable/collapsable menus, form elements, scrolling effects, mouse effects, states, swatches, text options(colour, kerning, header 1, 2 etc), modal windows, buttons, carousel, jumbotron, image effects, lists etc.

Also a link to cc libraries & assets would be great.

I think expanding the menu like this would save a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of great suggestions in this feature, but it’s really hard to aggregate these with other suggestions from other customers. Please do upvote for some of the individual features you’ve suggested:

1. Reusable widgets:
    (For instance)
    Form elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13833198
    Button tool: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298

2. CC Library support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

19. Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

20. Hi guys, I love where this software is going and enjoy using it. I think it has great potential for become an industry standard tool but it still needs to catch up on a few things.

Please see link to see what this particular competitor is doing for your inspiration http://principleformac.com/tutorial.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a specific feature from Principle that you’d really like to see in XD? If so, please do file that in the database or upvote a specific feature. We’re listening to you, and we also want to make sure that our feature set matches the needs of our customer base as a whole.

Thanks,

-Elaine