Global rulers for the x/y axis.
Yep... switch to Figma, Sketch or any other application. this is ludicrous
tanmay pandey commented
Yes! Rulers, please!
Kristy Benson commented
I need rulers in XD!
Yes ruler is very much required
Still waiting for rulers......
Duc Dao commented
At this point it's just ridiculous
Switch to Sketch.... rulers are available since version 0.1
Sreehari Avikkal commented
Waiting for Rulers!!!!
Hermano Talastas commented
Why is this even an ask? If it's on the other Adobe applications, it should be a no-brainer. Like others had mentioned, inches, pixels, cm, etc.
I had ruler yesterday in my adobe xd. Now i cannot see it. XD making me crazy by frozing and dissapearing the ruler.
Nicola Guarino commented
I would simply add these changes to the rulers:
1. I will put rulers like in other adobe CC software at the top and left of the XD screen for a simple reason, currently I have to head to the left or top edge of the artboard to draw a ruler, if I am with a zoom to center of page I would not be able to draw a ruler, I would have to zoom- and make the page borders appear. Instead if they would work as AI, ID, PS ... the rulers are external to all the artboards.
2. I would like to be able to select, move, duplicate, etc. the rulers by using numeric commands. it would be advantageous as a thing.
3. enabling the possibility to clone a ruler from an existing ruler, to insert the function as in Ai "transform again" (Ctrl + D)
4. Have the ability to display both the "Layout Grid" and the "Square Grid" view simultaneously, or selectively deactivated.
I wish I could have the basic layout grid view to identify the columns in the drawing, but at the same time have the square grid (to remove and put) to have a reference on the vertical axis for elements proportioned to 8px as per standard.
I currently either use one or use the other and switching between grids becomes nerve-wracking as it is.
5. Insert in the windows version the menu commands (file, edit, ...) in the command bar at the top of the software.
I miss the rulers. PLEASE add them again.
rulers please - i need them !
Leonardo Luz commented
No rulers needed. Don't add them.
Rodrigo Candido commented
stop reinventing the wheel, we shouldn't even be asking for this tool
this program is unreal... first I had to figure out how to Save As, and now I come to find out that rulers/guides are not part of this program... what in the world who's bright idea was this...? I'm THIS close to just going back to Sketch once and for all
John Warnock commented
For the love of design add flipping rulers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pixels, inches, centimetres, millimetres.