Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Repeat grid properties in the property inspector (spacing, number of rows/columns)

Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (properties)…

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same URL (multiple owners of a prototype or design spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    2. Save the .xd file
    3. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    4. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. This behavior in XD is intentional. Only the user who created a prototype link is able to update that link. The thinking is that the owner for the link may not want others making changes.

At the moment, the only way for multiple people to update a prototype at the same URL is to be logged in with the same Creative Cloud account. We are however discussing adding the ability to specify more than one owner for a prototype – and we could then allow all owners to update the prototype link. It sounds like this is what you were expecting and the behavior you would like to see, is that correct?

3. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)

The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  29 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide all panels

Ability to view only stage, some kind of preview mode, no toolbars & right panel. It will let you focus on content.
    (like F in Photoshop)

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-under-review  ·  MrTalin responded

Hey Ryan! Definitely something I’ve been looking for as well!

I can safely say this is a feature we’d all like to see in XD.

7. Import or export Figma (.fig) file

It is necessary to inntegrate thisis app witith XD. Since Figma is like XD, and some features are still missing in XD, collaborating both app will be beneficiary.

www.figma.com

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clear all prototype wires

I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  27 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dedicated Export workspace to extract CSS styles, measurements, assets

It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe XD to Flutter

It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change default fill and stroke settings (color, etc.) used when drawing new shapes

It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Kerning options for text

Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export HTML / CSS animation code snippets for transition animations

It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preserve corner radius when resizing

If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

16. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integration with Adobe Animate CC

If i create an artboard in photoshop, illustrator, etc i should be able to import those artboards into XD without having to access the original file to make edits such as text changes, images swaps, vector shape edits...

also, i should be able to use animations from flash/after effects to bring in loading screens, sliders, reveals, popups, etc that work within XD (and iphone)

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Locked objects should be completely disabled

At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display artboards framed by a mobile device outline

Ability to add a device outline to show context.. would be cool to even create your own device outline (currently I'm designing a UI prototype for a smart credit card, but having to use a mobile screen UI canvas to show the interactions)

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base