Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PDF Export - compression options to reduce file size

Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Built-in Library of Wireframe Elements, for generic web / mobile design

To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  57 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annotations in design mode

As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

7. Adjust line spacing between individual lines in area text

Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. InDesign integration

Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Find Font (globally replace one font with another)

Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  16 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  67 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export files to flinto and Principle

What I love from XD is the ability to design and prototype in the same tool without having to install hundreds of plugins and the lightweight that it is. Sometimes have to animate things faster with custom animations and I use these tools (Principle and Flinto) to create them. I've been obligated to recreate my designs into this tools then animate. It should be nice to have a export tool to this tools or others.

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Line/stroke ending in arrows

Line start and end should allow arrows, triangle, or circles

----
    Original request:
    (this covers some topics already tracked elsewhere on UserVoice: please upvote those other suggestions if you're interested in dotted lines and CSS-driven styling).

In CSS and other adobe tools we have Stroke or Border options like type or style (dotted, dashed) start and end (arrows, triangle, circles). In XD we do currently have weight and color options, though it will be amazing to add these options to reflect dotted arrow line or dashed border around a rectangle etc.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Several of the items originally mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already:

The only suggestion I think we don’t have listed yet is arrow-head line endings. To keep the request list tidy, I will change the title here so it is specifically focused on that one idea. Please upvote the other links above so your interest in those features is captured too.

Thanks for your feedback!

14. Multiple fills, borders, and shadows

Add multiple fills, borders and shadows on top of each other

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Swap symbols / replace with symbol

Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

------------
    This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show all available screens to navigate in shared prototype (map / overview of all artboards)

I would like for there to be a way to display all available screens in the prototype. Currently the web view is good for presenting but not good for users who are not clear on what the flow is. Providing a way to jump around these screens would be incredibly helpful.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that we are considering to provide a thumbnail view that would display thumbnail images of all the artboards present in a shared prototype link, along with its name.

You can then click on any of those artboards and jump to it directly.

Stay tuned for more updates!

17. Export Animated GIF

Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

18. Ability to connect shapes to draw a flowchart

I would like to be able to connect different shapes (rectangles, rhombuses/diamonds, ellipses, but potentially everything). The connector line should either be solid, dashed or dotted and end in an arrow. If I move a shape, both of the connected shapes stay connected (the line expands/contracts as necessary). The line should be able to carry a text label, either in the middle, at the beginning or the end (supercool would be if you could add an offset from/to beginning/end of the line).

In other words: I would like to be able to draw a flowchart.

For me as a UX…

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Adobe Typekit

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  7 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fit Textbox to Text

I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base