Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It is necessary to inntegrate thisis app witith XD. Since Figma is like XD, and some features are still missing in XD, collaborating both app will be beneficiary.

www.figma.com

355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. WIN 10 latest anniversary update.
    2. XD from appstore installed
    3. Connected via USB
    4. Opened XD
    5. Opened App on OS
    6. Nothing on the XD mobile
    7. No mobile icon on XD desktop top right corner

WIN 10 Pro / Anniversary update
    Iphone 5 SE / latest iOS update (just right now)
    XD 1.2 (1300)

XD on windows 0.6.8.6

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

342 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On the web, i often use line height to determin the height of the types container. Therefore the text should sit vertically centrally to its line height. This is different to how line height works in print.
    I also use line height for vertical rhythm. see more info on this here:
    http://typecast.com/blog/4-simple-steps-to-vertical-rhythm

vertical rhythm is a huge factor when I design for web

341 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apparently only JPG/PNG is supported when performing drag & drop of a set of images.
    My assets are often SVG so supporting that format there would spare me from having to generate temporary PNGs or place manually.

It seems currently it adds all SVGs on all cells when dropping and creates a mask of all the files combined(??).

Thank you.

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

10. I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like Adobe XD to be able to export/sync to InVision to support "Motion".

"Motion" is a closed beta at Invision that supports micro animations/interactions – similar functionality to what thirdparty apps/services like Atomic, Marvel and Flinto has to offer.

By enabling Adobe XD to export its assets to Invision in such a way that "Motion" inside InVision can be applied to the XD wireframes/prototypes/designs inside InVision.

Preferably XD export to InVision should support sync, perhaps via Dropbox.

PS. For the long run XD could add "Motion" functionality inside XD and thus reverse sync the motions from Invision "Motion"…

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

18. When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)