Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

543 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to view only stage, some kind of preview mode, no toolbars & right panel. It will let you focus on content.
    (like F in Photoshop)

533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  MrTalin responded

Hey Ryan! Definitely something I’ve been looking for as well!

I can safely say this is a feature we’d all like to see in XD.

3. It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

519 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can't believe this suggestion doesn't already exist, but I work on a 32" or a 27" monitor all the time. I have plenty of screen real estate. Why not let me view both Assets and Layers panels at the same time?

489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since it's an UX design app, why not add a customer journey map tab? UX designers could start from it, designing the user experience, defining channels, touchpoints, personas, actions and feelings... and then going deeper into visual designs and prorotypes.

455 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 406 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

404 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

20. I would like to be able to connect different shapes (rectangles, rhombuses/diamonds, ellipses, but potentially everything). The connector line should either be solid, dashed or dotted and end in an arrow. If I move a shape, both of the connected shapes stay connected (the line expands/contracts as necessary). The line should be able to carry a text label, either in the middle, at the beginning or the end (supercool would be if you could add an offset from/to beginning/end of the line).

In other words: I would like to be able to draw a flowchart.

For me as a UX…

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)