Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate with Adobe Comp CC

Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Parallax and other effects while scrolling

Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF Export - compression options to reduce file size

Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

337 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

337 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  48 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Repeat Grid overrides / inheritance (some styles differ in an item, rest still sync with other list items)

It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Choose which artboards to share (share link to prototype/design spec subset / exclude some artboards when sharing)

Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset _as well_ would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX…

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding colors, styles, symbols to CC library from within XD

Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Animated GIF

Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

10. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  81 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Nested Symbol Overrides: swap inner symbol in different copies of outer symbol

So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  67 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

15. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

16. 286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export to InVision with assets to support "Motion" and prototyping (like Craft)

I would like Adobe XD to be able to export/sync to InVision to support "Motion".

"Motion" is a closed beta at Invision that supports micro animations/interactions – similar functionality to what thirdparty apps/services like Atomic, Marvel and Flinto has to offer.

By enabling Adobe XD to export its assets to Invision in such a way that "Motion" inside InVision can be applied to the XD wireframes/prototypes/designs inside InVision.

Preferably XD export to InVision should support sync, perhaps via Dropbox.

PS. For the long run XD could add "Motion" functionality inside XD and thus reverse sync the motions from Invision "Motion"…

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export to Muse CC

It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Annotations in design mode

As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base