Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vertical Alignment of text in text box

Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

567 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  60 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Superscript/Subscript

Set text in superscript and subscript.

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  110 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Psd export and multiple formats using Extract

We need export as a Psd or export multiple formats or use Extract to transfer layout objects CSS to Dreamweaver like creative cloud extract.

491 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  95 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wifi connectivity for XD app (not connecting only by USB cable)

Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

483 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  40 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Infinite Canvas

One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

471 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Logic in prototyping - conditional behavior, branching, if/then

To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

464 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  33 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set Default Style for Text Tool

Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

----
    Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>,…

437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

9. Collaboration on same document (real-time OR check-in / check-out model)

I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make an iOS version of XD with robust iPad Pro support

I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  26 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links

Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New mode: IA Flow

Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to ___(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)__ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

390 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dynamic link with other CC file formats - edit in Photoshop/Illustrator auto-updates in XD

It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

384 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 366 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom Scroll Animation Behaviour

Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  33 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Interactive Native Widgets/Controls to Prototypes

Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

356 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gradient color swatches

Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While XD doesn’t yet have this feature to save gradients in the color picker popup’s swatches, you do have several other options today:

- Store gradients in the Assets panel swatches: open the Assets panel on the left side (View > Assets), and click the “+” next to Colors. Then select any other object and click the gradient swatch to apply it to that object.

- Copy gradient fills between objects: use regular Copy on the source object, then select the destination object and choose Paste Appearance.

20. Glyphs Palette

With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base