Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'm a teacher at university who have a sort of CC team model installed on their computers. I wanted my students starts learning from beginning XD but unfortunately you can install it just via the CC app and there is no stand alone installer on line.

I know its not a feature request and its very specific request :)

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to add your own UI Kits to the start screen

It's great having iOs etc on there but for professionals working on lots of projects (web based) for big brands there is definitely a need to have custom UI Kits for each brand. This will speed up projects massively as well as maintaining consistency across all projects. Thats essential when you are working to strict brand guidelines.

Make it happen Adobe ;)

806 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

5. With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

800 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

767 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

709 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to scale attributes proportionately. When creating shapes, buttons, or icons within XD sometimes they need to be scaled to different sizes. Currently when scaling these shapes, buttons, or icons created within XD we can no scale some of the attributes proportionately.

As an example I create a container box with a stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text. If I need to scale proportionately, like say 50%, the stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text don't scale proportionately.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

12. Line start and end should allow arrows, triangle, or circles

Original request:
    (this covers some topics already tracked elsewhere on UserVoice: please upvote those other suggestions if you're interested in dotted lines and CSS-driven styling).

In CSS and other adobe tools we have Stroke or Border options like type or style (dotted, dashed) start and end (arrows, triangle, circles). In XD we do currently have weight and color options, though it will be amazing to add these options to reflect dotted arrow line or dashed border around a rectangle etc.

650 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Several of the items originally mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already:

The only suggestion I think we don’t have listed yet is arrow-head line endings. To keep the request list tidy, I will change the title here so it is specifically focused on that one idea. Please upvote the other links above so your interest in those features is captured too.

Thanks for your feedback!

13. 639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

638 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

606 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

580 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  Hoyle responded

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD