Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. XD should be a color managed application.

I'm not sure what the full context of color management is within the UI/UX industry is, or if it's something that many pay attention to, or if it's just left un-managed.
    Currently a vast majority of designers are using high gamut displays to design. Our final output will however differ greatly without some proper color management implemented. If color managment is implemented, we can at least visually soft proof our design and colors to specific devices (ie: New iOS devices that support P3 color gamut), or older sRGB devices.
    At the same time…

1,594 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    3. Save the .xd file
    4. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)
    1,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

1,526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

1,472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1,421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

1,380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

1,218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

1,197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

1,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

1,115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add unique CSS properties to object properties.
    Things like Margins, Padding and un-even borders are not common for design apps, but it would be great to define them per object in XD, honor them in the design mode, and export them as part of the object css,

1,111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1,046 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1,045 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1,025 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

1,009 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

994 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

956 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to __(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)_ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

851 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

834 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)