Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1,113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

281 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button tool - style text box with border, background color, padding (auto resized when text changes)

To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,009 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  82 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blend Modes

It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

1,001 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

144 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export from XD to Sketch

Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
    Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

971 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text: Bullet points

I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full justification for area text

Make the editable text area's fully justifiable to mirror publication materials.

851 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive form elements

Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

830 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  60 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interactive Prototyping for User Testing

I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

792 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  28 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 764 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fonts preview

When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

752 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use CSS properties / classes to specify object appearance

Add unique CSS properties to object properties.
    Things like Margins, Padding and un-even borders are not common for design apps, but it would be great to define them per object in XD, honor them in the design mode, and export them as part of the object css,

738 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  36 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apply a border/stroke to 1 side of a rectangle.

Rectangles: allow 1 or more sides to have a border(stroke), like: border-top

725 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

709 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More default animations and easings

It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

663 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vertical Alignment of text in text box

Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

645 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  64 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use webfonts without manually installing font locally

I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

643 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 625 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Standalone installer

I'm a teacher at university who have a sort of CC team model installed on their computers. I wanted my students starts learning from beginning XD but unfortunately you can install it just via the CC app and there is no stand alone installer on line.

I know its not a feature request and its very specific request :)

615 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

435 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add your own custom UI Kits

The ability to add your own UI Kits to the start screen

It's great having iOs etc on there but for professionals working on lots of projects (web based) for big brands there is definitely a need to have custom UI Kits for each brand. This will speed up projects massively as well as maintaining consistency across all projects. Thats essential when you are working to strict brand guidelines.

Make it happen Adobe ;)

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Collaboration on same document (real-time OR check-in / check-out model)

I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

597 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base