Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fit Textbox to Text

I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Align to key object

One of the most convenient alignment features in illustrator is the 'align to key object', which Sketch doesn't support, making it difficult to align objects quickly. Please add that feature for XD.

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export XML Layout Code for Android

Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Repeat Grid: different SVG images in each grid cell

Apparently only JPG/PNG is supported when performing drag & drop of a set of images.
    My assets are often SVG so supporting that format there would spare me from having to generate temporary PNGs or place manually.

It seems currently it adds all SVGs on all cells when dropping and creates a mask of all the files combined(??).

Thank you.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Adobe Typekit

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  7 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export interactive prototype as native mobile app (iOS, Android)

Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
    So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC…

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Animations that react to a phone's accelerometer

In a perfect world I would like have dynamics animations on differents layers when you scroll or move the phone. It will improve a lot the possibilities of the soft.

Dynamic animations

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tethered (USB) Mobile Device Preview on Windows

1. WIN 10 latest anniversary update.
    2. XD from appstore installed
    3. Connected via USB
    4. Opened XD
    5. Opened App on OS
    6. Nothing on the XD mobile
    7. No mobile icon on XD desktop top right corner

WIN 10 Pro / Anniversary update
    Iphone 5 SE / latest iOS update (just right now)
    XD 1.2 (1300)
    XD on windows 0.6.8.6

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple sharing links for different subsets of same file

I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a workaround for this featire you can make your home artboard an “index” page which links to the different views/subsets of your design. When you share your design and visit the URL you can click through to the real home artboards and copy the URL (each artboard has it’s own URL on the shared link). You can then share these URLs to link people to a subset of your design.

We hope to be able to formalize this feature in the future.

12. Better svg export

Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "_exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "_edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner svg would…

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

13. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Choose reference / anchor point for transform origin and X, Y display

Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bitmap Editing: basic image filters (hue, saturation, brightness/levels)

the ability to apply image filters and treatments such as "hue, saturation, levels, etc".

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide all panels

Ability to view only stage, some kind of preview mode, no toolbars & right panel. It will let you focus on content.
    (like F in Photoshop)

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-under-review  ·  MrTalin responded

Hey Ryan! Definitely something I’ve been looking for as well!

I can safely say this is a feature we’d all like to see in XD.

17. Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make "None" the default transition, not "Dissolve"

I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Google Maps

support for Google Maps

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include Baseline Grid for text

I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base